English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 24 August 2019, 09:50   #21
honx

no, in gog version there is only one .wad file, doom.wad file. initially both adoom an doomattack displayed only 3 episodes, after renaming doom.wad to doomu.wad, both displayed 4 episodes, as i said above. i'll try that other archive on occasion, thx.
Old 24 August 2019, 10:03   #22
AMIGASYSTEM

No as mentioned are two different files with different sizes, if I remember correctly DOOM.WAD was Shareware version and DOOMU.WAD commercial version.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 07 September 2019 at 22:41.
Old 24 August 2019, 10:11   #23
honx

i have gog version, which is no shareware and in gog version there is only one .wad file, called doom.wad, as i said: using the filename doom.wad, only 3 episodes are displayed, after renaming it to doomu.wad 4 episodes are displayed. if you don't believe me, got to gog.com, buy ultimate doom, install or extract the installer and have a look, which .wad file you find. i can already tell you now: you'll only find doom.wad, which you'll have to rename to doomu.wad in order to see the fourth episode!

and i just tested DoomAttack-AIO.lha, this one works sort of. i can start it using the corresponding icon for doom ultimate, it does not quit with any error at least. but there are no demos played. in adoom demos are played.
Old 24 August 2019, 10:34   #24
AMIGASYSTEM

No with DOOM Ultimate you don't need to rename DOOMU, look at the different logos.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 07 September 2019 at 22:41.
Old 24 August 2019, 10:48   #25
honx

if i only have ONE file, called doom.wad, i can use Doom icon, which only displays 3 episodes. if i want to use doom ultimate, i need to have a doomu.wad file which means i need do rename doom.wad to doomu.wad or copy doom.wad and rename it's copy to doomu.wad which i did. then all four episodes are displayed.
as i said already: IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME, buy that gog version of ultimate doom and look for DOOMU.WAD, you won't find that file!
and a few minutes ago i found this in readme of your archive DoomAttack-AIO.lha:
Quote:
As an example of what can happen when using the wrong file name, I can take The Ultimate Doom. If it's called DOOM.WAD, the extra fourth episode (Thy Flesh Consumed) will not appear on the game menu, and selecting episode 2 or 3 will cause the game to exit with an error message.
THIS is written within DoomAttack-AIO.readme, it's EXACTLY what i'm talking about all the time...

btw. what are Doom-PW and Doom2-PW for? and how do i enable demos to be played in game menu?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	doom.PNG
Views:	28
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	64210  

Last edited by honx; 24 August 2019 at 11:08.
Old 24 August 2019, 10:54   #26
AMIGASYSTEM

honx I believe you, I do not need to rename DOMU I took the two WAD many years ago from my original DOOM versions for PC.
To you in the first screen there is the writing "THE ULTIMATE".
Old 24 August 2019, 11:01   #27
honx

where do i get an original (old) 3 episode doom.wad for using first Doom icon as well, just for the sake of completeness? because doom.wad from ultimate doom does not work with first icon, it only works with DoomU. i just tested it, getting error if i select episode 2 or 3 as stated in readme.

how do i get these ingame demos working which should be displayed during menu screen?
and about doom-pw and doom2-pw, is this the place where "plutonia revisited" and "plutonia mega wad" have to go?

Last edited by honx; 24 August 2019 at 11:13.
Old 24 August 2019, 11:20   #28
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
where do i get an original 3 episode doom.wad for using Doom icon as well
As mentioned if I remember correctly is the first version distributed Shareware
Quote:
, just for the sake of completeness? because my ultimate doom.wad does not work with that first icon, it only works with DoomU, i have just tested, i get said error if i select episode 2 or 3.
The icons launch scripts, delete everything and write:
Run >NIL: DoomAttack (icon and modified script must be in the WAD folder)
Quote:
is this the place where "plutonia revisited" and "plutonia mega wad" have to go?
For Plutonia and Evilution in the folder you have to have only one WAD, named TNT.WAD for Evilution, PLUTONIA.WAD for Plutonia. There must be no other WAD.

Small video showing that I do not need to rename DOOMU (I have not tested if there is also 4th level)
http://eab.abime.net/zone/DOOM.AVI
Old 24 August 2019, 11:44   #29
honx

my doom.wad from gog does not work doom1, it only works with doomu. this is why i need the original shareware .wad from somewhere.
tnt.wad and plutonia.wad are official wads which i already have installed where they belong. tnt and plutonia games are already working.

"plutonia revisited" and "plutonia mega wad" are made by users, adding further 32 levels each (64 levels total), i also want to play these.
see here:
https://doom.fandom.com/wiki/Plutoni...munity_Project
and here:
https://doom.fandom.com/wiki/Plutonia_2
Old 24 August 2019, 14:21   #30
Seiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
No with DOOM Ultimate you don't need to rename DOOMU, look at the different logos.
Doom.wad is full registred game with all 3 episodes. The 4th episode was an expansion that registered users could donwload freely through a patch from Id Software to upgrade Doom to Ultimate Doom.
I think that after upgrades, you have to rename in doomu.wad to unblock the 4th episode.

Doomu.wad is Ultimate Doom with modified some EP1 maps for multiplayer and some new improvement from Doom2

more info here:
https://3dfxdev.net/edgewiki/index.p...ompatible_IWAD

Last edited by Seiya; 24 August 2019 at 23:50.
Old 24 August 2019, 19:59   #31
honx

for music i'm still undecided whether to use damusic_doomsndlibrary.plugin or damusic_midi.plugin, which one do you guys prefer?
and what is this damusic_p61a about? this music does absolutely not sound like doom...

is there no solution for missing demos in menu screen and installation of userlevels "plutonia revisited" and "plutonia mega wad"?
Old 24 August 2019, 20:01   #32
Seiya

i don't remember, but i think that i used doomsndlibrary.plugin. As soon as i check again. i left on WinUAE the original setup when i used on real Amiga.

ps:
ok, i checked now and i used doomsndlibrary.plugin
Old 24 August 2019, 21:45   #33
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiya View Post
Doom.wad is full registred game with all 3 episodes. The 4th episode was an expansion that registered users could donwload freely through a patch from Id Software to upgrade Doom to Ultimate Doom.
I think that after upgrades, you have to rename in doomu.wad to unblock the 4th episode.

Doomu.wad is Ultimate Doom with modified some EP1 maps for mulpilayer and some new improvement from Doom2
No Seiya these are two different things you've looked at my screnshots, given the size of the file, The Ultimate is three times larger than the Shareware version. Then, as already said, the real Utilmate version doesn't need to be renamed, the one that is renamed is the Shareware version, look at the two screens, one shows texts about the Shareware, the other one is the commercial version. Also the contents have been improved in the commercial version, read article Wikipedia attached below. Some old levels have been slightly modified (such as E1M1 and E1M8) to improve the multiplayer game, and have been imported a new type of sector and some new effects (such as switches operated with certain keys) from Doom 2.

--- Italiano ----

No Seiya si tratta di due cose differenti hai guardato i miei screnshot, visto la grandezza dei file, The Ultimate è tre volte più grande della versione Shareware. Poi come già detto la vera versione Utilmate non ha bisogno di essere rinominata, quella che si rinomina è la versione Shareware, guarda anche bene le due schermate, una riporta testi riguardante lo Shareware, l'altra invece è la versione commerciale. Anche i contenuti sono stati migliorati nella versione commerciale, leggi articolo Wikipedia allegato sotto, alcuni vecchi livelli sono stati leggermente modificati (come E1M1 e E1M8) per migliorare il gioco multiplayer, e sono stati importati un nuovo tipo di settore e alcuni nuovi effetti (come interruttori azionabili con determinate chiavi) da Doom 2.

Doom Versione Shareware 1993
https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doom

The Ultimate Doom è la versione commerciale di Doom, uscita nel 1995
https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ultimate_Doom

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 24 August 2019 at 22:05.
Old 25 August 2019, 11:30   #34
jeff b00toNic

Game demos can be enabled in "DoomAttackPrefs"!
Navigate to "Program" klick on Start options and add -forcedemo
Does not work with shareware Doom.
Old 25 August 2019, 12:25   #35
AMIGASYSTEM

You can also add -FORCEDEMO in the Icon ToolTypes, however Games Demos also works with the Shareware version.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 25 August 2019 at 12:39.
Old 25 August 2019, 12:58   #36
jeff b00toNic

Quote:
Games Demos also works with the Shareware version
Maybe it does but not in my case.
I'm talking about DoomAttack-AIO package.
Using the shareware version of Doom with -forcedemo doesn't work.

Also the readme clearly says that the shareware version should be renamed to
DOOM.WAD and Ultimate Doom to DOOMU.WAD in order to play all episodes of Ultimate Doom.

Quote:
You can also add -FORCEDEMO in the Icon ToolTypes
Doesn't make sense because you would have to add that to every single icon tooltype.
Old 25 August 2019, 13:45   #37
honx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff b00toNic View Post
Game demos can be enabled in "DoomAttackPrefs"!
Navigate to "Program" klick on Start options and add -forcedemo
Does not work with shareware Doom.
thx, it worked! actually i had to press return after entering -FORCEDEMO prior to clicking on save button.
it didt'nt apply in my first attempt, when i just entered -FORCEDEMO to start options and clicked to save.

Quote:
You can also add -FORCEDEMO in the Icon ToolTypes, however Games Demos also works with the Shareware version.
unfortunately this didn't work, adding -FORCEDEMO to tooltypes did not have any effect.
but no problem, setting start options in doomattackprefs worked and applied on all doom games.

so only one question remains: how do i add user generated wads (plutonia revisited, mega wad)?
Old 25 August 2019, 21:27   #38
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff b00toNic View Post
Maybe it does but not in my case.
I'm talking about DoomAttack-AIO package.
DoomAttack-AIO package has nothing different or special, the versions included in DoomAttack-AIO are from 1998 and that I used in those years.
Quote:
Using the shareware version of Doom with -forcedemo doesn't work.
I don't know what version you have, I have the Shareware Full version that allows -forcedemo see video attachment
Quote:
Also the readme clearly says that the shareware version should be renamed to
DOOM.WAD and Ultimate Doom to DOOMU.WAD in order to play all episodes of Ultimate Doom.
I don't know what version you have, the Shareware Full membership I have must be named "DOOM1.WAD", if you rename DOOM.WAD it won't work with both DoomAttack and ADOOM, no Texture will be found, see video attachment
Quote:
Doesn't make sense because you would have to add that to every single icon tooltype.
Using the icons you can have different configurations, then I like to run games through scripts to delete message windows etc..

Test Video Doom Shareware: http://eab.abime.net/zone/Test%20Doom%20Shareware.avi
Old 25 August 2019, 21:47   #39
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
unfortunately this didn't work, adding -FORCEDEMO to tooltypes did not have any effect.
Check well what you wrote because it works for me, see the attached video

Quote:
so only one question remains: how do i add user generated wads (plutonia revisited, mega wad)?
As already said to play Plutonia, you only need the file Plutonia.WAD, to play Evilution you only need the file TNT.WAD, also not necessary DOOM2.WAD, if you add in the folder DOOM2.WAD Plutonia and Evilution will not work

TNT-Pultonia Start: http://eab.abime.net/zone/Test%20DOO...onia%20TNT.avi
Old 25 August 2019, 22:14   #40
honx

Quote:
Check well what you wrote because it works for me, see the attached video
-FORCEDEMO was exactly what i wrote. anyway, it worked the other way, using doomattackprefs.

Quote:
As already said to play Plutonia, you only need the file Plutonia.WAD, to play Evilution you only need the file TNT.WAD, also not necessary DOOM2.WAD, if you add in the folder DOOM2.WAD Plutonia and Evilution will not work
let me repeat that: plutonia and evilution are working, these official wads are not the problem.
plutonia revisited and plutonia mega wad which i asked about, these are MADE BY USERS,
both adding further 32 levels each (which makes 64 levels total) and i also want to play these.
see here:
https://doom.fandom.com/wiki/Plutoni...munity_Project
and here:
https://doom.fandom.com/wiki/Plutonia_2
as i said, it's NOT about tnt and plutonia, it's about plutonia revisited and plutonia mega wad.
so official wads (tnt, plutonia) and usermade wads (revisited, mega wad) are two different things.

summary i can already play all official games (ultimate doom, doom2, tnt/evilution and plutonia).
additional i want to play plutonia revisited and plutonia mega wad.

Last edited by honx; 25 August 2019 at 22:31.