English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 21 June 2015, 00:47   #1
dreamkatcha
I've got a new byline

Matthew Smith interviews/biopics

Has anyone managed to find any podcasts or videos featuring Matthew that are actually audible? The quality of the stuff on YouTube is so pitifull I don't know why the producers bothered. Did they find their recording equipment in a Christmas cracker?

I know he's an elusive, impenetrable character at the best of times, but there must be some decent coverage out there aside from his interview for Bedrooms to Billions.
Old 21 June 2015, 17:47   #2
kamelito
Zone Friend

It's very hard to understand what he says mainly b/c he doesn't articulate that much and quite sadly he is in a bad shape. Celebrity didn't help him
That one is not bad : [ Show youtube player ]
Kamelito
Old 21 June 2015, 21:10   #3
dreamkatcha
I've got a new byline

Thanks for the link, I'll check that out.

Yes, he's not an easy interview subject to put it lightly. Before listening to him speak I read an interview transcript and couldn't understand why the interviewer was doing all the talking and butting in all the time. It really wound me up because I wanted to hear from Matthew, not some guy with a list of questions who I'd never heard of before. It turned out that he was doing his best to cajole him into sharing his experiences, and fill the awkward silences.

Matthew really struggled to get his thoughts in order, to follow the thread of the conversation and verbalise his opinions.

His interview for B2B is coherent enough to understand, but he's looking so disheveled it's uncomfortable and depressing to watch.
Old 22 June 2015, 18:22   #4
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
Him having about three teeth in his head doesn`t help with his delivery...
Old 22 June 2015, 23:37   #5
kamelito
Zone Friend

More than 2 years after the announcement between Matthew and Elite and still no result...
He should do it in a Spectrum and let someone else do the port to others devices.
Kamelito