English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 17 August 2015, 00:38   #21
Retro1234
Phone Homer

I used "Super Cars II (1991)(Gremlin)[cr Flashtro](Disk 1 of 2).adf" from the link above
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...43#post1036043
If its possible swap to the Flashtro adf when you get to the Green and Red screen.
Old 17 August 2015, 19:53   #22
crazyc

Oh this is getting terribly annoying. I still cannot make it work. I have opened her up and checked that I have the 8372A agnus. All chips seem firmly seated. I have tried to spot any heat difference between the memory chips and cannot, although that may need a longer test.
Old 17 August 2015, 20:42   #23
Superman

Have you tried using a different USB stick? I know some can be problematic. Make sure its fat32 formatted too.
Old 17 August 2015, 22:24   #24
crazyc

I have tried about 5 only 2 of which have worked. On both of them I can load the selector adf and also wb 1.3 as well as other adfs.
Old 20 August 2015, 16:00   #25
crazyc

Still no luck

I have refitted the floppy drive, and it runs supercars 2 no problem.
So I am at a loss.
If I had memory or Agnus issues, would it not give me a problem running the game normally?
For some reason, the combination of Gotek and my miggy stops a game working on the miggy alone.
As this game was one of the main reasons for getting the gotek, I might have to remove it unless I can resolve this.

Old 20 August 2015, 19:32   #26
crazyc

Supercars 2 on gotek

In case it's linked to my issue, does the following screen corruption provide any clues?
Old 20 August 2015, 19:35   #27
crazyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyc View Post
in case it's linked to my issue, does the following screen corruption provide any clues?
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1440092118431.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	335.2 KB
ID:	45128
Old 23 August 2015, 12:43   #28
Jeff_HxC2001

If you have the necessary stuff to flash your gotek :
http://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_d....html#stm32hxc
Old 23 August 2015, 17:37   #29
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_HxC2001 View Post
If you have the necessary stuff to flash your gotek :
http://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_d....html#stm32hxc
I've already mentioned it Jeff, the OP is sticking to the Cortex firmware.
Old 24 August 2015, 13:12   #30
crazyc

Cheers All,

Due to an upcoming birthday for which I intend to use the A500 in the man cave for playing Supercars 2 and a couple of other games quite a bit, I have simply removed the Gotek for the moment. I have limited time to tinker right now, which is compounded by the fact that seemingly at least one of the adfs that I was trying to write to floppy disk for this purpose (I think its Dynablaster) has merrily caused my main A1200 to bootloop and trashed my CF hard drive. This is the second time I have had a CF hard drive corrupt after writing adfs to floppy - hence my suspicion.
Whilst I have restored my Hard drive from a backup image, I am trying to create a simple small working workbench disk that I can restore more quickly and use as a sandboxed environment. However this is proving more challenging than I had hoped, and I am not sure why.
I will return to the gotek I think at some point in the future.....
Old 24 August 2015, 14:32   #31
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Cheers All,

Due to an upcoming birthday for which I intend to use the A500 in the man cave for playing Supercars 2 and a couple of other games quite a bit, I have simply removed the Gotek for the moment. I have limited time to tinker right now, which is compounded by the fact that seemingly at least one of the adfs that I was trying to write to floppy disk for this purpose (I think its Dynablaster) has merrily caused my main A1200 to bootloop and trashed my CF hard drive. This is the second time I have had a CF hard drive corrupt after writing adfs to floppy - hence my suspicion.
Whilst I have restored my Hard drive from a backup image, I am trying to create a simple small working workbench disk that I can restore more quickly and use as a sandboxed environment. However this is proving more challenging than I had hoped, and I am not sure why.
I will return to the gotek I think at some point in the future.....
I would suggest in future, if you copy the ADF to RAM: first, then CD to ram: and then write the ADF to floppy from RAM: would be enough to stop a repeat of that.
Old 24 August 2015, 14:46   #32
crazyc

Thanks.

Just for my own learning (am still a bit of a noob) - why might that help? I was using ADF Blitzer just to write the adf to a floppy, and I have a relatively high end system that should not be short of oomph for something like that?

Cheers.
Old 24 August 2015, 20:00   #33
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Thanks.

Just for my own learning (am still a bit of a noob) - why might that help? I was using ADF Blitzer just to write the adf to a floppy, and I have a relatively high end system that should not be short of oomph for something like that?

Cheers.
Its not the oomph, it just means that if the file is located in RAM it cant invalidate the hard drive if ADF blitzer crashes or the system has a problem whilst writing the file to disk.

ADF blitzer doesnt load the image to ram, it does it in stages and loads 'chunks' of the ADF to save on memory, so its constantly accessing the hard drive. If there is a problem with the program it could be why its buggering up the hard drive.

Copy the ADF to ram however means it wont be constantly accessing the hard drive, but ram instead, any problems, it corrupts ram, but wont damage the hard drive at the same time.
Old 24 August 2015, 20:10   #34
crazyc

Aah thanks. As there was no issue till I rebooted I thought I might have caught a virus. I shall follow your advice in future! Cheers