English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 05 October 2009, 12:12   #61
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Yes you can - Here

Anyone new to the forum here will be glad of that heads up Graham - there are some real gems to be found on those old cover disks. The AMR site is such a brilliant place to take a look at... I have noticed though that on occasion it is the pages that contain the PD and Shareware game reviews that are typically missing... Doh!

Thanks ma693541 for including the CU Amiga cover disk 22 here for anyone who just wants to grab a quick download of it...
Old 05 October 2009, 12:30   #62
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Dunno if this is of any interest to this thread, but a couple of years back I got in touch with the coders of Dozer http://hol.abime.net/5533.

It was originally given away as a shareware release on a coverdisk which I always enjoyed.

Anyway, the people behind the game had a little chat and sent me over the full version, I was waiting to include it in AGTW (they said they were more than happy to answer any questions, and I passed over their emails to Cody) but it never happened (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...ighlight=dozer).

They sent me over an lha of it, but I did put together an adf as well, let me know if you want them uploaded somewhere. I did share it at the time just don't know if it ended up in TOSEC or on the File Server or whatever
Old 05 October 2009, 13:50   #63
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
The place where you can find the full versions on the EAB file server (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=43633) is 'Games/PD (full versions)'. Hope there will be more than the two in a bit
Hi KG - looks like an excellent game from the screen shots on HOL - could you put the versions you have in the area on the server TCD has created - thanks for this - Peter
Old 05 October 2009, 14:49   #64
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Sure thing, will do when I next get a chance.
Old 05 October 2009, 15:27   #65
[idoru]

I've only skim-read the thread, but I don't think anyone's mentioned this - apologies if they have & i missed it...

Anything marked (SW-R) in the TOSEC PD dat should be registered (& presumably therefore the full versions), doesn't include many but there might be something of interest :-

Alien Fish Finger
Breed 96
Deluxe Galaga
Desert Apache
Fields of Battle
Friday Night Pool
Marathon
MegaBall AGA
Scorched Tanks
Splat 2
Old 05 October 2009, 15:38   #66
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Thanks for the info idoru I will add those to the file server now (just for quick access, not because they aren't already there ).

Edit : Which version of Scorched Tanks is the registered one? I assume the [h BTTR] ones, but since it doesn't have the (SW-R) flag I'm not sure.

Last edited by TCD; 05 October 2009 at 15:47.
Old 05 October 2009, 18:19   #67
hitm4n

I am in close contact with Edgar Vigdal of Deluxe Galaga and Deluxe Pacman fame (have been for years) and i am sure that he would be fine with the last best versions (reged) of these games can be made public now. The last DG version was 2.6C Aga and with the included voiceset and extra music is over the size of 1 disc. I believe i shared this here a while back but i thought i'd mention it again in case its needed. I do have a 2.6C AGA registered version.

Same goes for Deluxe Pacman, the archive i compiled includes a egistered ECS 1.6 version and a registered AGA 1.7 version. These were the last versions released.

I'll upload both packages now.
Old 05 October 2009, 18:40   #68
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Thanks for these two games hitm4n Any reason why this wouldn't work on a real Amiga? I would like to delete the 'forWinUAE' bit if it's not needed
Old 05 October 2009, 18:40   #69
hitm4n

Both files are up. While i'm here, i want to ask if anyone else tried the R3 package that was uploaded. It is the full version i think, i've played it before a long time ago in AIAB10.x but now i'm running the latest AmiKIT setup and it doesn't seem to work. I know there is nothing wrong with the archive so its got to be AmiKIT settings. I'm very new to AmiKIT and don't really know how to mess with its settings etc. I got a blank screen and had to press F12 and reset.

Further to this, i tried to add an assign to the startup-sequence (yes, i know i shouldhave used the user-startup) and by using Wordpad it broke AmiKIT completely. I had to reinstall and edit the user-startup from within the emulation. I think its to do with the carriage returns and how windows handles them when resaving the file. Anyway, i got that sorted and added the assign to make Poing load without an error Damn i don't remember Poing being this hard. Are my responses slowing with age ?

Well... Anyone got any tips for me for R3 in AmiKIT ? Cheers.
Old 05 October 2009, 18:43   #70
hitm4n

Nope, the games would work fine... I even added some icons to the packages that were missing. Feel free to delete the texts and recompile them into cleaner zips. The 2 files i uploaded were freebies for our registered Deluxe PocMon and Warblade buyers and i compiled them just for emulator use.
Old 05 October 2009, 18:55   #71
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Okay, I just removed the 'ForWinUAE' bit and upoaded them to the file server. Quite some files up there now
Old 05 October 2009, 22:22   #72
[idoru]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Thanks for the info idoru I will add those to the file server now (just for quick access, not because they aren't already there ).

Edit : Which version of Scorched Tanks is the registered one? I assume the [h BTTR] ones, but since it doesn't have the (SW-R) flag I'm not sure.
Scorched Tanks v1.80 (1994-03-03)(Welch, Michael)(SW-R)[WB]
CRC32: 79d71946
Old 05 October 2009, 22:36   #73
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Thanks for the info idoru In the latest 'official' dat it's still 'Scorched Tanks v1.80 (1994)(Welch, Michael)[WB]'
Old 05 October 2009, 23:44   #74
hitm4n

is there a new dat coming ?
Old 06 October 2009, 00:19   #75
Peter
Still an Amiga user

I have a Version of Scorched Tanks that runs from the Hard Drive like an WHDLoad version... it is the registered Version 1.90

I will upload that to the Server area also.
Old 06 October 2009, 00:24   #76
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Now we're getting somewhere Thanks for that Peter () and I hope some other guys have a registered version or know where to contact the author.
Old 07 October 2009, 11:53   #77
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Scavenger 2 is a great game but I had forgotten how hard some games actually are - I cant get passed level 4 - you need to give it absolute concentration - I obviously need to concentrate more...

I think this game would make a good EAB/Lemon Super League game - as it is a small game so perhaps a sub league could be introduced here and there for bonus points over a period - just an idea...
Old 07 October 2009, 12:02   #78
Graham Humphrey

We do have a PD games round every year where we play two games so you may like to vote for it when that comes round again next year.

Also check out the Super League General Discussion thread in the Competition forum where you may like to post ideas like this. (Just to keep this thread on-topic you understand )

(Oh and you only voted for three games next round instead of five so could you go and change that please )
Old 07 October 2009, 12:21   #79
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Will Do Graham - thanks for the info :-)
Old 07 October 2009, 12:39   #80
Peter
Still an Amiga user

I'm not becoming obsessed with Scavenger 2 (honestly) but I found this link for another game (not an Amiga game unfortunately) that looks like a PC update - check here for details and be sure to download the demo or at least check the game screens & clip... it looks pretty good - I must ask Ben Wright if he had anything to do with it or if he even knows anything about it...