English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 19 March 2013, 15:14   #301
nexusle
Banned

*** Deleted ***

Last edited by nexusle; 23 March 2013 at 13:30.
Old 19 March 2013, 21:43   #302
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Yes, nexusle is correct - I don't work with the OS X libraries directly, only indirectly via wxWidgets. So it might not be easily fixed. I can confirm that it doesn't work to drag the window via the toolbar part of the unified title + toolbar area.
Old 20 March 2013, 16:00   #303
yesplease

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
Yes, nexusle is correct - I don't work with the OS X libraries directly, only indirectly via wxWidgets. So it might not be easily fixed. I can confirm that it doesn't work to drag the window via the toolbar part of the unified title + toolbar area.

I love this OSX like style of the Launcher, but in this case it maybe might be better to activate the old non OSX conform look of this wxWidgets thing. Did I remember it correctly that the titlebar in the beginning had a more linux look with a non "unified" title? With that look you can exactly predict where you have to click when you like to drag the window around, maybe thats still better than the more beautiful but a bit irritating OSX look&feel implementation of wxWidget.

But as I said previously this is only a small issue for me. ;-) You can even leave this like it is now.
Old 25 March 2013, 16:49   #304
Goingdown

Sometimes, I would like to add some custom settings to some games (for example, I am using laptop, and I like to remap keys qweasd to keypad numbers 789456 accordingly, to act as arrow keys in Eye of Beholder games). Now, if I modify settings and save them, it will create custom local configuration, thus I now I have configuration twice. I would like to have only the database version plus some way to add my local modifications.

Is this possible somehow?

EDIT. BTW this is my local configuration additions for Eye of Beholder games:
keyboard_key_q = action_key_np_7
keyboard_key_w = action_key_np_8
keyboard_key_e = action_key_np_9
keyboard_key_a = action_key_np_4
keyboard_key_s = action_key_np_5
keyboard_key_d = action_key_np_6
Old 25 March 2013, 17:09   #305
TCD

Great minds think alike: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=68053
Old 05 May 2013, 21:15   #306
wanderer
I want an A1000

Is there a way to manually set the UI language? It seems to depend solely on Windows' regional settings.
Old 05 May 2013, 21:21   #307
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer View Post
Is there a way to manually set the UI language? It seems to depend solely on Windows' regional settings.
Yes, I did manage to sneak in this feature in 2.2.1+, currently without UI selector

Go to Custom Configuration (menu), Custom Settings, and type on a separate line:
Code:
language = en
(or de, fr, nb, pl, etc - any one of the two-letter iso language codes for the supported languages). Then close the dialog and restart FS-UAE Launcher. The setting will apply to FS-UAE as well when launched from FS-UAE Launcher.
Old 09 May 2013, 11:31   #308
Intuition

Hello,

Multiarch support for the 64-bit Ubuntu repo doesn't work correctly for FS-UAE-Launcher

If I do the following (So I can use the JIT engine on the 32-bit build) FS-UAE installs and runs correctly

Code:
sudo apt-get install fs-uae:i386
However if I try to install FS-UAE-Launcher it wants to uninstall the 32-bit FS-UAE and replace it with the 64-bit build.

Code:
sudo apt-get install fs-uae-launcher

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
  fs-uae libsmpeg0 python-pygame
Suggested packages:
  timidity
The following packages will be REMOVED
  fs-uae:i386
The following NEW packages will be installed
  fs-uae fs-uae-launcher libsmpeg0 python-pygame
0 upgraded, 4 newly installed, 1 to remove and 6 not upgraded.
Need to get 5,974 kB of archives.
After this operation, 7,596 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
There is no 32-bit build of FS-UAE-Launcher in the repo so doing the following gives an error:

Code:
sudo apt-get install fs-uae-launcher:i386

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package fs-uae-launcher
Please could you fix this by removing the dependency on FS-UAE from the FS-UAE-Launcher package in the 64-bit repo or add a 32-bit package so that it's possible to install fs-uae-launcher:i386?

This problem occurs in both the 12.10 and the 13.04 repos.

Thanks for your time.
Old 12 May 2013, 23:14   #309
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi, I'm aware of the issue with installing Launcher and 32-bit FS-UAE launcher at the same time in recent Debian-derived distributions (64-bit). Removing the dependency is certainly one way to go, but I would like fs-uae-launcher to pull in fs-uae when installing. Another way would probably be to have separate 32-bit and 64-bit packages for FS-UAE Launcher, even though it is really only no-arch. Then you could install fs-uae-launcher:i386..

But I suspect this can be fixed with the new "Multi-Arch" keyword in the debian control files, but it isn't 100% clear to me from the documentation how the package relationship / multi-arch should be configured in this case. To be continued...
Old 12 May 2013, 23:25   #310
Intuition

Re: FS-UAE Launcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
Hi, I'm aware of the issue with installing Launcher and 32-bit FS-UAE launcher at the same time in recent Debian-derived distributions (64-bit). Removing the dependency is certainly one way to go, but I would like fs-uae-launcher to pull in fs-uae when installing. Another way would probably be to have separate 32-bit and 64-bit packages for FS-UAE Launcher, even though it is really only no-arch. Then you could install fs-uae-launcher:i386..

But I suspect this can be fixed with the new "Multi-Arch" keyword in the debian control files, but it isn't 100% clear to me from the documentation how the package relationship / multi-arch should be configured in this case. To be continued...
Hi Frode,

Thanks for looking into it, for the time being I just manually downloaded the launcher tar ball and it works a treat.

I just have a problem with the mouse cursor only moving down and to the right now but I'll post the details in another thread so as not to take this one off-topic.
Old 25 June 2013, 05:53   #311
Harry
HD Installer

Hello,

I tried to compile and install FS-UAE on SuSE 12.2.

Compiling fs-uae worked and the program could be run, but for configuration setup i need also the launcher.

I tried to build it with python setup.py install , and that failed because the file linux/videodev.h is not part of linux-glibc-devel anymore (it was until SuSE 11.4).

The last several lines of output were:

Code:
Installing fs-uae-launcher script to /usr/local/bin

Installed /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fs_uae_launcher-2.3.0b1-py2.7.egg
Processing dependencies for fs-uae-launcher==2.3.0b1
Searching for pygame
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/pygame/
Reading http://www.pygame.org/
Reading http://www.pygame.org/download.shtml
Best match: pygame 1.9.1release
Downloading http://www.pygame.org/ftp/pygame-1.9.1release.zip
Processing pygame-1.9.1release.zip
Writing /tmp/easy_install-LFXQiT/pygame-1.9.1release/setup.cfg
Running pygame-1.9.1release/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir /tmp/easy_install-LFXQiT/pygame-1.9.1release/egg-dist-tmp-dgdChl

WARNING, No "Setup" File Exists, Running "config.py"
Using UNIX configuration...

Hunting dependencies...
sh: smpeg-config: command not found
WARNING: "smpeg-config" failed!
SDL     : found 1.2.15
FONT    : found
IMAGE   : found
MIXER   : found
SMPEG   : not found
PNG     : found
JPEG    : found
SCRAP   : found
PORTMIDI: not found
PORTTIME: not found

Warning, some of the pygame dependencies were not found. Pygame can still
compile and install, but games that depend on those missing dependencies
will not run. Would you like to continue the configuration? [Y/n]:Y

If you get compiler errors during install, doublecheck
the compiler flags in the "Setup" file.

Continuing With "setup.py"
warning: no files found matching 'readme.txt'
no previously-included directories found matching '*/CVS'
no previously-included directories found matching '*/*/CVS'
In file included from /usr/include/python2.7/Python.h:8:0,
                 from src/pygame.h:75,
                 from src/imageext.c:47:
/usr/include/python2.7/pyconfig.h:1164:0: warning: "_POSIX_C_SOURCE" redefined [enabled by default]
In file included from /usr/include/sys/types.h:26:0,
                 from /usr/include/zconf.h:424,
                 from /usr/include/zlib.h:34,
                 from /usr/include/png.h:534,
                 from src/imageext.c:33:
/usr/include/features.h:215:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
src/imageext.c: In function ‘write_jpeg’:
src/imageext.c:315:9: warning: variable ‘lines_written’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
src/imageext.c:313:9: warning: variable ‘row_stride’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
src/imageext.c: In function ‘SaveJPEG’:
src/imageext.c:391:9: warning: variable ‘alpha’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
src/imageext.c: In function ‘initimageext’:
src/imageext.c:659:15: warning: variable ‘module’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
src/mixer.c: In function ‘chan_set_volume’:
src/mixer.c:660:9: warning: variable ‘result’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
In file included from /usr/include/python2.7/Python.h:8:0,
                 from src/scrap.h:22,
                 from src/scrap.c:30:
/usr/include/python2.7/pyconfig.h:1164:0: warning: "_POSIX_C_SOURCE" redefined [enabled by default]
In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:28:0,
                 from src/scrap.c:24:
/usr/include/features.h:215:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from src/scrap.c:59:0:
src/scrap_x11.c: In function ‘_get_data_as’:
src/scrap_x11.c:567:17: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
src/scrap_x11.c: In function ‘pygame_scrap_get_types’:
src/scrap_x11.c:825:9: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘PyDict_Next’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
In file included from /usr/include/python2.7/Python.h:101:0,
                 from src/scrap.h:22,
                 from src/scrap.c:30:
/usr/include/python2.7/dictobject.h:114:17: note: expected ‘Py_ssize_t *’ but argument is of type ‘int *’
src/scrap.c: In function ‘initscrap’:
src/scrap.c:329:15: warning: variable ‘mod’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
In file included from src/_camera.c:36:0:
src/camera.h:42:32: fatal error: linux/videodev.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
error: Setup script exited with error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
Old 25 June 2013, 06:48   #312
Harry
HD Installer

I found a way to circumvent the problem with the videodev.h file:
I installed libv4l-devel and did ln -s /usr/include/libv4l1-videodev.h /usr/include/linux/videodev.h and with this replacement the compilation continues. (Of course, this is only a hack and no solution).
But then the script tries to install wxPython and fails with that.

I installed it manually, but that didnt help, it tried again to download and process it automatically.

Code:
Processing dependencies for fs-uae-launcher==2.3.0b1
Searching for wxPython
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/wxPython/
Reading http://wxPython.org/
Reading http://wxPython.org/download.php
Best match: wxPython src-2.9.4.0
Downloading http://downloads.sourceforge.net/wxpython/wxPython-src-2.9.4.0.tar.bz2
Processing wxPython-src-2.9.4.0.tar.bz2
error: Couldn't find a setup script in /tmp/easy_install-935tyV/wxPython-src-2.9.4.0.tar.bz2
Old 25 June 2013, 21:17   #313
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry View Post
Hello, [....] I tried to build it with python setup.py install , and that failed because the file linux/videodev.h is not part of linux-glibc-devel anymore (it was until SuSE 11.4).
Well, providing support for compiling dependencies for FS-UAE Launcher is a bit outside of what I can do

The problem isn't with FS-UAE Launcher as can be seen from the output, but rather compilation of pygame. I suggest you install the official pygame package from your Linux distribution instead, before trying to build Fs-UAE Launcher.

Quote:
But then the script tries to install wxPython and fails with that.
Same as above, install your distribution's package of wxPython instead of relying on Python setuptools to compile it
Old 25 June 2013, 23:32   #314
Harry
HD Installer

Hm, the problem is to find out how these tricky little packages are named whose files are needed...
For me, it seems to be python-wxWidgets(-devel) and python-pygame.

Another thing: Can you please implement a setting, which allows to use the true 1:1 original resolution in windowed mode (or a sensible multiple thereof, so 320x256 would be doubled). The current interpolated method of display looks in parts blurry or chopped, depending on Texture filter settings. It might also be a solution to offer to open the UAE window in a size which implements just that, as i will then never resize it.
Old 25 June 2013, 23:45   #315
TCD

For the second part: Add those lines (or more suitable ones for your display) to your custom settings (or your default config):
Code:
window_height = 1024
window_width = 1280
Old 25 June 2013, 23:56   #316
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Hm, the problem is to find out how these tricky little packages are named whose files are needed...
For me, it seems to be python-wxWidgets(-devel) and python-pygame.
This is your priviledge and joy when installing from source

Quote:
Another thing: Can you please implement a setting, which allows to use the true 1:1 original resolution in windowed mode (or a sensible multiple thereof, so 320x256 would be doubled). The current interpolated method of display looks in parts blurry or chopped, depending on Texture filter settings. It might also be a solution to offer to open the UAE window in a size which implements just that, as i will then never resize it.
There are several settings you can use already to achieve integer pixel scaling without interpolation. Like TCD says, you must first of all use config options window_width and window_height to specify the window size. Then you must do something else to ensure that the Amiga display within is an integer fraction of your window width and height. There are several options available for this, including zoom and viewport, and you will of course want to disable linear interpolation texture filter.

Other alternatives include using scale_x and scale_y instead - these can be set to for example to 1.0 or 2.0, etc, and will ensure that the amiga display is scaled up accordingly with the specified factor (without taking the window size into account!!). You'll probably want to rather use the options in the previous paragraph.

See http://fs-uae.net/options for more information about these (and other) configuration options.
Old 26 June 2013, 03:05   #317
Harry
HD Installer

Thank you for your help, I got it.

For the records: I used for the A1200 emulation the following options in the GUI

Full screen anti-aliasing: off
Texture filter: GL_NEAREST
Zoom Amiga display (crop): Full frame
Keep aspect ratio when scaling: On

and in a config file,

window_height = 572
window_width = 752

and that seems to do it.
Old 26 June 2013, 22:21   #318
profo

Hi guys.

At first, i like to thank Frode for FS-UAE, it works great, even at my old pc.

Now, i have a problem in the latest Version, 2.2.3.0 (i dont know if this happens in older Versions).
Today i thought, feed them launcher some whdload installs... I added the approriate Directory and ran the scan. Then the launcher crashes and Windows gives the following Information:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: FS-UAE Launcher.exe
Application Version: 2.2.3.0
Application Timestamp: 49180193
Fault Module Name: lzhlib.pyd
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 5116627d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00002395
OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1031
Additional Information 1: 55bd
Additional Information 2: 55bdb125e5f5eebba32ff4470f6d6db1
Additional Information 3: 8a84
Additional Information 4: 8a84dc171444a56e8503b3470906aff1

please let me know if you need other informations.

regards
profo
Old 26 June 2013, 23:20   #319
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by profo View Post
Then the launcher crashes and Windows gives the following Information
Hi, and thanks for the useful bug report. The crash is not in FS-UAE Launcher itself, but in the C extension for the lhafile python library (the extension does the decompression work).

If the problem is reproducible, most like a specific .lha archive (possibly a corrupt/invalid one) triggers a bug in the C code, causing the launcher to crash with it. It would be very useful to find out which one of the archives causes the crash. Perhaps you can see from Launcher.log.txt what archive FS-UAE Launcher tries to read, or even use the elimination method to find out what .lha file causes the crash. If I could have that file, I could then debug further, fix lhafile and all will be well again
Old 26 June 2013, 23:59   #320
profo

Hi,
i used the elimination method and found the file that gives the trouble.
I´ve checked the "Launcher.log.txt", and, to my spurprise, it reffered to another .lha. I needed some attempts to get the log showing the right file... (i verified that the error comes whenever THIS specific file was added to the dir) ...strange.
I will send you the .lha (that is nothing Special) and the Launcher.log.txt from the last scan (renamed the old file before i did the scan, so this should be as clean as possible) by mail.