English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Amiga Forever

Old 05 April 2011, 14:51   #1
HS25

Smile Downloading games on multiple discs

Hi, this forum is great, I just discovered it! I had a question about downloading games on multiple discs. Do you download and unzip each adf image and then use the RP9 converter in Amiga forever? I have done that successfully for one disc games but it is not working for multiple discs. If I click on the adf files it opens up a dialogue but I am not sure where to go from there. Any help would be appreciated!

Old 30 April 2011, 14:26   #2
antonvaltaz

Sorry I've only just seen this, so you may have either worked this out by now (or else given up).

If you want to convert your games to RP9s (which isn't necessary for Amiga Forever, but is definitely recommended), you do indeed download all your ADFs and stick them in a directory somewhere on your PC. Then open the Amiga Forever Player, and from the Tools menu open RP9 Manager. You should find options there to convert your games to RP9.

HOWEVER, sometimes it doesn't work, if it doesn't 'recognise' your particular ADFs. In this case you can manually create your RP9 using a free third-party software called RP9 Editor - download from here.

If you don't want to bother converting them to RP9, then in Windows you can just select all the ADF disk images for that particular game, then right-click on any one and choose Open. If a config requester comes up, then you can choose your Amiga model (basically A500 512k, A500 1MB or A1200 + 8MB RAM expansion). Note that if you do this though, the Amiga Forever Player savestate functionality won't work.