Into the Wonderful

How about...

A decent sequel to Chaos Engine
Technocop 2
A few more scrolling and tournament style beat-em-ups
Shadow Fighter 2
Paradroid '95
A few less soccer/football games

I would like to say Gods 2, but then again, maybe we should leave this ultimate masterpiece as it is...
Old 16 August 2002, 13:41   #3
Big-Byte
Long time member

Oids - Atari ST Users I knew were always boasting about having that game and we didnt
Old 16 August 2002, 14:09   #4
Bloodwych

Quote:
Originally posted by Big-Byte
Oids - Atari ST Users I knew were always boasting about having that game and we didnt
I absolutely LOVED oids! Had it on my Atari ST and it was hard letting the game go when the time came to purchase an Amiga.................
Old 16 August 2002, 15:33   #5
kriz

Stunt Car racer 2 !!!! This would have been so good, and I have thought about it alot .....
Old 16 August 2002, 15:46   #6
Bloodwych

Stunt Car Racer 2 would be awesome!

Interceptor 2, with more varied missions but the same feel and playability.
Old 16 August 2002, 16:33   #7
oldpx

Eye of the Beholder III but not the one that's available on PCs, but one as good as the EOB 2. Other than that, I don't generally expect a sequel to be as good as the original.

Old 16 August 2002, 16:57   #8
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
Me too

I would of loved a Player Manager with KO2 engine and Stunt Car Racer 2

also Exile 2 would of been interesting I think!
Old 16 August 2002, 18:01   #9
Amiga1992

- All those games that almost made it but never did (NBA Jam, Snow Bros., Skitchin...)
- Sonic the Hedgehog on the Amiga.
- More japanese arcade conversions (kof?)
Old 16 August 2002, 22:15   #10
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Re: Games we needed desperately but never saw

Everyone, try to make suggestions that aren't sequels. Otherwise, it's just another "my fav games" list, really.

Quote:
Originally posted by alkis21
-A decent basketball game for the Amiga
-Player Manager with Kick Off 2's engine
-Loom 2
-Wings 2
Haven't you played "TV Sports Basketball"? What basketball game do you prefer? I played one on the NeoGeo that kicked ass, but I forgot the name right now.
Old 16 August 2002, 22:49   #11
Amiga1992

Yeah that game that is two on two on the NG, it really rocks. Forgot its name too..

Something like that would of been nice on the meega. NBA Jam too.
Old 16 August 2002, 22:58   #12
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

Quote:
Originally posted by Muzkat
How about...

A decent sequel to Chaos Engine

I would like to say Gods 2, but then again, maybe we should leave this ultimate masterpiece as it is...
Agreed 100%
Old 17 August 2002, 02:28   #13
Antiriad
The Sacred Armour Of

Without stating the obvious: Putty Squad

and im glad im not the only one to think that the Chaos Engine II was lame lame lame...

a sad blot on the otherwise perfection of the Bitmap Brothers
Old 17 August 2002, 03:01   #14
Dalai

That basketball Neo Geo game is Street Hoop, and it has great music.

Not sure if the new xbox game coming out with similar name is a sequel to it or not? Maybe just a stolen idea.
Old 17 August 2002, 03:37   #15
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally posted by Dalai
Not sure if the new xbox game coming out with similar name is a sequel to it or not? Maybe just a stolen idea.
Who's the publisher? The NG game is done by Elite methinks... or something like that... (it was a very non-NeoGeo publisher, I'm sure of that)
Old 17 August 2002, 04:36   #16
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Re: Re: Games we needed desperately but never saw

Quote:
Originally posted by Twistin'Ghost
Everyone, try to make suggestions that aren't sequels. Otherwise, it's just another "my fav games" list, really.
Execllent idea Twist. I think Amiga can easily handle Panzer General. Why not someone port it? They did Myst and Doom.....
Old 17 August 2002, 06:09   #17
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

I am keeping the standard A500 and A1200 in mind, when saying "This could be done", and not modern PPC machines

Street Fighter Alpha and Street Fighter Alpha 2. Could be easily done. (I think all Street Fighters on Amiga could be done better. Haven't seen SSF turbo, though)

NBA Jam... the 1 button joystick would be a problem, but besides that, could be easily done.

Power Spikes - A good volleyball game from arcades, also on the Mega-Drive and the SNES. An Amiga port would kick ass..

More arcade shmups, like: Truxton 1 & 2 , Dogyuun, Batsugun... I believe they all could be easily done (Batsugun would be great on AGA machines).

More fight games: Most Neo-Geo BEUs could be done. Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury, World Heroes (It sux, but I would like to see it on Amiga anyway), and the KoF series.. (Athoulgh the KoF series would need to be for the CD32.. imagine the amount of disks would be needed to put KOF )

Games from Treasure.. they probably doesn't even know what an Amiga is, as they are from Japan, but hell, they could squeeze the most incredible code in the 68000 ... check out their Mega-Drive games. (I love Alien Soldier's phrase in the title screen: Visual Shock, Speed Shock Sound Shock, now the 68000 heart is on fire)

A decent port of Power Drift. Anywany, that would be asking too much, I haven't see one single decent port of it.

Damn, too many already
Old 17 August 2002, 06:49   #18
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally posted by Shatterhand
Haven't seen SSF turbo, though
I have to transfer it to my meega and tell you how it is, but from the looks of it, it's just like the PC version (ie quite fucking good)
Quote:
NBA Jam... the 1 button joystick would be a problem, but besides that, could be easily done.
Not a problem, if the PROBE dreamteam would have handled the conversion. They did MK and MK2, NBA Jam was a piece of cake for them IMO. I wish they had converted japanese arcades.
Quote:
More arcade shmups, like: Truxton 1 & 2 , Dogyuun, Batsugun... I believe they all could be easily done (Batsugun would be great on AGA machines).
Dunno how much pixel can the A1200 push, so perhaps it can't handle Batsugun. But lots of other could have. And they were not ported just because of the japanese producers' lack of interest in the platform. Someone should have gone to Japan and sold the Amiga to them. They would have made wonders with it. The FEW jap arcade conversions we had were done by european teams. I can only wonder what the japs could have done with this brilliant hardware.
Quote:
imagine the amount of disks would be needed to put KOF
If the GBA got KOF, I don't think they would be many! GBA KOF must be at the most 64Mbit, that's about 8 disks. Shaq Fu had 6 and it was cack And the NeoGeo Pocket has a KOF in 16Mbits. As I always say, with teh right compromises, ANY game can be ported to any platform!
Quote:
Games from Treasure.. they probably doesn't even know what an Amiga is, as they are from Japan, but hell, they could squeeze the most incredible code in the 68000
That's what I just said about the jappers. JUST IMAGINE FOR A MOMENT: japanese companies like Treasure, Taito, Sega, etc., programming IN-HOUSE for the Amiga... Alien Soldier on the Amiga. Sonic Team doing Puyo Puyo Amiga or Chu Chu Rocket Amiga. Drool-o-rama.
Quote:
A decent port of Power Drift. Anywany, that would be asking too much, I haven't see one single decent port of it.
Saturn port is quite decent!
Old 17 August 2002, 07:08   #19
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:

I have to transfer it to my meega and tell you how it is, but from the looks of it, it's just like the PC version (ie quite fucking good)
The PC version indeed is excellent.

[QUOTE]
Not a problem, if the PROBE dreamteam would have handled the conversion. They did MK and MK2, NBA Jam was a piece of cake for them IMO. I wish they had converted japanese arcades.
[QUOTE]

You mean, the 1 button problem isn't a problem? Hardware aside, I am sure Probe could have easily done it. Now I am interested of how the could convert it to 1 button. I personally have some ideas of how it could be done, but none of them are THAT good.

Quote:
Dunno how much pixel can the A1200 push, so perhaps it can't handle Batsugun. But lots of other could have. And they were not ported just because of the japanese producers' lack of interest in the platform. Someone should have gone to Japan and sold the Amiga to them. They would have made wonders with it. The FEW jap arcade conversions we had were done by european teams. I can only wonder what the japs could have done with this brilliant hardware.
Like you said below, making the right compromises, Batsugun could be ported to the A1200. Agree 100% about Japs making stuff for the Amiga

Quote:
If the GBA got KOF, I don't think they would be many! GBA KOF must be at the most 64Mbit, that's about 8 disks. Shaq Fu had 6 and it was cack And the NeoGeo Pocket has a KOF in 16Mbits. As I always say, with teh right compromises, ANY game can be ported to any platform!
I know the Game Boy version of KOF (The CLASSIC gameboy), and it's excellent. 8 Disks for me is a little too much, but anyway, like you said, Shaq Fu was in 6 and it sux bad

Quote:
That's what I just said about the jappers. JUST IMAGINE FOR A MOMENT: japanese companies like Treasure, Taito, Sega, etc., programming IN-HOUSE for the Amiga... Alien Soldier on the Amiga. Sonic Team doing Puyo Puyo Amiga or Chu Chu Rocket Amiga. Drool-o-rama.
Alien Soldier and Gunstar Heroes for Amiga...... Goddamn, it makes me feel crazy just to think about it . Like I said, I agree it's a shame the japs didn't do Amiga games. Oh, and Puyo Puyo is from COMPILE, damn! I am tired of people stealing Puyo Puyo from them!

Quote:
Saturn port is quite decent!
You once told me about the Saturn port, and that time you told me people had told you the Saturn version was "alright", but still wasn't in the same level of the arcade one..
Strange how it needed a 32 bit system to get a decent conversion, being such an OLD game.

Power Drift and Daytona USA are the 2 games I spent more coins at Arcade (Damn Sega )
Old 17 August 2002, 07:28   #20
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally posted by Shatterhand
Oh, and Puyo Puyo is from COMPILE, damn! I am tired of people stealing Puyo Puyo from them!
Nope, Sega bought it, it's not theirs anymore It's been like this for many years! The NGPC Puyo Puyo is done by Sega and Copyrighted to Sega too.