English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 26 September 2008, 19:47   #121
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonHellraiser View Post
OK will do

Hang on, someone called beer is calling my name The weekend is here 'n' I need a crate of BEER!!!
Hey, you're right. He's just knocking on my door
Cheers and have a nice evening
Old 28 September 2008, 15:19   #122
DH
Global Moderator

@TheCyberDruid:

LSD Grapevine mag uploaded

This file is 36Mb 'n' took 22 minutes to upload even on broadband if I uploaded both files (on broadband) it was going to take nearly 2hrs to upload them so I only uploaded the one above. Is there a reason for this or is this normal

I'm back on dialup so maybe I'll upload them bit by bit, as in alphanumerical files. On this system it will take at least a fortnight to upload them all in one go 'n' by then I'll probably be MAD
Old 28 September 2008, 15:53   #123
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
@TheCyberDruid:

LSD Grapevine mag uploaded

This file is 36Mb 'n' took 22 minutes to upload even on broadband if I uploaded both files (on broadband) it was going to take nearly 2hrs to upload them so I only uploaded the one above. Is there a reason for this or is this normal

I'm back on dialup so maybe I'll upload them bit by bit, as in alphanumerical files. On this system it will take at least a fortnight to upload them all in one go 'n' by then I'll probably be MAD
Thanks for the upload
36 MB in 22 minutes sounds quite okay (23 kbps upload). Have you checked how much your maximum upload speed is DH? If it should be more than maybe you should contact your broadband provider, because Magix FTP can handle more than 23 kbps upload
Old 28 September 2008, 16:24   #124
DH
Global Moderator

No problem TCD

Having a few problems with IE, everything is taking ages to load in. Good reading
Old 28 September 2008, 16:29   #125
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

I'm just listening to the 'Light my fire' mod on Grapevine 1 Nice stuff
Oh and about IE : Use FireFox instead

Edit : The mod is a 'megamix'. Nice
Old 28 September 2008, 16:49   #126
DH
Global Moderator

OK will try firefox when I have managed to upload a page to download it

They appear to be all megamixes until Gvine 10. Spirit did the earlier ones, not sure who contributed after that. It tells you on the disks though, happy listening
Old 28 September 2008, 16:57   #127
exoticaga

CUCD13.bin & cue have two tracks (1-data - 2-cdda)
CUCD13.iso have one track (1-data)

I will use CUCD13.bin & cue for 7z compression. The cdda track sounds like amiga music, captured to wav format.

I assume it is correct to use the .bin and .cue file over the .iso in this instance, what do you think ?

If the above is correct and needed to be done, the following info then is needed.
To list here which CUCD cds are dual track cds (data and cdda audio). By using info from original cd or from CUCD magazine multi cd list index ,if CUCD ever made one. The same also for AFCD cds, and AACD cds though i doubt AACD cds would have had dual tracks ?

Please don't use the FTP images you have downloaded to get this information, verification from the original cds is only needed.

Also the rockridge format description is missing from many images, is this acceptable.
Old 28 September 2008, 17:10   #128
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticaga View Post
CUCD13.bin & cue have two tracks (1-data - 2-cdda)
CUCD13.iso have one track (1-data)

I will use CUCD13.bin & cue for 7z compression. The cdda track sounds like amiga music, captured to wav format.

I assume it is correct to use the .bin and .cue file over the .iso in this instance, what do you think ?
Is there a third file with the bin & cue image (the wav of the cdda)? It should also be in the cue file. If so this is correct image and like you said the iso is missing this track.
Old 28 September 2008, 17:17   #129
exoticaga

DemonH you have an ftp client ?
A freeware alternative is to use something like FileZilla which i know works.

The version i use is v2.2.32 which is much older than latest v3.xx versions, it should be much improved by now (options). It never had any malware in the past, i would assume it is still doesn't have.

I don't see a link to the v2.2.32 i'm using there. v2 to v3 there was a total rewrite of the core code, so will be different in some ways. I know there will be other ftp clients free, but so far FileZilla v2.2.32 has served me well.
Old 28 September 2008, 17:36   #130
exoticaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Is there a third file with the bin & cue image (the wav of the cdda)? It should also be in the cue file. If so this is correct image and like you said the iso is missing this track.
The way the cd is made up is standard format, mixed-mode cd.

Oh no how did I forgot about cd layouts, using dvd to long maybe. The .bin and cue is correct as long as the .cue file has the info. Take the cue file away and it knows nothing of the extra cdda track.

Restart pc been on for many days, The .iso is now seen correctly !!?! i don't know why it is or what has changed:
CD-DA / CD-ROM
in iso buster, the only software to reconise the .iso correctly.

Sorry for alarm and any worries here, all over in less than no time. CUCD images now beng .7z compressed as i type on other pc. It would be nice if 7z had a gui batch imaging capabilty, be able to load and come back later, no worries. I Thought that of winrar longtime ago also, maybe win pack coders don't like batch such interfaces.

Last edited by exoticaga; 28 September 2008 at 17:52.
Old 28 September 2008, 17:57   #131
DH
Global Moderator

@exoticaga:

No I haven't, yet

Judging by how fast this crazy machine is running at the moment (less than 300 bytes/second) it'll take me until I'm in my nineties before I can post anymore or upload/download anything. It took me 15mins or so just to reply to you.

Don't know whats going on yet, can only presume my provider is causing the problem even outside IE things are running massively sloooooow.
Old 28 September 2008, 18:07   #132
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

@exoticaga
7-Zip has a very nice command line interface (yes even on Windows ). With GUI batch you mean that you can queue jobs within a GUI right? That would be a very nice feature indeed.

@DemonHellraiser
Like exoticaga said you should really use a FTP client I'm also using FileZilla and it's really easy to use.
Sad to hear your internet connection is that slow. Go and kick your provider in the a$$ on monday buddy
Old 28 September 2008, 18:25   #133
exoticaga

Which windows software are the best for showing correct, details of amiga mixed-mode cds. The ones i have are next to useless, for seen them correctly.
Old 28 September 2008, 18:29   #134
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
I use total commander for all my pc use, with plugins for 7z batch arching is a breeze well almost i also use it to ftp files to server it sometimes hangs on 100% but it works

you can even get plugins for file types for the amiga so you can look in adfs,dms,hdf etc
in all if you liked dopus4 you will love totalcmd

Looks like I`m out of AFcds to up load so if some1 can fill in the gaps
time to look at the cucds now wheres that folder gone...

for those that don`t know upload speed is usual much slower on broadband than download, much much slower oh well happy huntin.

@EDIT

Welcome DemonHellraiser

Last edited by cosmicfrog; 28 September 2008 at 22:14.
Old 28 September 2008, 18:30   #135
DH
Global Moderator

@TheCyberDruid

Don't need to already done it 'n' everything is A-OK

@cosmicfrog
Thank you, glad I joined EAB

Last edited by DH; 29 September 2008 at 22:36.
Old 28 September 2008, 18:33   #136
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticaga View Post
Which windows software are the best for showing correct, details of amiga mixed-mode cds. The ones i have are next to useless, for seen them correctly.
You could use IsoBuster to look at the CD. It shows quite detailed information about the tracks and can handle mixed mode CDs.

@DemonHellraiser
Good to hear that So what was the problem?
Old 28 September 2008, 18:56   #137
DH
Global Moderator

@TCD

They say they were doing some network improvements they seem to say that everytime though

Log off 'n' log back on should sort it out as they have finished the so called improvements, Works fine now
Old 28 September 2008, 18:59   #138
exoticaga

Iso buster v2.4 is what i have been using. Take the CUCD13.iso and look at that in iso buster properties it shows cd-da / cd-rom. But the cd tracks layout and sessions show only one data track, it's not correct. Looking at CUCD9.bin or CUCD13.bin loaded from their que files it is correct you see all tracks and sessions.

So i take the CUCD13.iso and tell it to make a cue for it. Once for 2048 and another for 2352 mixed mode cd. It still cannot do the job, must be a bug with it or something. As a test it should least put in the cue sheet file what it knows from the properties. It can't see the cd image layout correctly.

I have total commander, i think it's a pile of..
Thank you for pointing it out the software. All your suggestions i will install and check them out.

Ultra iso, i will check next.

But none of this is usefull for the FTP, it is only for my interest in testing and seeing correctly any amiga cd. If find one that is intelligent enough to show as it should be. Should be a tool we all should have, for amiga on windows os.
Old 28 September 2008, 19:03   #139
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
@TCD

They say they were doing some network improvements they seem to say that everytime though

Log off 'n' log back on should sort it out as they have finished the so called improvements, Works fine now
Sounds like a lame excuse to me Well if it works now it's not that bad I guess. Maybe it's time to look for another provider?
Old 28 September 2008, 19:13   #140
DH
Global Moderator

Using FileZilla now. Thanks exoticaga & TheCyberDruid

Looks great easy to use, quite suprised at how long it took to work out how to use it, all of 10 seconds