English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 15 January 2005, 12:39   #1
Android
A1200 Pervert OnBoard

Anyone know how ?

Once ive downloaded all my demo's ...... how do i get em onto non-dos discs ? ...... HHHEEELLLLPPPPPPPPP !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 15 January 2005, 13:17   #2
mr_0rga5m
Tik Gora :D

Just copy the ADF to your Amiga, then use a adf writing proggy from below to write it to a real disk.

*clicky*

( cant remember which i use and i cant 'on' the amiga atm )
Old 15 January 2005, 13:26   #3
Android
A1200 Pervert OnBoard

No u missunderstand, im not using WinUAE, these are lha and dms files ..... im putting em direct onto CD and putting the CD into the Amiga. I dont have an amiga floppy drive connected to the pc.
Old 15 January 2005, 13:42   #4
mr_0rga5m

Your right i didnt understand you, I still dont, I meant on the real amiga (not winuae) to use an adf writer program to write the .adf file back to a disk (in the real amiga drive).
You say they are lha and dms, well the .dms is easy, just use a un-dms program on the amiga to write it back to disk, as for the .lha's, whats in em?, .adf's ? if so just extract to ram or hd and write back as mentioned above. If they are summat else (normal files) then i dunno why you wanna write em to non-dos disks, you need to supply some more info mate.
Old 15 January 2005, 15:10   #5
Dan

dms and lha are packed archive/disc and need extracting programs ,search the aminet for lha and dms.
Old 15 January 2005, 17:47   #6
Android
A1200 Pervert OnBoard

I think were at cross purposes here, i didnt know you could use ADF file on a real amiga, i thought they were proprietory to WinUAE. Bear with me yeah, its been 11 years lol .... im a n00b all over again and having to rediscover the machine

So aminet is my next stop for an undms prog.... will do thx.
Old 15 January 2005, 17:50   #7
Android
A1200 Pervert OnBoard

ok i found this:
http://www.software-facilities.com/a...ware/undms.php

But i dont want to write out an adf file.... im NOT USING AN EMULATOR .... i just simply want to extract demos in DMS format onto an amiga floppy.... how hard can it be !!
Old 15 January 2005, 20:50   #8
mr_0rga5m

Its not hard .. Your not getting it .. Just un-DMS (use DMS, think this is the link) on the real amiga and it will unpack the .dms file and write it to a real disk in the real drive of the real amiga .. really .. it will

(I cant believe you never used DMS in your demo writing amiga using days ... )
Old 16 January 2005, 02:24   #9
Android
A1200 Pervert OnBoard

I wasnt a coder, i was the graphics man of the team..... The only archives i ever used were .PP and .lha, and the only non dos discs i ever wrote were copies that came off the xcopy production line at the computer club using DOSCOPY+ !!!

I know what dms is, ive just never used it.... i kow what devpac is, but i couldnt use it in a month of sundays...... are we on the same level yet ? lol ... art, compacts, spreading, music, doc writer - those were my forte.... oh ya, and editing bootblocks in CygnusEditor & Seek&Destroy
Old 16 January 2005, 02:29   #10
mr_0rga5m

Okey dokey .. Anyhoo have you got them wrote to disk now ?
Old 16 January 2005, 02:38   #11
Android
A1200 Pervert OnBoard

lol i only downloaded the files a second ago

im going to be downloading a shedload of dms'd demos first, then write em all to a joliet cd, then take em downstairs - then basicly go nuts with this dms prog and the hundreds of (now) blank floppies i have.....

Once written out, ill be hooking the amiga upto the DVD recorder and gettin good running versions saved for prosperity. I did some to VHS a few years ago, but they really werent upto much and werent worth keeping..... sold a few though, long b4 the internet and the advent of CD's & DVD's

Itll maybe take a while as ive to hunt down some decent dms sites, i assume places like nectarine and pouet and back to the roots will have dms'd versions, plus im sure some of the old demo guys sites are still floating around - ive already made contact with mahoney and kaktus (now called Visa Roster), Kefrens, Haujobb and TRSI .... the rest will fall into place im sure.... May take a while to fill, but this is the best part of it all ....... again .... the collecting

Thx for the help Ill let you know how it goes.