English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 29 October 2012, 11:13   #1
OlafSch

What should I include in "Aros Vision" Light/Classic?

I am just working on the next version of "Aros Vision" that will propably be uploaded end of november. It will include full versions of SoundFX and Real3D and some other additions.

Really new will be a additional "Light" Version that is dedicated to slower hardware (like classic/mobile devices or when people do not want to download the full archive). It will include the same base components like printer driver, libraries, MUI Classes ... and should be compatible from the view of a developer.

I plan to integrate:
Aweb
Scalos to replace Wanderer (still testing and working on the prefs)

What else from the distribution should I include:
http://www.natami-news.de/html/aros_vision.html
Old 29 October 2012, 14:09   #2
robinsonb5

What sort of machine specs are you targetting with the Light version?

Do you imagine it'd be worthwhile getting it running on Minimig variants?
(The Chameleon 64 Minimig core currently supports '020 processor and up to 24 meg of fast RAM.)
Old 29 October 2012, 14:20   #3
OlafSch

The idea is that Aros 68k becomes a real replacement for 68k hardware. Jason already showed a version for FPGA on Amiwest and therefore it is critical that it becomes more efficient on real (slower) hardware. So on FPGA it runs (but i do not know if this version is already public and how fast it is). For testing purposes (and for those that are interested and have fast enough hardware) I want to create the "Light"-Version that is based on my version for UAE with less preinstalled software and (when possible) replacing Wanderer with Scalos because Wanderer is (still) one of the big bottlenecks. If it runs on your system is not known to me, from the minimum specs it seems good enough (do not know how the speed is)