English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 18 November 2005, 01:52   #1
SeeD32

64 Amiga Format magazine Issues on ebay now!

Hi guys,

Not posted here for a while, but I still own my amigas, just thought I'd let you know I'm auctioning off my entire collection of Amiga Format magazines (not complete, but a good bundle) on ebay until sunday 27th Nov.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Copy and paste in browser to view.

Might also be auctioning a few chosen games such as Goal, Monkey Island 1 & 2, Rise of the Dragon, Heart of China, Lure of the Temptress etc, all fully boxed and instructioned and in MINT condition. Is there much call for these games now? Not been online or on ebay (or on here for that matter!) for a year now so just wondering if much interest?

Cheers for reading! =)
Old 20 November 2005, 15:33   #2
SeeD32

New & Revised!!!

Ok ppl, after quite a few requests, I've abolished the dreaded reserve price, and set it at an opening bid of just £35, with a lower Buy It Now of just £65! This should help all those wishing to bid who aren't in the UK and worried about the shipping costs.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=6989438911

Cheers everyone! =)
Old 21 November 2005, 03:18   #3
BippyM
Global Moderator

Price is still far too expensive!

I have more issues than that and I wouldn't imagine I could sell mine for that kind of price!

Also the postage is far, far too high!

If you sell this lot on ebay for the price you are asking I'll be mightily impressed and will bow down!
Old 21 November 2005, 03:26   #4
forumbase
Zone Friend

i agree with bippym plus £40 for p+p i rather pickup.

bippym are you planning on selling your magazines.
Old 21 November 2005, 09:14   #5
BippyM
Global Moderator

Uhmm.. no sorry!
Old 21 November 2005, 11:10   #6
kriz

Hehe this was way over prized IMHO
Old 21 November 2005, 16:24   #7
SeeD32

Ammended... again!

Hi guys,

I went back to my post office and asked for standard postage rate this time rather than Parcel Force 48. The new shipping price IS much lower now at £25 UK p&p.

IT's just that I wanted to offer fast 48 hour shipping, but was quoted an amazing £54.70 to ship to say Inverness Scotland (and that's assuming they let me send it slightly over 30kgs all in 1 box!!!)

So yep... now sticking to standard rate shipping, at approx £12 per box seems to be far better.

I've also modified the starting (£25) and buy-it-now prices (hey I would have paid that much for it! lol but maybe it's just me).

Cheers for your comments though, I was miles off on that one and didn't know otherwise!
Old 21 November 2005, 18:30   #8
BippyM
Global Moderator

with most auctions unless you absolutely want a definate price then you should start auctions at say £1 and set the reserve to your min (say £25).

I guarantee if it's gonna sell you have more chance as members will be fighting against each other and not thinking you are trying to rip 'em off etc..

New prices are better
Old 21 November 2005, 21:10   #9
SeeD32

interesting idea

Well I would do that, but ebay says reserve price has to be set at £50 or more! So that's why I've had no choice but to set the auction at starting of £25... anyway thanks for your tips, I've been away from any pc for so long now, getting back to grips with everything and the changes in rules (ebays reserve used to be any set value!)
Old 26 November 2005, 02:18   #10
Turbo2Xs
Zone Friend

Send a message via Yahoo to Turbo2Xs
Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym
Price is still far too expensive!

I have more issues than that and I wouldn't imagine I could sell mine for that kind of price!

Also the postage is far, far too high!

If you sell this lot on ebay for the price you are asking I'll be mightily impressed and will bow down!
I had a discussion regarding this type of issue on other forums and it comes down to: If you can get a better deal - do so.

Myself, I have abandoned the thought of selling my games and mags as people don't seem to understand that what I concider selling is a piece of history, not something you can just run out and buy.

I used the example that, say I have XX mags or XX games: WHY would I sell any single one at a cut throat price when the end result is me spending the pittance you gave in mere minutes and fracturing my collection while you enjoy you're acquisition for YEARS?

Perhaps eBay has screwed us by planting the thought that you can get anything on the cheap?

I payed US $14.99 APEICE for the more than 150 UK magazines (and 250+ US mags) back in the day. Unlike an old stinky couch, these mags represent a time period that doesn't depreciate at the level of the common USED GOODS.

I say this as a guy who re-reads my mags every few years and get warm fuzzies. If 65 pounds for 64 Issues is to high... well... I am at loss for words...
Old 27 November 2005, 17:08   #11
SeeD32

Thanks Turbo2xs,

That's exactly why I have altered my auction slightly, but since left it alone... if I don't get what I'd hope to get for it then it simply won't sell and I'll at least still feel they are my woderful (almost full) collection.

I've put them on ebay due to the simple fact of: If they DO sell at the price I'd let them go for, I'd willingly let them sell as to be honest, despite loving them to bits, I don't get much time to read them, and have read each one through maybe 6 times since I first got them.

Surely this is what ebay is all about anyway right? Not just selling and buying bargins, but seeing if you can sell something for what you ask for it, if not keep it and be happy!?

It's got about 7 hours left, no bids, but quite a few watchers, so who knows. I've also put two auctions of 50 blank formatted (using X-Copy Pro) amiga disks up on auction as well. Don't call me crazy, it's just that I was expecting to use them myself, so painstakingly formatted each one... these are the best from a selection of over 200 disks, if it formatted without errors then I formatted it again to make sure ( ) ... just never got round to using them and already have many commercial disks.