English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 01 August 2015, 11:02   #81
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_3200b6.7z

Beta 6

- Bridgeboard floppy drive motor and click sound supported.
- x86 CPU status string was visible even when bridgeboard was not active.
- Added software readable A4091 DIP switches and Warp Engine SCSI jumpers to GUI. Note that default jumper state for Warp Engine is "No autoboot", you need to set all 3 jumpers to re-enable previous autoboot configuration.
- Even more Z2 and Z3 board address validation, do not map the board if OS attempts to map it over any existing mapped space. Some Z2/Z3 boards didn't use validating memory bank map routines.
- A590 XT drive emulation uses now generic "custom" HD emulation like all recently added MFM/RLL controllers. Automatic geometry fixing removed, it can cause problems.
- Fixed A590 XT random bug that tried to start DMA transfer middle of command phase in some situations.
- Remember last open Expansion panel expansion device, saved to config file.
- A2286 "The Real Time Clock has not been initialized." message is gone.
- A2386SX CMOS RAM size fixed, but BIOS still complains about invalid configuration and setup screen shows incorrect extended RAM size. (Why? Early boot phase extended RAM size counter is correct.) Floppy drive access also seems to stall for 5s+ regularly and then work normally again.
- Added x86 bridgeboard AT IDE drive emulation. Selection under IDE controllers. Only A2286 and A2386SX have BIOS support for AT IDE. At least fdisk and formatting confirmed working.
- Added IDE commands 0x40 and 0x41 (READ VERIFY SECTOR(S)), BIOS code uses it during formatting.
- Added support for XTIDE Universal BIOS (https://code.google.com/p/xtideuniversalbios/) See notes.
- Added supprtt for IDE emulation 8-bit data port width. (XT mode XTIDE Universal BIOS)
- Only show SASI harddrive types if selected controller uses SASI-like commands.
- Cirrus Logic hardware emulation text modes used graphics mode resolution when selecting host screen size. Larger than 8 pixel font width text mode was too narrow.
- Added x86 VGA board emulation (uses already existing Cirrus Logic emulation).

x86 bridgeboard VGA notes:
- Does not autoswitch, use END+F9 to switch between screens.
- Empty Amiga-side Janus PC window must still be open to enable keyboard input.
- It is not possible (at least not yet) to have Amiga RTG board enabled at the same time.
- VGA uses A0000-BFFFF, make sure bridgeboard "Address Sector" does not conflict. (Bad memories are starting to return from PC DOS era...)

RTG ROM configuration notes:
- Expansion panel has new "RTG board" category that currently lists 2 boards that need rom image, Picasso IV and x86 bridgeboard VGA ISA card.
- This selection is currently a special case: selected ROM gets automatically removed when RTG board is changed, always use RTG panel first to select the board, then Expansion panel to set the ROM.
- If Picasso IV ROM is not selected ("ROM disabled"): old rom loading method is used. In other words, you can ignore whole RTG ROM configuration if you are never going to use x86 bridgeboard VGA card.
- Probably any old ISA Cirrus Logic GD542x VGA ROM can be used, for example http://www.vgamuseum.info/index.php/...ogic-cl-gd5420 or http://www.nongnu.org/vgabios/ seems to work.

XTIDE Universal BIOS notes:
- BIOS is loaded at 0xEC000 to guarantee it becoming last BIOS extension, it is required to make it work properly if there are other extensions (Janus handler/library). Make sure bridgeboard "Address sector" is not conflicting (D0000-DFFFF works fine, for some reason no BIOS checks A0000 to AFFFF region but it is documented as existing option in hardware).
- Uses Universal BIOS defaults (IO address base 0x300, no interrupt).
- A1060 and A2088 confirmed working.

Bridgeboard stuff is now mostly complete, only remaining problem is A2386SX stalls, possibly floppy controller/interrupt related.
Old 01 August 2015, 11:49   #82
miggymac

Fantastic work, Toni! Just a little thought: Would it be possible to add support for Mac emulation cards like Emplant, A-Max, or Atari ST/TT emulation cards like Medusa, Chamäleon or Amtari?
Old 01 August 2015, 12:37   #83
AVH_2009
A1200ERC

Hi Tony,
i have tryed out version b6 with config from earlyer version and get an chrash. Minidump, config and Logfile atteached to.
With b4 the config and hdf- form OS4FE works fine.
(Edit: b5 is working to! tested this time. see screenshot)

And one error i think i found to!
The romscan with subfolders shows me that the Picasso IV rom is exist,
but if i load a config with Picasso IV Board, an error appears thats says,
Picasso-IV_rom not found.

If i copy the romfile out of the subfolder to roms\ everything works.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WinUAE_b5.JPG
Views:	415
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	44927  
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (11.1 KB, 191 views)
File Type: dmp winuae_3.2.0_b6_2015.08.01_12.25.20.dmp (106.3 KB, 195 views)
File Type: uae AmigaOS41FE_Arbeitsumgebung.uae (19.3 KB, 197 views)

Last edited by AVH_2009; 01 August 2015 at 12:45. Reason: added screenshot from b5
Old 01 August 2015, 13:07   #84
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVH_2009 View Post
Hi Tony,
i have tryed out version b6 with config from earlyer version and get an chrash.
Does it only happen if Picasso IV is enabled?
Old 01 August 2015, 13:07   #85
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggymac View Post
Fantastic work, Toni! Just a little thought: Would it be possible to add support for Mac emulation cards like Emplant, A-Max, or Atari ST/TT emulation cards like Medusa, Chamäleon or Amtari?
Someone needs to find specs or reverse-engineer them. (=not me). A-Max ROM board is already supported.
Old 01 August 2015, 13:26   #86
AVH_2009
A1200ERC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Does it only happen if Picasso IV is enabled?
Yes it only apears when a config with RTG_Board is loaded.
Old 01 August 2015, 14:45   #87
mark_k

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggymac View Post
Would it be possible to add support for Mac emulation cards like Emplant, A-Max, or Atari ST/TT emulation cards like Medusa, Chamäleon or Amtari?
Medusa and Chamäleon are simple hardware dongles used for ROM reading. (The Medusa v1 board shown at amiga.resource.cx doesn't have a ROM socket, though the description there says it does???)
The Amtari board looks similar. Reverse-engineering either of those should be fairly simple. Anyone want to lend me the hardware? Is the Amtari software available online?

A-Max II+ and Emplant boards contain 6522 VIA(s) and Z80 SCC in addition to ROM sockets. Presumably they are mapped to the same address ranges as a real Macintosh. It probably wouldn't be necessary to fully emulate the SCC.
Old 01 August 2015, 23:26   #88
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_k View Post
Is the Amtari software available online?
Amtari 3.1 is in The Zone for you.
Old 04 August 2015, 21:58   #89
ozziefirst

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, if not, sorry

I'm nothing more then an amiga nostalgic buff who enjoys putting together old
configs of amiga's I've owned in the past and play with in WinUAE. I was setting up a new A500_OCS, 1 meg chip, 1 meg slow, 1.3 ROM and 80 meg HD which worked with WinUAE 3.1, 3.2 beta1-4 but fails with beta 5 or 6. It starts loading getting to the first part of startup then goes to black screen and stalls forever.

I've attached winuaebootlog and winuaelog for B4, B5 and B6.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z WinUAElogs.7z (7.0 KB, 195 views)
Old 05 August 2015, 02:38   #90
rhester72

As far as I know, OCS (or more correctly, the original Agnus) didn't support more than 512MB chip and 512MB slow.

Rodney
Old 05 August 2015, 04:04   #91
ozziefirst

Yes that is true, but I bought my first A500 used with a Fat Agnus installed and used the hardware hack to get 1 meg chip memory.
Old 05 August 2015, 08:25   #92
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Your config is not something that can exist in real world: OCS Agnus, 1M chip and 1M slow RAM. At least ECS Agnus should be enabled. 1M Chip + any slow RAM is also normally not possible, at least without extra hardware hacks but it shouldn't cause any weird side-effects. Wrong Agnus will.
Old 05 August 2015, 21:10   #93
mritter0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVH_2009 View Post
And one error i think i found to!
The romscan with subfolders shows me that the Picasso IV rom is exist,
but if i load a config with Picasso IV Board, an error appears thats says,
Picasso-IV_rom not found.

If i copy the romfile out of the subfolder to roms\ everything works.
I have the same problem with beta6, with it in ROMS root folder. It works fine with beta5. Using same config.

You once mentioned breaking the ROMs down into "better" sub-folders; still coming?

Video, Audio, CPU (CyberStorm, Blizzard), BridgeBoard. etc.
Old 05 August 2015, 21:36   #94
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mritter0 View Post
I have the same problem with beta6, with it in ROMS root folder. It works fine with beta5. Using same config.
winuae.7z should already fix it.

Quote:
You once mentioned breaking the ROMs down into "better" sub-folders; still coming?

Video, Audio, CPU (CyberStorm, Blizzard), BridgeBoard. etc.
I think I said that it is possible to put rom files in sub-folders and rom scanner still finds them. (Paths panel, "Scan subfolders"). Organization of ROMs is still user's problem
Old 06 August 2015, 18:04   #95
Zilog

Isa Sound Card.

Hi Tony,
in future program there is too implement a isa sound card for use with Bridgeboard?

Thanks a lot.
By.
Old 07 August 2015, 14:17   #96
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilog View Post
Hi Tony,
in future program there is too implement a isa sound card for use with Bridgeboard?
At least not too soon, ISA and PCI are too different, can't use same chip emulation both in x86 bridge and PCI bridges.
Old 10 August 2015, 00:13   #97
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

will you support 486 bridgeboard ???
ps: Thanks for all this crazy work.
Old 10 August 2015, 00:53   #98
AMIGASYSTEM

I tried to connect with OS4.1 another PC (XP) via Remote Desktop OS4.1, but from what I read HERE seems that the version Remote Desktop that are installed on OS 4.1 may not work correctly. I also tried TwinVNC and even with this software I have not been able to connect to the second PC. This problem may be due to WinUAE that does not yet support this feature?
Old 10 August 2015, 11:36   #99
amigafreak68k

It could be work if you connect to your PC with the public IP or dynamic DNS. Fact is, you AmigaOS 4 network don't see your home network.
Old 10 August 2015, 11:50   #100
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
I tried to connect with OS4.1 another PC (XP) via Remote Desktop OS4.1, but from what I read HERE seems that the version Remote Desktop that are installed on OS 4.1 may not work correctly. I also tried TwinVNC and even with this software I have not been able to connect to the second PC. This problem may be due to WinUAE that does not yet support this feature?
Slirp most likely does not support it (I don't know, or even care as usual ) You may need to use winpcap network mode.