English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 20 July 2016, 16:46   #581
roomeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkies View Post
It doesn't happen al the time on similar configs so I'm not sure that defines it as source known worth adding it to the wiki and scare off customers. It works on my config btw, so personally i have nothing to complain about.
Again dishonest would be known issue and refusing this as a reason for refund.
Then we disagree.. I think it would be only fair to say to new customers: "this product might have issues with certain cpu cards, a3640, CSMK2 and QuikPak060 to mention some." With this description i can agree that it dosent seem like a high end product..

To sell something knowingly with issues to a customer, hoping it will work this time is a big fat lie...
Old 20 July 2016, 16:49   #582
dirkies
Zone Friend

I have a CSMK2 working beautifully with XS100+RR so this just invalidates your statement. Otherwise i would have not bought it with such statement, despite there was no reason not to buy it.
I still think the issue may be Poseidon related.
Old 20 July 2016, 16:53   #583
roomeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkies View Post
I have a CSMK2 working beautifully with XS100+RR so this just invalidates your statement. Otherwise i would have not bought it with such statement, despite there was no reason not to buy it.
I still think the issue may be Poseidon related.

oh. im sorry. the CSMK3 then..

Proves my point even more. Have this information up on the wiki of the product to avoid confusion.
You say you wouldnt buy it with that information in hand... but cant understand other people in an other situation.. nice.

The problem is HW related. Icomp has stated so. A skilled coder like Chris would fix this in a blink if it was driver related.
Old 20 July 2016, 16:56   #584
Jupp3

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
I doubt it is illegal to refuse service to certain customers as long as it is not based on gender, race, sexuality etc..
...or religion.

Shouldn't that apply to Amiga users then?

Old 20 July 2016, 18:33   #585
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomeo View Post
The problem is HW related. Icomp has stated so.
Not correct. What I wrote is that those who are impatient and who do not want a refund may contact me to get a CPLD version that will *most*likely* fix it. It's boiled down to some software hitting the IRQ enable/disable register, and at this point, we have no way to tell what software that is. The intermediate (not official) CPLD solution accepts an "IRQ enable", but does not accept an "IRQ disable" after that (until the next reset).

Quote:
A skilled coder like Chris would fix this in a blink if it was driver related.
Chris can't reproduce the issue. So yes, it may still be possible to fix it in the driver (if that's the software actually hitting the register), and long-distance-shipping of low-cost items may be avoided.

Jens
Old 20 July 2016, 18:52   #586
roomeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
What I wrote is that those who are impatient and who do not want a refund may contact me to get a CPLD version that will *most*likely* fix it.
No. thats not what you wrote (on this forum at least). You said something like the CPLD code could fix this, but that was not an option at the moment because you wanted to find the real cause of the problems.

Where have you stated such a thing? Why hasnt my reseller contacted me with this solution? How is this procedure going to take place?
Old 20 July 2016, 19:27   #587
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Why hasnt my reseller contacted me with this solution? How is this procedure going to take place?
The procedure is always Reseller -> iComp in case a technical issue cannot be resolved. At this point, there is no open case forwarded from a reseller. Direct customers have been offered such a solution, yet nobody took the offer until today.

Jens
Old 20 July 2016, 19:46   #588
roomeo

I have contacted my reseller long time ago. So somewhere between you->reseller->me that new information has not been passed on.
Old 21 July 2016, 00:41   #589
klx300r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Not correct. What I wrote is that those who are impatient and who do not want a refund may contact me to get a CPLD version that will *most*likely* fix it. It's boiled down to some software hitting the IRQ enable/disable register, and at this point, we have no way to tell what software that is. The intermediate (not official) CPLD solution accepts an "IRQ enable", but does not accept an "IRQ disable" after that (until the next reset).

Chris can't reproduce the issue. So yes, it may still be possible to fix it in the driver (if that's the software actually hitting the register), and long-distance-shipping of low-cost items may be avoided.

Jens
ah ok now I had no idea that was an option though for me I really only have a base OS3.1 so no software to interfere with...
Old 21 August 2016, 18:39   #590
arti040
Piotr

Hi guys! I bought RR too. The same issue on stock A3000D + XS100 with clean 3.1 install. Just reporting

UPDATE: Setting Z2 mode on XS100 didn't helped.

Last edited by arti040; 21 August 2016 at 18:47.
Old 21 August 2016, 18:40   #591
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by arti040 View Post
Hi guys! I bought RR too. The same issue on stock A3000D + XS100 with clean 3.1 install. Just reporting
Now you can't seriously expect it to work on such a clean and standard configuration?
Old 23 August 2016, 09:41   #592
arti040
Piotr

Right
Old 02 October 2016, 21:38   #593
Schoenfeld
electricky.

V1.7 of the driver now uses Thor's mmu.library to mark the IRQ enable register with an "Alert" that can be caught with Enforcer or MuForce (Alert only, so computer continues to run). If the mmu.library is not installed, it will behave like the V1.5 driver.

One "problematic machine" has shown that the driver now works with the X-Surf-100 in Z3 mode. Please report if this driver version solves the problems you've been having. Anyone who can handle Enforcer or MuForce, feel free to give pointers at which software is hitting the IRQ enable register (area).

Download from the iComp Wiki: http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/RapidRoad#Software_download

I currently have no internet. Deutsche Telekom has cut the wrong line to my house, so I'll be without internet until tuesday (monday is a holiday in Germany). Please spread these news to other forums and in social networks, but please be patient for eMail answers; I'll have quite some backlog once internet is back to working...

Jens
(on a freakin' slow line, a few km away from home)
Old 02 October 2016, 23:58   #594
spudje

Great news Jens! I hope to read many successful responses, then I may consider buying an xsurf/rapid road combo.
Old 03 October 2016, 08:35   #595
roomeo

That is great news. Cannot test yet since my hw is away for cpld upgrade.
Old 03 October 2016, 08:51   #596
dirkies
Zone Friend

Is there a cpld update for the RR? If so, what does it fix/improve?
Old 03 October 2016, 09:30   #597
roomeo

The cpld update is supposed to fix the nak timeouts in z3 mode. I think you will find more technical details earlier in this thread.
Old 03 October 2016, 09:36   #598
dirkies
Zone Friend

But is it still necessary if it is fixed with the new driver?
Old 03 October 2016, 09:40   #599
roomeo

I guess not. It was a service "for the impatient" that couldn't wait for a sw fix.
Old 03 October 2016, 21:17   #600
Vlad

No luck, still getting nak timeouts. Anybody knows how to check "which software is hitting the IRQ enable register (area)"?

It is a plain A3000, with on board 68030, 16MB fast, KS 3.1, Picasso II (no drivers installed) and XS100+RR. Fresh install from scratch of WB3.1. Then installed Thors mmu library 43.14, Posejdon 4.5, MUI 3.8 and the new RR driver 1.7. There are no drivers for XS100 , picasso, any network stack or any other software/libs, just what's written above.