English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 28 April 2006, 21:59   #1
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Title?! If only I knew!!

I had this game a LONG time ago for the Amiga 500 and I cannot determine wether is was released commercially as the disk I had was, ahem, a pirate copy (shame on me - see this thread for my full explanation/excuse! - http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=22894 ), and I think it was possibly a pre-release version as the game would only let me get sofar and "freeze"....

From what I can recall, the game genre is platform/shoot-em-up, and you are either an agent or saboteur (can't remember which). The mission is based on an oil rig, and you have to make your way to the helipad to complete the level by means of the usual disposing the enemy. I think you also had very limited weapons and bullets. Come to think of it, was stealth involved?? I dunno. Character animations were pretty good for this type of game.

It's definately not Batman (miles off) or Rolling Thunder.

Apologies for lame information..... I just can't believe I can not recollect the game title! Can somebody shed some light and put me outta my misery before my wife calls the men in white jackets to take me away....
Old 28 April 2006, 22:06   #2
Magno Boots
Zone Friend

Souns like Persian Gulf Inferno to me.
Cheers
Old 28 April 2006, 22:34   #3
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

That was an ultra quick response.... yep, that's the one!!!

Playing it right now... Music certainly sets the scene. The graphics are, erm, a little sparse. Straight-forward game controls though.... at least now I can complete the game!

Thanks for saving me from the men in white, Magno Boots!
Old 30 April 2006, 08:17   #4
Raid27
I have a joystick

Quote:
Originally Posted by quahappy
That was an ultra quick response....
7 minutes..must be a record