English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 06 May 2009, 20:34   #1
redworm

Video Editing on Amiga Emulator

Hello, I've been tinkering around with Amiga Emulation for a little bit now and I've decided that I would like to edit a video on WinUAE.
Is this feasible or if I am wasting my time.

Here is an example of the level of complexity I am trying to achieve:
[ Show youtube player ]

What application would be best suited for effects like that, Video Toaster or Deluxe Video?

Also, which version, which kickstart and which workbench works best for video editing and the corresponding programs I will need to run?

Is there any forums or threads explaining the necessary installations to successfully edit videos on an Amiga Emulator?

Thanks in advance for your replies and help!.
Michael

Old 06 May 2009, 21:35   #2
vodley
Zone Friend

Video Toaster is Amiga controlled hardware. No video slots in UAE.
Deluxe Video lets you assemble animations and 8-bit sound into presentations. I don't think it is much use for your project.

Amiga video was generally about videotape. Non-linear editing on Amiga is still dependent on additional hardware. You would need a real Amiga setup.

You might have success with a WinUAE approach like this.
Export frames from virtualdub (Windows,)
convert them into Deluxe Paint animations to add Amiga titles, animbrush effects, and then exporting the modified frames to load back into virtualdub.

Last edited by vodley; 06 May 2009 at 21:53.
Old 07 May 2009, 02:19   #3
redworm

Can I animate and render sequences out of Deluxe Paint?.. to be subsequently brought into Final Cut Pro as a background? or title?

Old 07 May 2009, 03:52   #4
vodley
Zone Friend

DPaint exports IFF animations.

Virtualdub (free Windows program) will import these IFF anims. From there, you can save out an .avi video file for your preferred video editing software windows side.
(See http://www.virtualdub.org/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=171 )

Alternately, you can set up WinUAE to capture what plays on your WinUAE screen as an avi file.
Old 06 January 2010, 10:34   #5
salax54

Hi there, i have some hard time with DPaint 5. Since this thread is somehow relevant to my question, here goes: I have created two frames for a simple animation i want to create. The plan is to make it based just on these two frames. What i want to do, is copy frame 1 to frame 3, frame 2 to frame 4 and soforth, meaning, the two initial frames would go on again and again. Although i have read the manual, i still can't seem to get things right. If i'm situated at frame 1 of the animation and select to Copy Frame, all it does is make a duplicate at frame 2 and my ex-#2 frame becomes frame 3. I'm sure there's something simple i miss, has anyone a clue?
Thanks!
Old 06 January 2010, 21:14   #6
vodley
Zone Friend

@Salax54: Save your first frame as FRAME001, FRAME003, and so on as desired, odd numbers. Then advance to the second frame, and in the same directory save it as FRAME002, FRAME004, and so on with even numbers. Then load the frames as an animation.
Old 09 January 2010, 09:08   #7
salax54

@vodley: Thanks, it worked! :-)