Old 03 January 2017, 11:35   #41
s2325
Zone Friend

new video of winter demo:
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 03 January 2017, 21:30   #42
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

I really love all the small graphical details in your games..

Looks and sounds amazing...

Old 03 January 2017, 23:01   #43
Gzegzolka

It's one of those games I'm waiting for to play them.
Old 04 January 2017, 09:48   #44
torturedutopian

Oh, BTW, I'm not sure I understand how the Patreon campaign is funded. By default contribution is at "$10.00 per video game development". So it's not a monthly contribution nor a contribution for major posts ? If it's only $10 per complete game, it'll be quite low
Old 04 January 2017, 14:28   #45
Kitty

Looking good
Old 04 January 2017, 14:33   #46
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
Looking good
Yep

Oh and good afternoon!
Old 05 January 2017, 16:44   #47
aszu

Now then, now then, we've had Xmas and NY eve, so it's a high time to give you a small update!

The lads from R3D Project constantly work on the Bridge Strike. For the ones, who had missed previous update, it is a modern version of Activision's River Raid. People who decided to support developers on Patreon could already have seen a new demo version, showing what could be expected in the final version.

As far as we know, all the graphics will consist of three independent planes. The graphics feature different colors depending on the time of the day or weather.

As this moment 42 different maps are finished; the authors will offer us a 4 different worlds to play - forest, winter, city and the desert.

The music will consist of 3 different modules and sound effects on top of that.

At this moment koyot (the graphician) works on the animated intro and outro!

Unfortunetelly A500 will not be enough for this game, as Bridge Strike will require a faster CPU. 020 should be enough though

You can see the winter scenery on youtube - [ Show youtube player ]

The release date is not yet known, but the authors will continue to work with the same publisher (CDLabel) and distro (amiga.net.pl). We will be able to purchase a fully boxed version. A freeware version will be released on aminet after some (not very long) time

A few images:

I'd like to remind, that anyone who'd like to support the authors can do so on the Patreon website. We have just a few developers on our scene, we need to look after them!

A few pictures:

Old 05 January 2017, 17:12   #48
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Old 05 January 2017, 18:40   #49
tomcat666
Retro Freak

"Unfortunetelly A500 will not be enough for this game, as Bridge Strike will require a faster CPU. 020 should be enough though"

Don't get me wrong, the game looks SPLENDID and looks to be very playable and I love RiverRaid so this will be great, but why does it require 020 CPU? I don't see anything that would really require it... vertical scrolling, small objects that move around and not many of them. I mean A500 could handle games with MUCH more going on, especially with vertical scrolling. Is the game made with a game designer or is this pure ASM venture? Just wondering...
Old 05 January 2017, 20:49   #50
aszu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat666 View Post
Is the game made with a game designer or is this pure ASM venture? Just wondering...
100% asm.
Old 05 January 2017, 21:13   #51
juen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat666 View Post
"Unfortunetelly A500 will not be enough for this game, as Bridge Strike will require a faster CPU. 020 should be enough though"

Don't get me wrong, the game looks SPLENDID and looks to be very playable and I love RiverRaid so this will be great, but why does it require 020 CPU? I don't see anything that would really require it... vertical scrolling, small objects that move around and not many of them. I mean A500 could handle games with MUCH more going on, especially with vertical scrolling. Is the game made with a game designer or is this pure ASM venture? Just wondering...
please check our tech demo, there you can see that (almost) all screen is redrawed in every frame (50 fps). so this is why we can have all tiles animated (cute pixelized gfx from Koyot). imho without asm with all code for gameplay that would not happend

BIG THX 2 ASZU 4 UPDATE!
Old 05 January 2017, 22:56   #52
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

not a coder but wonder if frame rate can be scaled down to 25fps for less powerful machines; difference is very faint
Old 06 January 2017, 07:22   #53
tomcat666
Retro Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by juen View Post
please check our tech demo, there you can see that (almost) all screen is redrawed in every frame (50 fps). so this is why we can have all tiles animated (cute pixelized gfx from Koyot). imho without asm with all code for gameplay that would not happend
Oh, I thought only the sprites (birds, boats, planes, clouds) are redrawn, the rest looks to be done with colour cyclling (the water, etc.).
Old 06 January 2017, 14:50   #54
meckert

Quote:
Originally Posted by torturedutopian View Post
Oh, BTW, I'm not sure I understand how the Patreon campaign is funded. By default contribution is at "$10.00 per video game development". So it's not a monthly contribution nor a contribution for major posts ? If it's only $10 per complete game, it'll be quite low
Wel you can donate whatever you want even 1 USD per month, and the guys are making games regardless of patreon, so it's just a way to support them. I did, and I'm happy, because I got insight into more stuff they are making, and also a new playable demo is available for patrons. Although there are only 4 so far

Last edited by meckert; 06 January 2017 at 16:21. Reason: typeo
Old 06 January 2017, 15:00   #55
Overflow

Not sure why patreon is being used tho, and IF they use it; why developers are letting potential supporters know more often (including updates in general of developments).
This thread is quite active, but take Reshoot developer Richard. Hes also using patreon, but he only got 8 supporters (Im one of them).
Ofcourse, when I poked him about it, he didnt feel like reminding people until he had something worthwhile to present gamewise/far enough into development for him to justify asking for support.

I can understand that point of view, but hence I think developers using patreon is falling between two chairs. Ontop of that; people probably feel more comfortable with a 1 sum donation, like buying the game in advance, instead of the very open ended "x dollars every month" kinda deal.
Old 06 January 2017, 16:04   #56
Gzegzolka

If I could say anything, I prefer much more single donation or ability to buy released game. I like simple solutions, and how pateron works is somehow black magic to me. Do I pay per update or per month? Anyway if there was simple paypal donation option just like with Alarcity or Tower 57 I would not hesitate to support developer.
Old 06 January 2017, 16:22   #57
meckert

Juen, Koyot : you've heard the guys - allow simple paypal donations
Old 06 January 2017, 17:22   #58
DamienD
Banned

Totally agree with Overflow and Gzegzolka

...I just don't get Patreon and having to pledge "x dollars every month". Also, how long does this continue for? Indefinite?

A one off sum via PayPal or another medium would be the best solution IMHO and I'm sure more people would then get onboard.

With "Tanks Furry" I ended up sending juen a sum of money via PayPal

With "Reshoot" I had to purchase the complete CD / box / manual etc. that I didn't want and have no use for. Gave / shipped this to Cobe and he then sent ma a copy of the files.
Old 07 January 2017, 20:40   #59
torturedutopian

I guess the point of Patreon is that developers can set different goals (if we reach this amount we'll be able to add this or that to the game), people can track how many donations are being made and be incited to give more...

What I don't understand in this particular Patreon campaign is that they didn't choose the regular "given amount per month" ; or "given amonunt per major post / update"; but something different which seems to be "given amount per game"; but I'm not sure to understand what it means...

Last edited by torturedutopian; 08 January 2017 at 11:32.
Old 08 January 2017, 18:07   #60
juen

Quote:
Originally Posted by torturedutopian View Post
I guess the point of Patreon is that developers can set different goals (if we reach this amount we'll be able to add this or that to the game), people can track how many donations are being made and be incited to give more...

What I don't understand in this particular Patreon campaign is that they didn't choose the regular "given amount per month" ; or "given amonunt per major post / update"; but something different which seems to be "given amount per game"; but I'm not sure to understand what it means...
good point.. i have changed this to "per month" because most of people was thinking that patreon will charge them in every month. now we need to change our goals