English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 26 September 2010, 19:27   #1
CoxyofNewp

Feel like I'm 13 again!

As I only recently came across the UAE
I've been playing all the games of my youth again!! And OH MY GOD.
If you want to feel young again, Forget all about these £thousands spending on luxury treatments, and going on a well expensive holiday!
All you need is a PC, UAE and a load of roms of your games you played as a youth! And within 20 mins you will be the age you dream of being again...

I can't thank the people who made UAE enough !!! And This Site!
It's Amazing to be able to play all these games again. I know the XBox 360 and Play Station 3 are really good. and the graphics are mind blowing.
BUT the games I played as a youth, were all about the way the game Played !!
Not the fact the graphics looks almost real.

1 other thing! I recently have started to play around making some old style games, And I'm getting all my inspiration from these classic games..
I think more people should make more games were the game is a game to be played and not just look at and go OOOOHHHH!!! THAT'S NICE LOOKING!

Anyway I just wanted you all to know, How much I LOVE this site and to thank you for all your hard work! PLEASE PLEASE Keep up the good work!!

Old 28 September 2010, 13:10   #2
Christian
Zone Friend

Yeah it's a great feeling huh?

Weirdly, I'm now getting nostalgic for that feeling from the early days of emulation, er.. 1997 or so for me I guess.

Early Mame, Fellow, Callus, awesome

(seeing Outrun arcade running at home for the first time was amazing, and when they added sound... wow!)
Old 28 September 2010, 14:25   #3
chrispy

I felt exactly the same after playing my old favourite Alien Breed on WinUAE so decided to break out my old Amiga's from storage. Within the space of a month i've already started modding one of 1200's, spent well over £300 on it, just started spraying it black, bought a Commodore CDTV yesterday from a guy on Ebay (so I can bastardize the keyboard for the black keys) and bought some nice new LED's from Hong King to add to it. It's an addictive hobby that's for sure. It's cool to play them on an emulator but nothing beats the real thing my friend. Get yourself on Ebay and pick up a 1200 for peanuts and then feel the love

Last edited by chrispy; 28 September 2010 at 14:37.
Old 01 October 2010, 11:15   #4
mikele

oh my, feel like being 13 again? To me it would involve moving back to my Dad's home, being dependant on public transportation only, sporting zits and making out with inflatable dolls Fortunately retro gaming brings backs those brighter memories from the 90s!
Old 01 October 2010, 19:06   #5
ElectroBlaster

Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
The problem with blow up dollys will always be they pop but as Rimmer from red dwarf will always say "Get out the puncture repair kit!"

One of the very first things I did when migrating properly to an intel was finding a way to archive all my amiga stuff and looking for possible ways to run the games. If it wasnt for people like Toni and the guy before him would there even be an emulation scene for the amiga? I remember back in 1997 when my mum got a pc for some college course I tried running a very early version of winuae and even then I was blown away