English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 04 February 2015, 09:40   #1
jonssonj

After installation of OS4.1 I only get the 3.1 flash screen

Hello!

I followed this guide, step by step

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=75264

The installation went almost fine, I got a read/write error when the installation got to about 95%, but then I just left it and after a while it continued by itself.

When I eject the bootfloppy and the CD and restart WinUAE and load my OS4Config and select start, I just get the kickstart 3.1 start screen, requesting for a floppy disc.

I have tried two times now, with the exact same result, so I really don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I would be very happy for any hint what I'm doing wrong here.

Here Is my WinUAE logs and config. I'm using the stable 3.0.0 in this case.

winuae_debug.txt

OS4.1 Classics.uae

BR
Jörgen
Old 04 February 2015, 12:14   #2
jonssonj

Ok, I came one step further. The step by step guide did not check the boot priority checkbox, I did that and set the boot priority to 0, and now the harddrive boots up. But I get a 68k unknown version error message, and then the PPC starts running and I'm presented with the "Amiga OS 4.1..." and after about 7 seconds the screen goes black and nothing else happens.

PPC is in RUN, 68K is in STOP, FPS jumps between 49.9 and 50.7.

I will try to install it from scratch one more time and install it directly from the CD player in my PC instead of from an ISO file, and see if I get an installation error this time also. I don't know if it is that, that is the problem or not.

Here is my WinUAE 3.0.0 logs and config

winuae_debug.txt

OS4.1 Classics_V2.uae

BR
Jörgen
Old 04 February 2015, 12:33   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

What is "unknown m68k version error" message? Screenshot?
Old 04 February 2015, 19:10   #4
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Also how long did you wait after OS4.1 boot screen? as depending on your PC setup it can take a while. My dual core laptop takes about 1 mins to come off blank screen.
What happens if you hold both mouse buttons to get into OS4.1 early startup menu. As your seeing the OS4.1 boot screen, that means its loaded the kernel modules and is trying to boot OS4.1.
Old 04 February 2015, 20:37   #5
jonssonj

@Toni

The "68k unknow version..." message is displayed in an amiga dos window, just before the processor switch over to PPC. I will see if I can catch it on a screen shot.

@FOL
I let it be for a long time, maybe 10 minutes or so. Nothing happened. I have not tried the two mousebuttons, I can try that.
Old 04 February 2015, 20:43   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Perhaps it does not like your KS ROM. OS4 enables CSPPC map rom and patches rom with code that runs PPC code immediately after next boot.

Some older Cloanto ROMs are not 100% identical to official ones.
Old 04 February 2015, 22:27   #7
jonssonj

I got one step further again. Under Quickstart I chose Host Configuration as "Host\Fullscreen (800x600).uae" This file was one of the files that was uploaded to the zone, by the writer of the guide that I followed.

Now the OS starts up, but becuase of read errors from my cd there is some stuff that is missing.

My question is, How do I create a Host configuration file in WinUAE? Do I have to have it in fullscreen to get picture? Max resolution that I could select in the OS was 1024x768, is this the limit of the picasso IV hardware?

The ROM:s that I'm using are from Amiga Forever 2013 DVD, so I think they are relatively new. I think I have an rom from my old A1200 laying around on my harddrive somewhere, would it be possible to use that? I guess not?

And, by the way Toni, I really appreciate your hard work on WinUAE!

BR
Jörgen
Old 05 February 2015, 09:13   #8
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Host config should not have any effect. Host config = host part of config comes from different config file (instead of main config file).

btw, your config has A590/A2091 with ROM disabled state. It means expansion is enabled without ROM. ROM box should be empty to disable it.
Old 05 February 2015, 10:54   #9
fryguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonssonj View Post
I got one step further again. Under Quickstart I chose Host Configuration as "Host\Fullscreen (800x600).uae" This file was one of the files that was uploaded to the zone, by the writer of the guide that I followed.

Now the OS starts up, but becuase of read errors from my cd there is some stuff that is missing.

My question is, How do I create a Host configuration file in WinUAE? Do I have to have it in fullscreen to get picture? Max resolution that I could select in the OS was 1024x768, is this the limit of the picasso IV hardware?

The ROM:s that I'm using are from Amiga Forever 2013 DVD, so I think they are relatively new. I think I have an rom from my old A1200 laying around on my harddrive somewhere, would it be possible to use that? I guess not?

And, by the way Toni, I really appreciate your hard work on WinUAE!

BR
Jörgen
You can atleast get 1280x720 in OS4. If you edit the tooltypes of the file (not sure what it's called) in Monitors, you can add 1280x720@60 (not sure that's correct syntax but you can check the strings already there).
Old 05 February 2015, 12:37   #10
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by fryguy View Post
You can atleast get 1280x720 in OS4. If you edit the tooltypes of the file (not sure what it's called) in Monitors, you can add 1280x720@60 (not sure that's correct syntax but you can check the strings already there).
MODE=1366x768@60

You can also add them in prefs.
For some modes it will cause crashing as the Picasso IV cant handle the higher size / colours.
Old 14 April 2015, 22:43   #11
hiho

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
MODE=1366x768@60

You can also add them in prefs.
For some modes it will cause crashing as the Picasso IV cant handle the higher size / colours.
I've added 1366x768 to the monitor but it never appears under available modes. Is there something else that needs to be done?

I running the 4.1 Final Edition with WinUAE 3.0.0.