English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 11 February 2018, 01:37   #21
Zippy Zapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Hello aCCoLa. Well my experience was this simple; Ordered Defender of the Crown Nov 2016 and received May 2017
My order for defender of the crown was similar.

After excuse after excuse I finally opened a PayPal case and then magically, I got a tracking number.

I would love to get Wings and Rocket Ranger but I won't go through this hassle again as it is just not worth it.

According to Wiki, Cinemaware was bought by Starbreeze for 525,000 euros in May 2016. How is one person from Germany selling and remastering these games? Starbreeze doesn't look like a small company.
Old 11 February 2018, 02:07   #22
longbow75

I haven't received mine either. I also received the same email. Not very professional. At the same time what is when it comes to Amiga
Old 11 February 2018, 02:26   #23
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the little Amiga sideline was kept out of sea breeze hands and is a little private endeavour by one or two people.
Old 11 February 2018, 18:16   #24
Dr_Procton

Same situation with me. I ordered (and Paid) defender of the crown at the end of 2016. I sent this guy Sven a ton of email. He replied to wait on next monday forever (and other silly excuses). Now I see that I was not the only one to be frauded by this guy. Maybe we can do something together..
Old 12 February 2018, 17:49   #25
Zippy Zapp

Has anyone tried contacting Starbreeze to see if they have any comment or knowledge of this? I am assuming they do because they apparently own the IP, the Cinemaware name and all the games now.

I can't believe the same crap is going on more then a year later.
Old 16 February 2018, 18:50   #26
badflame

Oh damn, I would wish to have discovered this forum before placing my order.

Here another affected: "Order # 2348 was placed on 11. February 2018 and is currently On Hold."

I have written two unanswered messages.

Last edited by badflame; 16 February 2018 at 19:07.
Old 23 February 2018, 01:32   #27
badflame

I just opened a PayPal case
Old 23 February 2018, 01:47   #28
BarryB
Amigaholic

Get your money back if you can
Old 27 February 2018, 17:38   #29
aCCoLa

Evil grin

Wow Ive just checked back on this thread to give you an update on my situation from my original post, and wow sad to read all the comments. Seems I am not the only one and EXACTLY the same. And to answer someones post, YES my money WAS taken

Ive used the website "contact" page and sent messages. I never got replied to.
My order also showed as "on hold".

I found sven on Facebook and messaged. Basically Ive had lots of lies and false promises numerous times from him. Even a "tracking number" and a promise I would receive in 2 weeks. Then when you check the "tracking number" with German post, it will only show "when your package has been delivered". Not really tracking is it? The item never arrived and who knows what the package/parcel was that I was "tracking"? I sent an email to German post asking where this package was...in 3 days I received a letter from German post to Scotland. Seems they are quite efficient. They said that basically if the package was lost the SENDER would have to pursue a refund. I dont believe that package was my package.

I sent a message again saying that I was pursuing my money back with my credit card and that I would report to trading standards.
I then got an email saying that "he had been under lots of stress" and that "he had received death threats" (no shocker there!). I would get Rocket Ranger in 2 weeks and Wings when it was ready. I actually ordered Rocket Ranger AND Defender of the Crown!!! (wanted cd32 versions). Also....and get this....I would receive a tracking number with my package. So what was the other tracking number already given? Just a lie?

Utter shambles. Needless to say that was over 3 weeks ago and no sign.

I am pursuing my money back with credit card and that may be an option for some of you too as purchases are guaranteed by most cards (as long as not a debit) I believe.

I have fond memories of Cinemaware, wanted to get something cool, support the little guys and amiga scene. Needless to say this has tarnished my view of them.

I started this thread to see if anyone received their item, now I want this thread to be a warning!!!!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THESE GUYS!
Rip off merchants. If I want a Rocket Range memento, I will just buy the original disks and box off ebay and may be play a "back up" version on CF card.

Honestly purchase from Retro Cinemaware at your peril. Its nor worth it.
Frustration awaits!!!!!

Scumbags
Old 27 February 2018, 17:46   #30
aCCoLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post

It's very poor form when you publicise something in public, ask for / accept money, and then don't deliver
So agree! Sven was on Podcasts promoting this! Crazy brass neck this guy has! so mad. Dont give up guys, get your money back!
Old 02 March 2018, 11:29   #31
apex

We have now a German Company taking care for all this issues.
Old 03 March 2018, 21:01   #32
aCCoLa

Proper Delivery should have been sorted way before orders were even taken.
How unorganised are they.

RR and DOTC are both finished products that I ordered. It wasn’t a go fund me, it was an order of a finished product. How hard is it to put in a Jiffy bag and send?

Last edited by aCCoLa; 03 March 2018 at 23:35.
Old 03 March 2018, 21:45   #33
BarryB
Amigaholic

@apex: So does that mean everyone who ordered RR and DOTC will now get them without any further delays or excuses?
Old 03 March 2018, 23:26   #34
aCCoLa

Amigos Podcast just let me know they intend to cover this situation next podcast...hope it warns as many folk as possible.

Last edited by aCCoLa; 05 March 2018 at 00:08.
Old 04 March 2018, 18:55   #35
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy Zapp View Post
According to Wiki, Cinemaware was bought by Starbreeze for 525,000 euros in May 2016. How is one person from Germany selling and remastering these games? Starbreeze doesn't look like a small company.
Not commenting on the delay and lack of proper communication for orders, but on the "bought by Starbreeze" mention:

My understanding is that Cinemaware was not bought by StarBreeze, but rather that Starbreeze acquired a very wide license to the rights to the Cinemaware games. Although this probably means they can do whatever they want with the games, this does not imply that Cinemaware does not have the rights. Very likely they still retain these valuable rights.

Regarding your question "How is one person from Germany selling and remastering these games?", this is actually public information. Listen to the corresponding Amigos and RetroHour episode podcasts and you will be able to hear from Svenn how he acquired the rights to the company.
So, the answer would be : he was at the right moment at the right time and got the rights.
Now, does that make him a well organized, well communicating business guy? The answer is clearly no, but as you will hear from the podcasts episodes I mentioned, this is not his full time job. He is doing that on the side.

Not excusing him, just providing some context and answers to your question.
Nothing is ever black or white.
Old 09 March 2018, 02:46   #36
badflame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnlyCat View Post
Not commenting on the delay and lack of proper communication for orders, but on the "bought by Starbreeze" mention:

My understanding is that Cinemaware was not bought by StarBreeze, but rather that Starbreeze acquired a very wide license to the rights to the Cinemaware games. Although this probably means they can do whatever they want with the games, this does not imply that Cinemaware does not have the rights. Very likely they still retain these valuable rights.

Regarding your question "How is one person from Germany selling and remastering these games?", this is actually public information. Listen to the corresponding Amigos and RetroHour episode podcasts and you will be able to hear from Svenn how he acquired the rights to the company.
So, the answer would be : he was at the right moment at the right time and got the rights.
Now, does that make him a well organized, well communicating business guy? The answer is clearly no, but as you will hear from the podcasts episodes I mentioned, this is not his full time job. He is doing that on the side.

Not excusing him, just providing some context and answers to your question.
Nothing is ever black or white.
Well, maybe I don't understand the potato crop, but if I open an e-commerce to sale potatoes, I will be 100% responsible for sending what I sell.

This is totally clear.
Old 09 March 2018, 18:54   #37
aCCoLa

It was amigos podcast where I heard Sven talk about cinemaware. He seemed enthusiastic and I bought into the project. And the people that are allegedly sending him death threats are obviously way out of line.

However I have to agree with badflame.

This isn’t a go fund looking for backers. We have seen photos of the finished products. They are ready to be bought and it’s been promoted as such. Goods bought need to be shipped.
I can’t in my job take money and not provide the goods/services.
Even if he sold 2000 immediately, Take paid leave off work. And pack Jiffy bags all day for 2 weeks with your partner or friends and enjoy the money you’ve made. Sitting on the product and taking money is just immoral.

I don’t think we know the full story. We’re led to believe he has the product but does he? It’s so simple to send a package that I’m beginning to doubt he has the full number. Or may be he’s taken more orders than he has products?
Whatever’s happened a social media announcement would have saved a lot of speculation and anger. He’s probably embarrassed but better to be up front i reckon.
Old 13 March 2018, 17:49   #38
aCCoLa

Evil grin

Here they are....
You have my money, now please put one in a Jiffy bag with Rocket Ranger and send me it.....as we arranged 6 months ago!
Old 13 March 2018, 20:53   #39
durniplot

I gave up on this, and as I was inside 180 days of ordering, paypal refunded my money. This after several emails to sven directly and through the contact form, trying to get hold of him on facebook, and without any signs of contesting the claim on his part. The website says this thing is sold out now, so I just assume he doesn't have any left. The shop that is going to distribute the other games also said they are not doing anything with DOTC. I'd try for a refund if I were you.
Old 14 March 2018, 00:22   #40
aCCoLa

Thx for letting us know your experience durnipilot. Yeah I’m waiting on credit card giving me a refund. It wasn’t sold out when I ordered last year (according to website) but I have no faith I will receive anything. Just gonna pick up original cinemaware big boxes instead. More authentic anyways.