English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 01 July 2018, 18:16   #1
DamienD
Banned

Marbella Vice

Heya guys,

Just read this news on MAMEWorld:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DU: Marbella Vice

Thanks to Recreativas.org we got a dump of Marbella Vice (Picmatic 1994). The laser disc is waiting on a usable dumping system/setup.

http://www.recreativas.org/marbella-vice-946-picmatic
[ Show youtube player ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The text from the 1st URL above translated into English is as follows:

Quote:
Marbella Vice is the second game in Laserdisc launched by Picmatic SA. With a larger budget than the previous one (Los Justicieros), Marbella Vice was an ambitious project whose filming was directed by Alex de la Iglesia and featured actors such as Santiago Segura and Alex Angulo.

The game is controlled with a modified Commodore Amiga baseplate and a laserdisc player.

Picmatic Laserdisc games were available in two types of furniture: Magic Laser (standard furniture, with registration of model A / 2095) and Super Magic Laser (large furniture, with separate control panel and remote from the monitor).
Old 02 July 2018, 09:24   #2
grond

Wow, Alex de la Iglesia is one of the coolest Spanish directors and Santiago Segura a very well-known actor. 1994 was about the time they were starting their careers.

Edit: the game seems to be some kind of predecessor of the Torrente-movies...

Last edited by grond; 02 July 2018 at 09:30.
Old 02 July 2018, 10:01   #3
Leffmann

The A500 was cheap and genlock-capable, a perfect choice for the purpose. Other specialized equipment at the time probably costed thousands per board.
Old 03 July 2018, 11:52   #4
Gaula92

@grond: I read somewhere that the Torrente character and some ideas seen on the movies were based on Marbella Vice.
1994 was also the year of "El Día de la Bestia", directed by Alex de la Iglesia and starring Alex Angulo and Santiago Segura as a strangle couple not too different from Don Quijote and Sancho Panza, and my favorite spanish movie EVER, I could quote the entire movie. I can't express how excited I am about this game release!

"Pero ¿Tú eres satánico?"
"Shhi, y de Carabanchel"

Old 04 July 2018, 00:45   #5
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

OH YES. Torrente is the real macho, Macho-man

Watch this video as an example:

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 04 July 2018, 11:34   #6
grond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaula92 View Post
@grond: I read somewhere that the Torrente character and some ideas seen on the movies were based on Marbella Vice.
1994 was also the year of "El Día de la Bestia", directed by Alex de la Iglesia and starring Alex Angulo and Santiago Segura as a strangle couple not too different from Don Quijote and Sancho Panza, and my favorite spanish movie EVER, I could quote the entire movie. I can't express how excited I am about this game release!

"Pero ¿Tú eres satánico?"
"Shhi, y de Carabanchel"

I have El Día de la Bestia on DVD. High time to watch it again some time soon. It is very much a película madrile~na. Looking at your avatar, I'm mildly surprised you care for that... My favorite Spanish movies probably are Airbag and La Comunidad. Oh, and anything by León de Arranoa...
Old 05 July 2018, 15:19   #7
TurboCrash

The title alone makes me chuckle. Never heard of this game, although the more popular American Laser Games (Mad Dog, Crime Patrol) were quite ubiquitous.
The arcade decoration is also very quaint. It has all the details of that era that are copied/mocked in new movies like kung fury.