English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 01 November 2010, 11:55   #341
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Thanks TCD - looks good and certainly deserves it's HOL Status - it is a great little game.

@Rob - if you have or know of any other details about the game or the authors please post here and TCD can update the entry...

I will drop Cody a quick PM re the screen shots just in case he misses it here... :-)
Old 01 November 2010, 14:52   #342
roberthazelby
Amiga user since 1990

I don't think I have the full names of the authors of Beetle, but will have a rummage and see if I can pull out anything.

What issue of CU Amiga did the game appear in? It was from that issue that I sent off for the full version. Is there anything in that issue we can use to enhance the HOL entry?
Old 01 November 2010, 16:37   #343
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Nothing from CU Amiga, but some other reviews are on AMR : http://amr.abime.net/amr_search.php?...=0&action=Find
Maybe they mention the full names somewhere.
Old 06 November 2010, 23:39   #344
DJCruicky
Gone, but not forgotten

HydroZone

Hi all ^.^/,
Peter pointed me in the direction of this forum.

15 years ago I made a few shareware games with Blitz Basic II v1.7 programming language.
Last week Peter contacted me and asked question if I still had full version of my game called ‘HydroZone’. Well, all good news, I have .

Last year I powered up my Amiga 1200 for the first time in over 10 years and transferred the lot to my PC’s Amiga Emulator. I have had plan to release the full versions of my games to the community for some time now, but it’s one of them things I just did not get round in doing.
This forum has given me some positive reason to get my bum in action and get them out the door.

This week I’ve been playing around with a more up to date version of BlitzBasicII. I've found it’s now open source and is being updated by a new group calling it AmiBlitz. I’ve been having a poke around with that on my PC emulator tweaking my games ready for release with it.

I’ll release my games one by one. I have ‘Wired Chaos’ and a sequel to ‘HydroZone’ called ‘SpeedRacerFX’. But, I’ll leave the best to last, a more up to date version of ‘Alien Fish Finger’. I know there is already a pirated version of this going round on the boards but that is in fact an early version of the game lacking good sound, and is full of spelling errors. So, it will be nice to get the true finished version out for people to play.

I hope this is all good news for you all. I promise you, they are on the way, starting with ‘HydroZone’. I’ll post back when I have something to show.
DJC
Old 06 November 2010, 23:51   #345
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Welcome to EAB DJCruicky! Now that's some good news Really looking forward to see your games
Old 07 November 2010, 00:41   #346
Peter
Still an Amiga user

The AMIGA is ALIVE and WELL!!!!

Welcome to EAB DJC - this is the place for Amiga people!
Old 07 November 2010, 02:33   #347
kriz

Wow, welcome DJCruicky.. Nice you will release it for us all !!! Looking forward !!
Old 07 November 2010, 07:23   #348
Anakirob
Unregistered User

Wow, I've been trying to find you (and the full version of hydrozone) on and off for more than 10 years. I have soiled myself with anticipation.
Old 07 November 2010, 19:49   #349
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Just found a Shareware game called 'Space Survivor' (well, actually only the preview). Tried to find some info about it and this page popped up : http://www.hardcoreprocessing.com/ho...migaGames.html
Elite clone... thought that might be interesting Anoq says the game is finished, so it might be one for Peter
Old 08 November 2010, 12:06   #350
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Just found a Shareware game called 'Space Survivor' (well, actually only the preview). Tried to find some info about it and this page popped up : http://www.hardcoreprocessing.com/ho...migaGames.html
Elite clone... thought that might be interesting Anoq says the game is finished, so it might be one for Peter
Interesting reading, well spotted TCD - the author is very honest about his work but I would still like to see it... I will investigate...
Old 08 November 2010, 16:23   #351
Graham Humphrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCruicky View Post
I hope this is all good news for you all. I promise you, they are on the way, starting with ‘HydroZone’. I’ll post back when I have something to show.
DJC
Welcome to EAB! Great to see you here. I loved playing the demo version of HydroZone when I was a kid (got it off Amiga Action's coverdisk). Alien Fish Finger is great too.

Do you have any plans to release the source code too, or not? Just out of interest. I know it's a cheeky question
Old 08 November 2010, 22:09   #352
DJCruicky
Gone, but not forgotten

Thanks All. Happy people are still wanting to play my games .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
Welcome to EAB! Great to see you here. I loved playing the demo version of HydroZone when I was a kid (got it off Amiga Action's coverdisk). Alien Fish Finger is great too.

Do you have any plans to release the source code too, or not? Just out of interest. I know it's a cheeky question
Yes, there is a cut down version of the source code on the disc. There is enough there for one to see how the game works. But, I need to warn you, it was my first Blitz Basic II game so maybe not the best example of how to write a program.

I will try get it out soon .
Old 08 November 2010, 23:47   #353
roberthazelby
Amiga user since 1990

(Re: Name abbreviations of Beetle authors)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
I don't... I wonder if Rob might know...?
I will try to find out...

Anyone who hasn't tried Beetle yet should take a look at this little video someone has uploaded to Youtube....

[ Show youtube player ]
I thought the full names of the authors were on the disk label, but sadly it only displays their initials and surnames.
Old 15 November 2010, 23:13   #354
DJCruicky
Gone, but not forgotten

HydroZone

"You are my prisoner; there is no escape, unless you play my game known as ‘The HydroZone’"
Hi all, yes it’s here. You asked for it, and you now got it.

I made a few changes too. See change log below.

Change log.
~~~~~~~~~
v1.0 First release 1994

v1.02 Nov 2010
* Changed licence from Shareware to Freeware.
* Updated documents.
* Added a continue from level 4 option if a player dies beyond that point.
* Made changes to health. If a player crashes into a few walls one after the other, only the first hit takes the full energy from the player’s health bar. Hits after that only take a little.
* Changed some of the in-game text.
* Hopefully fixed the speedup and slow down problem on accelerated Amiga’s ie 030, 040’s etc. Some parts of the game were running twice as fast as it should have. (un-tested sorry as I don’t own one of these)
* Recompiled code with AmiBlitz3. (Originally programmed with BlitzBasicII1.7)

All the above changes I did on an Amiga Emulator on the PC. I’ve not been able to test these on a real Amiga, so all I can say is fingers crossed I’ve not added lots of new bugs .

Download from Download Link

I made a YouTube Video too-> [ Show youtube player ]

There is also 'Speed Racer FX' on the disc too.
Hope you enjoy.

DJ Cruicky

Last edited by DJCruicky; 22 December 2010 at 01:28.
Old 15 November 2010, 23:16   #355
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Cheers DJCruicky I've also put it on the file server
Works fine on WinUAE btw.

Last edited by TCD; 15 November 2010 at 23:23.
Old 15 November 2010, 23:39   #356
Peter
Still an Amiga user

A really big THANK YOU for this DJ Cruicky!!

I will test on my A1200 set up's...

Last edited by Peter; 15 November 2010 at 23:44.
Old 15 November 2010, 23:42   #357
Graham Humphrey

Excellent stuff, thanks very much!
Old 15 November 2010, 23:48   #358
prowler
Global Moderator

Moments like this provide a great boost to the Amiga community.
Old 16 November 2010, 00:37   #359
Beawolf
Zone Friend

I cannot believe it, the person that made Alien Fish finger????? WOOHOO WOW!!!
God, was one of the nice games i ever played, was just pity that was a bit short.

I remember Hydrozone, think maybe i played it on a Golden amiga games disk or similar.
Was a bit hard for me XD.

Anyway Wow, so as we can see, the persons that had faith on Amiga are still here,
The dream continue survive guys, are these moments that im not shy to admit, that
i leave a tear, when things like this happen! REALLY NICE!! THX!! THX!!!
Hope one day also we can find some other rare games like Astar Land in Flames

DjCruicky YOU ARE A GENIUS! You are one of columns that show that exist person like us somewhere in this earth filled with console games too much different from
the Amiga Dreamers remember.

P.S. I dont have anything against Playstation, XBOX, WII, but many times i prefear
play game like Sensible World Of Soccer, Celtic Legends, and some very nice made
PD&Shareware Games
Old 16 November 2010, 02:00   #360
Adropac2
Zone Friend

Blimey Hydrozone is really well done, can't believe iv'e not seen it before.Great work. Are you still working on games at this point in your life?