English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 22 June 2015, 23:30   #21
TenLeftFingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixster View Post
I have exactly the same problem as you with regard to it saying there are no monitor drivers installed. Luckily the Retrofan confit files from the big Indivision thread work perfectly so I've not had to worry too much. It's annoying though.
Thanks trixser, I wasn't awaire of the big indivision thread - I will seek it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Thanks for telling @trixter. In fact in the next AKReal 8.5 update I will include the drivers of the Indi MKII (thanks Jens) and using MorpheuZ it will make all the installation easy letting you select among three configs (versions) of mine (HighGFX 800x600, HighGFX 1024x768 or SuperPlus, all with full screen also for games) plus the original V1.2 and it will reflash the core by itself and all you need to have them working.

I tried also Mr.B config as I had interest in bymarcao's config, but it isn't full screen at all for games here, and I didn't like either how it looks on my 16:9 TV. Maybe I am missing something.

Edit: Anyway if it complains about the monitor drivers not installed, just search for them and drop them into SYS: Devs/Monitors and reboot.
Thank RetroFan, that's a great help. I don't understand it all but i'll go looking for those soon. I did use the Hi-Res Laced option today and it filled my entire monitor (which is not widescreen) - that any good to you trixster?
Old 22 June 2015, 23:41   #22
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

HighGFX 1024x768 is the most supported mode, it has worked Full screen from the beginning. You can also try if you have the indivision config V1.2 to change in Sys:Prefs/Screenmode (having first installed HighGFX in devs:monitors) HighGFX high res laced to use 800x600 unchecking the boxes instead of 1024x768. Edit: Sorry no, it doesn't work with the original config.

HighGFX has a problem with some boards (that can be fixed) showing bars when the amiga gets hot.

Last edited by Retrofan; 27 June 2015 at 20:03.
Old 25 June 2015, 13:13   #23
TenLeftFingers

Quote:
HighGFX 1024x768 is the most supported mode, it has worked Full screen from the beginning. As I said you can also try if you have the indivision config V1.2 to change in Sys:Prefs/Screenmode (having first installed HighGFX in devs:monitors) HighGFX high res laced to use 800x600 unchecking the boxes instead of 1024x768.

HighGFX has a problem with some boards (that can be fixed) showing bars when the amiga gets hot.
It seems my monitor doesn't support whatever these modes are outputting. I did download a config posted here (by Hansel75, IIRC) and now the full display is utilised, which is great. I'm not sure which resolution I have though, the one that's printed on the Individual Computers OSD or the Prefernences tool. Anyway, I'm very happy. Only thing left would be to get 50Hz output if possible but I think I'll take a break from all the technical stuff and just play a game for a change
Old 26 June 2015, 12:13   #24
Turran

Considering the ghosting, I had the same thing.

By default the indivision has both VGA and DVI enabled in the config program. Disable the one you do not use should solve it. It really cleaned up the image for me (I use Kipper2ks HDMI output so I disabled VGA on the indivision).

Edit: Just read my old post. I had vertical lines with "DVI & VGA" set, not ghosting. Might be the same thing though.

Last edited by Turran; 26 June 2015 at 12:21.
Old 26 June 2015, 16:16   #25
Amon_RA

Quote:
So what is the fix? Cooling down the Amiga, or is there a software fix for this?
Old 26 June 2015, 17:08   #26
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

You have to solder a pin to both sides of E127R http://aminet.net/package/docs/hard/flickerfix. I had big problems before with HighGFX [ Show youtube player ], [ Show youtube player ] and not now [ Show youtube player ]. But remember, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Thinking now about the ghosting of TenLeftFingers Maybe it could be also caused by a bad cable to the Tv. I also use Kipper's HDMI adapter though and also a fan.

Last edited by Retrofan; 27 June 2015 at 20:15.
Old 27 June 2015, 17:40   #27
Amon_RA

@Retrofan Thank you for the feedback and vids, the ghosting is not that bad on my A1200, just a few small artifacts showing up :

https://goo.gl/photos/x8wicxSCcHYGHkqP6
https://goo.gl/photos/LjFCKAf2QtSV7EPv7

I switched back to SuperPlus and your SuperPlus Mk2cr config in the mean time, I don't feel like soldering or putting a fan on my Mk2cr just yet...
Old 27 June 2015, 20:08   #28
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

In my next AKReal update 8.5 -almost ready- I will include in the new MorpheuZ option to install indivision drivers and configs the one BarryB made based on Bymarcao's config. It works nice if you use 4:3, although I don't have a 4:3 Tv and only can try it on my 16:9 one. It isn't full screen with games, but the transition between the modes is perfect and the games use very near 50Hz.

BTW my excuses because I said that you can try HighGFX 800x600 with the original V1.2, but you can't.

Last edited by Retrofan; 24 July 2015 at 23:18.
Old 29 June 2015, 10:35   #29
trixster
Guru Meditating

What version is the config at now? 1.3?
Old 29 June 2015, 10:42   #30
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

No, they have them here http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/Indivision_AGA_MK2
It's V1.2
Old 06 July 2015, 00:21   #31
TenLeftFingers

Workbench was looking great (no borders so fullscreen) but some games were clipped around the edges. So I loaded a config I found on Amiga.org and now I just have a black screen. I don't have a CRT. Is there a way to reset the device?

Edit: I found a monitor to take the high res. But I'm still interested in how you would handle the scenario where too high a res was accidentally set and no screen could take it!

Also, can anyone explain why Workbench looks perfect, using the entire screen (1280x1024) but games get switched to 640x512 and have the 4 sides cropped a little? I would like to get both of these looking good before I go on a quest for 50Hz output.

Last edited by TenLeftFingers; 06 July 2015 at 00:36.
Old 06 July 2015, 09:17   #32
Amon_RA

Games switch to PAL and use the according PAL resolution you have defined in the config you loaded. Click on PAL in the config tool and select a higher resolution than 640x512, test it first (press ESC if you don't like it or get a black screen), only then save it.
Old 06 July 2015, 10:10   #33
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenLeftFingers View Post
Workbench was looking great (no borders so fullscreen) but some games were clipped around the edges. So I loaded a config I found on Amiga.org and now I just have a black screen. I don't have a CRT. Is there a way to reset the device?.
Boot without startup-sequence and type
Code:
delete sys:prefs/env-archive/sys/screenmode.prefs
Then reboot and load another Indivision config with the Indivision program in Prefs. Also try and save a screenmode.
The amiga can complain at any moment that there is no screenmode configuration, but it will finally let you save it.

Last edited by Retrofan; 06 July 2015 at 10:34.
Old 06 July 2015, 19:09   #34
TenLeftFingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon_RA View Post
Games switch to PAL and use the according PAL resolution you have defined in the config you loaded. Click on PAL in the config tool and select a higher resolution than 640x512, test it first (press ESC if you don't like it or get a black screen), only then save it.
Thanks Amon_RA. Now I can play with that setting without loosing my working workbench setup. But increasing the VGA setting just gives me the same cropped image shrunk down, leaving a black border.

Quote:
Boot without startup-sequence and type
Code:
delete sys:prefs/env-archive/sys/screenmode.prefs
Then reboot and load another Indivision config with the Indivision program in Prefs. Also try and save a screenmode.
The amiga can complain at any moment that there is no screenmode configuration, but it will finally let you save it.
Thanks again Retrofan. I did try that but still got the black screen. Maybe the screenmode choice gets flashed to the AGA card rather than put in the startup-sequence? Anyway, good to know where the file is, thank you.
Old 06 July 2015, 21:10   #35
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Well, if you delete the screenmode.prefs it boots with Pal here. If that screenmode also gives the black screen then you would need to reflash the core of the indivision, which is far more difficult from the shell, so in that case you better connect to a monitor without using the indi.
Old 13 July 2015, 23:29   #36
trixster
Guru Meditating

Any update on a config which gives full screen 800x600 for workbench and near full screen 50hz for games?
Old 13 July 2015, 23:58   #37
TenLeftFingers

I haven't figured out a decent PAL setting trixter. I've actually gotten tired of all the messsing around with settings amd haven't used my Amiga in two weeks as a result.

Ill back on the horse again but at the moment I'm getting cropped picture at all resolutions.

Sent from Ubuntu Touch using the Forum Browser app
Old 14 July 2015, 00:03   #38
trixster
Guru Meditating

Well Retrofan's Superplus config provides a perfectly full screen 800x600 WB and a virtually full screen games mode, it's just the games are at 60hz...
Old 14 July 2015, 00:11   #39
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

All of the best available configs: SuperPlus 800x600 with full screen for both WB and games, HighGFX 800x600 the same, HighGFX 1024x768 the same and the newest (better for 4:3 monitors) BarryB´s based on Bymarcao´s config for Pal full screen and games not full screen but near 50Hz and the best transition between modes (the one Novacoder uses) will be available to run with my AKReal 8.5 update in a couple of days with an automatic installer

Last edited by Retrofan; 14 July 2015 at 00:42.
Old 14 July 2015, 10:50   #40
trixster
Guru Meditating

Will your update be a simple update for WB 3.1 machines? I'm not sure what AKReal is.