English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 06 March 2014, 16:32   #201
KombatSanta
Pipboy approved

Send a message via ICQ to KombatSanta
thanks, getting server error when downloading uae4all2 though...
Old 07 March 2014, 14:28   #202
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

KombatSanta,
Mirror uae4all2-src-12022014.tar.gz
Old 07 March 2014, 17:52   #203
TTSAddict
Influence Device

possible to optionally add gyro sensors as mouse input?! imagine rock'n'roll with your gyro sensors in the phone. that would be a blast
also would it be possible to let the user to choose if they want push'n'hold/mousebutton actions triggered by the touchscreen? Because I'd rather switch them off and just use the overlay buttons for mouse button triggering. touchscreen triggering makes it hard to use the mouse in workbench or adventure games if you have to use your fingers (always activating stuff instead of moving the cursor. the screen on my galaxy s1 is too small, I know)
Old 08 March 2014, 00:48   #204
Striker01

Hi,
I am using uae4all2-sdl 2.3.5.2 with a little 8" Android tablet and a real USB mouse connected. I have some Workbench HDF's and mounted directories and would like to do some Workbench emulation. I have troubles with the mouse emulation/movement. The mouse emulation is catastrophical.
I am not able to create a directory cause I can't klick and hit the right button.
Is there a config to setup the Android mouse as Amiga mouse?
The Android mouse (real USB mouse) works perfectly. It would be great if the mouse is in the same way useable like we know it from WinUAE. I don't use the touch screen because the Touchscreen doesn't work good too. Thank you very much. Anyway a great Emulator.
Old 10 March 2014, 14:58   #205
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsaddict View Post
possible to optionally add gyro sensors as mouse input?! Imagine rock'n'roll with your gyro sensors in the phone. That would be a blast :d
also would it be possible to let the user to choose if they want push'n'hold/mousebutton actions triggered by the touchscreen? Because i'd rather switch them off and just use the overlay buttons for mouse button triggering. Touchscreen triggering makes it hard to use the mouse in workbench or adventure games if you have to use your fingers (always activating stuff instead of moving the cursor. The screen on my galaxy s1 is too small, i know)
or marble madness, .
Old 10 March 2014, 16:07   #206
steviebwoy

Can you pair a PS3 pad to work with UAE4All2? I'm itching to play Sensible World of Soccer on the move but it really needs a pad in order to play well..

Also, does the App have a Save State option? I see that Cloanto have released Amiga Forever - is this better than UAE4All?
Old 10 March 2014, 16:32   #207
TTSAddict
Influence Device

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviebwoy View Post
Can you pair a PS3 pad to work with UAE4All2? I'm itching to play Sensible World of Soccer on the move but it really needs a pad in order to play well..

Also, does the App have a Save State option? I see that Cloanto have released Amiga Forever - is this better than UAE4All?
I tried by using Sixaxis app, but failed miserably. It got it to work with UAE4Droid but sadly not this one. I bet I just did something wrong and will try again later.
~
Edit:
Yes, Uae4All2 has save state support. But don't try to use it with directory harddisks. Always crashing here when loading a state. But if I recall right, WinUAE doesn't support that either. Try using hdf files if you need harddisk and savestates.
Old 10 March 2014, 18:18   #208
steviebwoy

Okay, so is there a situation where I can play Amiga games (such as SWoS) on an Android device using a PS3 pad that also supports save states?

That's my aim, so what do I need to get there?
Old 10 March 2014, 19:41   #209
TTSAddict
Influence Device

Don't count on the information I can give you, I am an Android-noob. There might be other ways to achieve this, but what I did worked.
You need a rooted phone so this sixaxis-app will work. There is also this compability-checker to test if your device-combination works so you don't need to buy the app to find out. This also needs a rooted phone.

Install and run the checker and wait for errors OR "checking for devices/controllers" message. When that actually pops up, you're halfway through. Keep your display activated or write down your phones bluetooth-ID that is displayed at the bottom of the app-screen.

Download the pairing tool, available here ->
http://www.dancingpixelstudios.com/s...ler/about.html

Connect your PS3-pad via USB to your computer and execute the pairing tool. Change the bluetooth-ID to the one of your phone and click Update. Close the tool.
Make sure that your PS3 (if you own one and it is within bluetooth-vincinity) is completely turned off e.g. powerless.
Disconnect your PS3-pad from your computer and then press its power button. It should connect to your phone, you should see it in the compability checker. When thats done, report back. My fingers are bleeding.

NOTE THE FOLLOWING
Your phone must not be in flight mode or bluetooth cannot be activated.
Your PS3 must not be in standby or even switched on otherwise your pad cannot connect to your phone.

Last edited by TTSAddict; 10 March 2014 at 20:15.
Old 10 March 2014, 21:08   #210
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTSAddict View Post
possible to optionally add gyro sensors as mouse input?
As i remember first versions of uae4all2 had support accelerometer as joystick. But libSDL worked with accelerometer very unstable and support been removed. But if gyroscope or accelerometer sensor will be works stable with latest release of libSDL then i will try to restore support it with uae4all2.
Old 11 March 2014, 18:13   #211
lubomyr
AMIGA EMU DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviebwoy View Post
Can you pair a PS3 pad to work with UAE4All2?
Today received cheap chinese ps3 sixaxis gamepad. Paired it via sixaxis controller with my android device. Next go to Sixaxis settings and select Gamepad settings and put tick to Enable Gamepad. After this step PS3 sixaxis gamepad works fine with uae4all2.
I will try to change gamepad configuration for more friendly use, because some actions will do inconvenience, for example when pressing analog stick we return to menu, it not good.
Old 11 March 2014, 21:31   #212
TTSAddict
Influence Device

Thats some good news. Great that you try to reintroduce gyro support.
I always wondered how developers can say on the play store "this and that input device supported". Can you just use the raw bluetooth input to support - say - a real Dualshock 3 without the need of a different bluetooth driver service? Or is it just direct USB connection? Even that requires a special driver on Windows.
Old 12 March 2014, 10:11   #213
KombatSanta
Pipboy approved

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTSAddict View Post
Thats some good news. Great that you try to reintroduce gyro support.
I always wondered how developers can say on the play store "this and that input device supported". Can you just use the raw bluetooth input to support - say - a real Dualshock 3 without the need of a different bluetooth driver service? Or is it just direct USB connection? Even that requires a special driver on Windows.
Pairing a Dualshock with your android device through USB should not require any tinkering, I'm guessing that's why developers can say that it is supported. It's when pairing via BT that it becomes tricky. But if you root your device, use the sixaxis controller app and change the mac adress on your dualshock... but I guess you already know that
Old 12 March 2014, 10:13   #214
KombatSanta
Pipboy approved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker01 View Post
Hi,
I am using uae4all2-sdl 2.3.5.2 with a little 8" Android tablet and a real USB mouse connected. I have some Workbench HDF's and mounted directories and would like to do some Workbench emulation. I have troubles with the mouse emulation/movement. The mouse emulation is catastrophical.
I am not able to create a directory cause I can't klick and hit the right button.
Is there a config to setup the Android mouse as Amiga mouse?
The Android mouse (real USB mouse) works perfectly. It would be great if the mouse is in the same way useable like we know it from WinUAE. I don't use the touch screen because the Touchscreen doesn't work good too. Thank you very much. Anyway a great Emulator.
I'm not sure what you're asking about.. But if it is about the right mouse button problem when using a physical mouse, I've written a little guide here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=72722
Old 14 March 2014, 12:33   #215
steviebwoy

Are there any other options for controllers on the Nexus 5 that work well with UAE4Droid? Just in case I can't get the PS3 pad to work.
Old 05 April 2014, 15:44   #216
meri

Hello there
Unfortunately i did not manage to run your emulator correctly yet, but from what I've seen until now (mostly gameplay demos inside the games) blew my mind - it is very fast and powerful.
But now lets get to my problems -

Prob1.
For a love of me I cannot get a FIRE button to work. Not sure what info might be useful so I'll just drop everything:
I have nexus7 2013, Android 4.4.2, NOT rooted, bluetooth keyboard and mouse, when using software keyboard i use SwiftKey.
I've tried running Lotus2, Lotus3 and SuperFrog, each time stuck on moment when game expects you to press fire. I've tried pressing/binding everything to my keyboard. Also tried using touchbuttons but none of them worked.

Prob2.
I've managed to create a HDD file and successfully install Workbench 3.x on it, hardware mouse emulation isnt that bad, but it would be lovely to hide android cursor since it distracts from workbench's one - are you aware of any way to hide the cursor?

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work!

Old 06 April 2014, 01:00   #217
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by meri View Post
Hello there
Unfortunately i did not manage to run your emulator correctly yet, but from what I've seen until now (mostly gameplay demos inside the games) blew my mind - it is very fast and powerful.
But now lets get to my problems -

Prob1.
For a love of me I cannot get a FIRE button to work. Not sure what info might be useful so I'll just drop everything:
I have nexus7 2013, Android 4.4.2, NOT rooted, bluetooth keyboard and mouse, when using software keyboard i use SwiftKey.
I've tried running Lotus2, Lotus3 and SuperFrog, each time stuck on moment when game expects you to press fire. I've tried pressing/binding everything to my keyboard. Also tried using touchbuttons but none of them worked.
It should work by default, I have a Nexus 2012 and its fine on that. However the Nexus 2013 is completely different to the 2012 one.
Have you tried messing with the SDL settings at start.

Quote:
Prob2.
I've managed to create a HDD file and successfully install Workbench 3.x on it, hardware mouse emulation isnt that bad, but it would be lovely to hide android cursor since it distracts from workbench's one - are you aware of any way to hide the cursor?

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work!
I cant remember now, I created two, one with RDB and one without.
Which ever one worked I used.
Old 06 April 2014, 11:50   #218
meri

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
It should work by default, I have a Nexus 2012 and its fine on that. However the Nexus 2013 is completely different to the 2012 one.
Have you tried messing with the SDL settings at start.
Thanks for the answer!
I spent some more time fiddling with the settings and keyboard did work only when i turned 'custom controls' off. But when that happens the Fire button is under Home button.. which is kinda difficult to press with small keyboard I'm using (requires FN+Left Arrow to do 'Fire').
I tried rebinding fire to something else but 'custom controls' didnt seem to work.
I also tried binding 'Home' to Q key from under SDL but it doesn't seem to give a sightless amount of shit about that and still doesn't work >.<

Old 06 April 2014, 12:40   #219
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Thanks for the answer!
I spent some more time fiddling with the settings and keyboard did work only when i turned 'custom controls' off. But when that happens the Fire button is under Home button.. which is kinda difficult to press with small keyboard I'm using (requires FN+Left Arrow to do 'Fire').
I tried rebinding fire to something else but 'custom controls' didnt seem to work.
I also tried binding 'Home' to Q key from under SDL but it doesn't seem to give a sightless amount of shit about that and still doesn't work >.<
The home button bar is an issue. simply press home, then select recent apps, uae4all2, then it should remove home bar.
Old 06 April 2014, 13:25   #220
meri

No no, you misunderstood
By the home button I meant the home button on the physical keyboard - Fire options is bound to it and the only way to press 'Home' for me is to press Function Key + Left Arrow.
It makes playing with the keyboard impossible and any way of rebinding i could think of so far did not work.