English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 14 October 2012, 10:40   #161
MadAngus
AMOS Documentation

The author would get credited on the front page with a link to their web page. Also if the author permits it the mp3's could be archived with the credit and web link.

Quote:
player there to play them ramdomly
Idea noted.
Old 18 October 2012, 01:47   #162
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAngus View Post
Right folks for this week I need a new Humble Pie mp3! for the front page, so if you've created a music mod or a piece of game music submit it here.

Say about 1 - 3 mins, in mp3 format. Nothing rude.

Posted on UltimateAmiga, EAB and AmiBay. earliest submission in between these sites (only one), gets used.

I won't be archiving the Humble Pie mp3's, they'll be replaced each week, that is unless the community wants them archived.

The mp3 will be updated late Sunday night.

[Edit] So that the this site doesn't get overloaded with mp3's please submit your mp3 on the UltimateAmiga thread -> Here or provide a link to it.

Must be your own work.

Cheers, and we're only getting started.
Quote:
The author would get credited on the front page with a link to their web page. Also if the author permits it the mp3's could be archived with the credit and web link.

Idea noted.
With good music I would use more your web
Old 18 October 2012, 13:41   #163
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:

Idea noted.
We could always breakout KG's player. He kindly gave us permission to use it a while back, but never got round to implementing it.
My self and TCD worked on it for a week or so, few things that we were trying to workout with it.

I could also try and get the ice cast server working at home, and have a radio station.
I miss the amigagames.com radio player. If it wasnt for that, I would have never discovered amigaremix.com
Old 23 October 2012, 23:48   #164
MadAngus
AMOS Documentation

Before I make the new AIAB links page live, I would like to ask permission to use the EAB logo and link to the forum in the AIAB "Friends of AIAB" section.

You can see the sample links page here -> AIAB Links

That page is not directly linked to the AIAB page.

Also is there a pre-written preferred EAB description that should be used.

Cheers
Old 24 October 2012, 00:07   #165
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Also is there a pre-written preferred EAB description that should be used.

Cheers
There you go: http://old.abime.net/?go=banners
Old 24 October 2012, 00:18   #166
MadAngus
AMOS Documentation

Cheers,

I'll be sure to add that banner/link.

However would it be Ok to have a direct link to EAB as well, as is in the sample page, I really like this forum.
Old 24 October 2012, 00:26   #167
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Of course it'd be okay to link here
Old 24 October 2012, 00:59   #168
MadAngus
AMOS Documentation

Cheers.
Old 27 October 2012, 15:01   #169
MadAngus
AMOS Documentation

Files Removed - Due to some copyright issues regarding some files and packages, and these files/packages not having distribution permissions, all AIAB distributions have been removed temporarily

I have contacted the copyright holders and distribution permission could not be given.

They will be back up once the packages/files in question have been removed. - MadAngus

[Edit] Considering the extra workload and the extent of the file analysis (605 files) required to determine and locate updated packages, don't expect to see much happening on the AIAB site until Christmas.

I'm still looking at a Christmas release for r10.7 though. The analysis so far shows a lot of packages that can be updated so it's definitely worth doing.

Last edited by MadAngus; 28 October 2012 at 01:17.
Old 28 October 2012, 00:05   #170
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Ouch, bloody copyright whingers
Old 21 December 2012, 08:47   #171
elowan

Hello there,

i hope you get my message and like to help me out.

Yesterday, i´ve tried to install AIAB - everything went fine, till an error like "c:wait is an unkown command" occurs
(copying the needed files from Wb3.1 adf works fine, after this there ist something with "pick a screen resolution", but i can´t choose
one - the mentioned error occurs and system crashes)

System: Powerbook G4 (ppc) 1.6Ghz 17" running osx 10.5.8, e-uae 0.8.29 WIP 3 and Hi-Torro for configuration. AIAB is R10c, Kick-ROM 3.1, Wb31.adf

Should i use this: FS_UAE 2.1 (compiled for PPC) and AIAB r10.6?

May someone got a clue on how to work around this "wait is unknown cmd error"?

Best Regards,

ELO

Right after this, the "c: wait - error" pops up...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ami.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	33538  

Last edited by elowan; 21 December 2012 at 12:44.
Old 21 December 2012, 11:01   #172
elowan

Quote:
[Edit] Considering the extra workload and the extent of the file analysis (605 files) required to determine and locate updated packages, don't expect to see much happening on the AIAB site until Christmas.

I'm still looking at a Christmas release for r10.7 though. The analysis so far shows a lot of packages that can be updated so it's definitely worth doing.
Sooooo.. will there be a christmas gift for us?!
Old 21 December 2012, 17:37   #173
MadAngus
AMOS Documentation

@Bamiga2002 and All

Technically the AIAB ultimate site has not been sabotaged, I've had a lot on my plate in the last couple of months, meaning I haven't been getting things done, sorry .

As pedantic about legalities as I can be I need to get realistic on this issue as far as the older versions are concerned. As such I have a 200MB Rar'ed file with all the Original unmodified versions provided by the community organised into folders.

Archive
--r4
--r5
etc.

Files
--audio
--gamepacks
-- r10.6 (Last Jaybee version)
etc.

If EAB is willing they could unpack and store these on their server in an AIAB Legacy folder. What do you think, would it be easier to give temporary access to an ftp folder for upload.

This would alleviate things while I get the finger out, get my ass in gear and get 10.7 out.
Old 21 December 2012, 18:42   #174
MadAngus
AMOS Documentation

@elowan

Ther's an an old tutorial for E-UAE that might help here -> http://www.rhythmiccanvas.com/person...UAE/index.html

For the uaegfx problem this is the advice given.

10. Wait while the installation continues. When the Display Mode Preferences window appears, select your desired screen resolution and bit depth (eg. uaegfx: 800x600 15bit). Then click Save (do NOT click Use).

I'm assuming you are using the MacAIAB-r10c.sit archive. If not let me know and I'll drop it here.

Try the above first.

Also the old AIAB MacUAE tutorial here advises that the copy-files.script should be replace as well as three others.

Hope one of these tutorials has the answer as I don't have a Powerbook to test this on.

Quote:
Sooooo.. will there be a christmas gift for us?!
This is looking unlikely, but I may yet be able to pull it out the bag, all I need is a few miracles.
Old 21 December 2012, 20:26   #175
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
As pedantic about legalities as I can be I need to get realistic on this issue as far as the older versions are concerned. As such I have a 200MB Rar'ed file with all the Original unmodified versions provided by the community organised into folders.

Archive
--r4
--r5
etc.

Files
--audio
--gamepacks
-- r10.6 (Last Jaybee version)
etc.

If EAB is willing they could unpack and store these on their server in an AIAB Legacy folder. What do you think, would it be easier to give temporary access to an ftp folder for upload.

This would alleviate things while I get the finger out, get my ass in gear and get 10.7 out.
Hi MadAngus,

That's a tremendous idea!

Please upload your rar archive to a new 'MadAngus' folder on the EAB File Server in the uploads area (use the Uploader login and password).

From there I will do the necessary unpacking and moving the files about.
Old 21 December 2012, 21:11   #176
elowan

hmmm, just no luck - i tried a bit and got the error message again

But it´s a bit different this time and i got stuck in some kind of infinit install/reboot/try to install/reboot... and so on. Can do a thing, installation goes on till error. (see attachment)

don´t know what else to do...

Mad Angus, i know the tutorial and follow it step by step again and again.. but no success.... MacUAE is for classic Mac OS, i guess - this one does not run on powerbook, just on my old G3 iBook (but this may be much too slow for emulating...)

I really can´t tell, if i got MacAIAB-r10c.sit or not... how can i make sure?

Today i got AIAB r10.6 - but it´s a version for windows i guess... also got no luck with fs-uae 2.1 (someone here on the forum compiled it for ppc osx 10.5.8) - keeps crashing direct on start up... so no good news for this side.

Here is another screen of the error, i am getting now:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ami.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	33544  
Old 21 December 2012, 21:15   #177
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by elowan View Post
I really can´t tell, if i got MacAIAB-r10c.sit or not... how can i make sure?
MacAIAB-r10c.sit - 4,587,536 bytes
MacAIAB-r10b.sit - 4,615,488 bytes
Old 21 December 2012, 21:19   #178
elowan

sry, got it unpacked and didnt keep the archive... any other way to proof?

ahh, got it. There is a textfile "how to make this work" and it states the following:

HOW TO MAKE THIS AIAB ARCHIVE WORK ON A POWERMAC !

1. Send a hello message and thank you to the authors of MacUAE, Owen Blanchard and Marin Saric. Encourage them to update MacUAE ! Also send a thank you to James ("JayBee") Battle for his great AIAB package.

So i guess, it may be the mac-version!

edit: downloaded archive again, it´s 4.587.536 Bytes big, and produces some strange error, when un-packing.
There is some "copyright" letter, don´t know what encoding to pick... tried un-packing with old Stuff it expander - got no warning about this...

maybe this causes the error later on, when try to install AIAB to e-uae hardfile?!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sit.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	33546  

Last edited by elowan; 21 December 2012 at 22:04.
Old 22 December 2012, 01:14   #179
MadAngus
AMOS Documentation

Here are the file hashes for MacAIAB-r10c.sit

CRC32: 1417CD28
MD5: 8C6CA47E110D071FA43D661B4661E28C
SHA-1: 539874E075BF3B5BADE5758ECD10427E133EC6EA

Zoned the MacAIAB-r10c.sit (MacAIAB-r10c.zip) just in case.

I'll also have to look into this further as I'm surprised asl.library can't find reqtools.library, unless it's not there.

[Edit]
I'll download e-uae 0.8.29 WIP 3 for windows and see if these are common errors.
No I won't forgot there isn't any windows binaries for e-uae, Doh!.

I'd like to get to a solution for this for releasing an updated MacAIAB.

Wonder, should the update be called osxAIAB.

@Prowler
AIAB-Originals-File-archive-backup.rar uploaded
AVG Virus Scanned - > Clean

Cheers Prowler , this gives me a bit of breathing space and allows me to concentrate on new updates. Fixed LHA legacy versions can come later apart from r10.6, testing a fixed r10.6 as I write.

I'm going to commit to getting 10.7 updates out by 31 December at the absolute latest (sooner if possible) by hell or high water it will be done. They will be early Alpha releases, just to get something out there for testing.

Last edited by MadAngus; 22 December 2012 at 01:59.
Old 22 December 2012, 15:53   #180
elowan

Thank you for help!

I have downloaded the MacAIAB from the Zone... but get the Same error like above. So i've looked for another Emulator, instead of e-uae.
I get the Same "encoding Warning" like before...

MacUAE won't run on osx, since it's only for Classic OS.

So i've found a 2010? Version of MaxUAE - i'll Try this One later on.

The missing Library error is caused by e-uae, i guess?

And yes, if you compile a mac-version, Running on osx, you should Label it acordingly
Maybe separate between Intel Mac and ppc mac

And i will Test it and put it all together, incl config file and install instructions in english and german, so Other users can take advantage of it.

Last edited by elowan; 22 December 2012 at 17:54.