English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 02 September 2018, 09:41   #1
beaglelover

Front ends GUI best one for Amiga?

I have used FS-UAE and it worked great. Really impressed with it.

I have seen some screenshots of other ones, gamebase amiga in particular but curious what everyone else uses or prefers?, I don't understand how to setup the game base amiga emulator, FSUAE is easier it seemed, however can anyone walk me through the other ones like gamebase? I want one that is simple to run and setup but has a nice organization like how gamebase looks ( all the games come in a simple text list with screenshot of the game next to it this is cool!. thanks and can a netbook be good enough to run all the amiga games and support with usb joystick?

PS: I've lately become fascinated with small and minimalist technology the computer im using is an old toshiba nb525 netbook from 2005 ( the little bugger cost me just ) 50CAD... pocket change really... lloll!
Old 02 September 2018, 12:49   #2
DamienD
Banned

For me I prefer to use WinUAE; thanks to Toni's awesome addition of the "boxart" panel

Besides being the best Amiga emulator around and given most people know how to use this already; it's very easy to add in configurations / games, screenshots and titles unlike GameBase Amiga or FS-UAE Arcade.

...see here for how I've set everything up in my project: DamienD's WinUAE Collection

Last edited by DamienD; 02 September 2018 at 13:45.
Old 10 October 2018, 21:30   #3
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Bit late on this one, but just wanted to share something regarding best GUI for amiga. At the moment at home I am using LaunchBox with FS-UAE.

I will post pictures of setup later when I get home.

IMHO it just looks cool and works great for me. (I use it for all emulation)
Old 19 October 2018, 00:07   #4
Gaelion

GUI wise, I'd recommend FS-UAE. Great interface, very clean and nice, very easy to setup and very complete with its online library feature.

If you want to tweak around (play a lot with settings, savesates,) ... then I'd go with WinUAE.