English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 25 July 2012, 14:26   #1
spanner
none

I have 2 Versions of classic WB on my Amiga,Classic ADVSP on DH0 and Clasic WB Lite on DH1(I have partitioned the drive).

When I hold down the right mouse on start up the Boot menu comes up but if I click on Run List it don't come up(don't work)..?

I click on command output in the BMX editor and this is what it says when I click on Runlist:
"Assign failed returncode 20
Command Failed"

Last edited by prowler; 25 July 2012 at 21:06. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Old 25 July 2012, 15:47   #2
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
I think the problem here is that the two versions of CWB have conflicting 'assigns' I would suggest just using one version at a time, they both have the run list and minimum startup scipts.

You could always do what I do and have a couple of different CF's with different installs on them, I don't bother putting the screws back in my A1200 but you can mount the CF somewhere accessible (without openeing the case) and then you will easily be able to swap setups.

All the best,

Steve.
Old 25 July 2012, 17:26   #3
zipper

I used to start my scripts (startup-sequence mostly ) with failat 21 so they could continue even when errors pop up. Easier to fix, then.
Old 25 July 2012, 21:46   #4
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hi Spanner. I've got the same CWBs in different partitions in a CF Hardrive, and I can use without problems the right button startup (although what I use more is both buttons for the early menu to boot from the second bootable partition).

So no idea what your problem is. Here it works perfect.

Edit: "Assign failed". Do you have assigned something wrong? Start CWBAdvSp and run a shell:
ed s:assign-startup
and see if everything is ok as you want (as you have) it.

Anyway, make also
ed s:startup-sequence
and see if you have running as I told you, exactly
C:dismount DH1
near the end of the startup sequence, because it can be as Fitzsteve says; if you are running both bootable partitions at the same time, perhaps there is a problem to use the BMX as it's using both partitions with different assigns to different places. I think it's that, so use dismount.

BTW you should have more than 2 partitions. I would say 3. In the third you put the Games, Demos and Music (I call mine Multimedia). If you don't do so, you would have to repeat them in both partitions because for example booting DH0 and using dismount you can't use the games you have in DH1.
Later you run the command I've said of s:assign-startup and you change where it assigns A-games or A-demos or whatever and you change it to have for example:
Assign >NIL: A-Games: Multimedia:Games
and so on, and later you boot from DH1 and you assign them the same.

Later for CWBLite 1.3 theme you right click on the Games icon on the Workbench screen and select position, put away, as it will be empty of games. If you want that icon outside, as I do, and usable, I copied that drawer in my Multimedia partition, where later I've put all the games, so I did in my Games icon there right click, position, leave out.

Last edited by Retrofan; 27 July 2012 at 00:03.
Old 27 July 2012, 02:50   #5
spanner
none

well I have sorted now,I use boot menu to boot up tiny launcher so i have all my memory available..
Old 27 July 2012, 10:19   #6
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

That's ok, but use dismount in DH0 as I've said to avoid the problem with the BMX.

Last edited by Retrofan; 27 July 2012 at 18:46.
Old 27 July 2012, 12:55   #7
spanner
none

Got my Cf adapter today so I am taking out the old HD to put this in,I hope it works..