English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 23 January 2005, 13:32   #1
Fenrir

Colgate game?

Sorry, it's just a pedantic question but it's been buzzing in my head for YEARS.
I once owned a Colgate game. It was completely sponsored by Colgate, but appearantly it didn't have any name, or so.

It was a sort of puzzle/scrolling game. You were, like, a tooth and you had to wander inside a mouth. You could see upper and lower jaw, and there were decays who drilled your teeth and built a sort of construction site over cavities. You had to find colgate toothpaste tubes around the mouth and kill the decays and repair the teeth. When one mouth was completely repaired, you jumped on the next level.

I have no idea of the publisher, but the game was smooth, well drawn, discretely addictive and featured some nice animations, even though the SFX were horrible.
It dates back to 1992 I think and I assume it was commercial and not PD (too good to be PD)

On my disk it was called "Harald" or "Hårald", but I don't think it was the real name. Just a Norwegian twist.

Does anyone have some more info?
Old 23 January 2005, 13:45   #2
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

It's called Harald Hårdtand - Kampen Om De Rene Tænder
Old 23 January 2005, 13:50   #3
Fenrir

Ahh thank you very much - so it's Danish not Norwegian.
Weird enough, I remember the title screen very well, and it wasn't like the one on that page at all.
There was a white box window with a Colgate toothpaste tube and some horrible tunes were playing. No title at all. Weird.. could it have been a separate version... maybe the Norwegian one?
oh and it looks like it was never distributed. Too bad. It was very nice.
Old 24 January 2005, 06:19   #4
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

I used to call this game just "Colgate" , and the game was distributed here in Brazil by pirated under the name of "Colgate" too