English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Home Projects > project.EAB

Old 15 August 2010, 04:02   #21
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

You click on the multi-quote button for each message you want to quote and then on the quote button once you've selected them all. Not exactly rocket science
Old 16 August 2010, 02:46   #22
exoticaga

Understand but the first button quotes that one. Then if scroll down from the quick reply box i no longer see any buttons to quote further from. Must be a control panel setting i haven't set yet. No problems will look when have time to play with it further. Just thought to let you all know that there may be other problems for some forum users to use multi quote.
Old 16 August 2010, 02:53   #23
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

No. You select all messages/posts you want to quote and on the last one you click on 'Quote' or 'Post Reply'. No idea why you mention the quick reply box. Simply don't use it if you want to quote multiple messages. Quick reply is just that, a quick reply
Old 18 August 2010, 05:33   #24
exoticaga

Maybe it's a javascript thing, if so no bother who needs multi quote. Post here to give another point of view why some may not be using it.

Last edited by exoticaga; 20 August 2010 at 10:24.
Old 18 August 2010, 09:42   #25
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Somehow I think you don't see any buttons here... Which browser are you using? Do you at least see an 'Edit' button on your own posts?

Edit : Just saw that you've edited a post in another thread. Not sure if you ever read the first post here, but have a look :

That's the way how you add posts that you want to quote. No key combination. On the other hand you already said that you know how to do it... I'm still not sure what your point is tbh.

Last edited by TCD; 18 August 2010 at 09:49.
Old 19 August 2010, 01:32   #26
exoticaga

Two pics (left>right)

First picture shows the buttons i have available to use.

Pressing multi quote button ''+ on a post, second picture shows what buttons i then have available for use.

In the second picture, the reply box has the quote out of sight in the pic. Now in any post there are no buttons to press for further multi quotes or other. The only buttons available are the ones to do with the post repy itself, attachments and smilies.

Last edited by exoticaga; 23 August 2010 at 05:21.
Old 19 August 2010, 08:42   #27
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
You select all messages/posts you want to quote and on the last one you click on 'Quote' or 'Post Reply'.
Then all the messages will be in your reply as quotes.
Old 19 August 2010, 23:46   #28
exoticaga

I said what is needed to be said, it's all above, not repeating what have already written. All my above posts explain why this is not possible to do, what you suggest.
Old 19 August 2010, 23:56   #29
DH
Global Moderator

exotica, you really need to try and understand.

You click on the multi quote icon, it'll turn red, if you wish to quote someone else too, click on their posts multi quote icon (turning red)and so on until you have quoted everybody you wish, then finally, press the main quote button on the very last person you wish to quote, then you'll go into the advanced reply page with all the quotes attached in your reply box.

It's easy

Here's an example

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticaga View Post
No way to multi select posts, holding ctrl while selecting doesn't work. Holding shift will select all posts from quote post to next quote post.

Because that is all i have to reply with, i just tried cp setting for wysiwyg and that was the same, have changed it back to advance editing as previous.

Maybe it's a javascript thing, if so no bother who needs multi quote. Post here to give another point of view why some may not be using it.
Quote:
Somehow I think you don't see any buttons here... Which browser are you using? Do you at least see an 'Edit' button on your own posts?

Edit : Just saw that you've edited a post in another thread. Not sure if you ever read the first post here, but have a look :

That's the way how you add posts that you want to quote. No key combination. On the other hand you already said that you know how to do it... I'm still not sure what your point is tbh.
Quote:
Two pics (left>right)

First picture shows the buttons i have available to use.

Pressing multi quote button ''+ on a post, second picture shows what buttons i then have available for use.

In the second picture, the reply box has the quote out of sight in the pic. Now in any post there are no buttons to press for further multi quotes or other. The only buttons available are the ones to do with the post repy itself, attachments and smilies.
Quote:
Then all the messages will be in your reply as quotes.
Quote:
I said what is needed to be said, it's all above, not repeating what have already written. All my above posts explain why this is not possible to do, what you suggest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonHellraiser View Post
exotica, you really need to try and understand.

You click on the multi quote icon, it'll turn red, if you wish to quote someone else too, click on their posts multi quote icon (turning red)and so on until you have quoted everybody you wish, then finally, press the main quote button on the very last person you wish to quote, then you'll go into the advanced reply page with all the quotes attached in your reply box.

It's easy
All done in 20 seconds or less
Old 20 August 2010, 01:13   #30
exoticaga

Since it doesn't turn red, read my above for what happens after pressing ''+ button, so not to repeat over and over.
Old 20 August 2010, 03:50   #31
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Pretty sure that javascript is the key here because if I forbid it to work for EAB via NoScript, I get a behaviour similar to what you are describing (at least from what I understand from your descriptions).
Old 20 August 2010, 10:21   #32
exoticaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post
Pretty sure that javascript is the key here because if I forbid it to work for EAB via NoScript, I get a behaviour similar to what you are describing (at least from what I understand from your descriptions).
As i thought, but does it explain also why other users here don't use multi quoting. Many peole do surf with no javascript , i do not use javascript either.
Old 20 August 2010, 13:19   #33
daxb

Quote:
As i thought, but does it explain also why other users here don't use multi quoting. Many peole do surf with no javascript , i do not use javascript either.
I tried it with IBrowse (latest version) with javascript and without. Both don`t work. I just get the latest quote in the editor.
Old 21 August 2010, 03:57   #34
exoticaga

vBulletin at fault !
Old 21 August 2010, 04:06   #35
Djay
95th User

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxb View Post
I tried it with IBrowse (latest version) with javascript and without. Both don`t work. I just get the latest quote in the editor.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post
Quote:
vBulletin at fault !
i see

click multi quote the just choose standard quote, opens a filled message box... i get it
Old 21 August 2010, 07:00   #36
exoticaga

Which ever quote option is chosen we just get one the one quote sent to the editor directly. With no option of adding further quotes. No options of adding anything from any post as the options are gone. Look at the right picture that i posted above this shows what the post looks after presing any quote button.

I've checked my cp and playing with editing controls changing any makes no improvemnet.

Since some can and some cannot do this multi quote, is it the forum admin settings or vBulletin at fault ?
Old 21 August 2010, 08:53   #37
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

You need Javascript for this as lilalurl said. No chance without it. No idea what's up with iBrowse and its Javascript implementation.
Old 21 August 2010, 13:04   #38
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
A bit of search and I found something about a previous different issue with iBrowse:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=14607

I am not sure that RCK or anyone here can do anything to solve your issue exoticaga (and daxb apparently too).

So, the best way would be to mention the issue to the iBrowse developers. They will then check if there is an issue with some of their code. Then if the issue is with vbulletin they will report it to vbulletin developers or ask you to report it to vbulletin (or have RCK report it).
Old 21 August 2010, 22:19   #39
prowler
Global Moderator

For those who have Javascript disabled or no Javascript implemented in their browser, multiple-quoting can be used in the way I was doing it before I read how to do it properly in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
I've often wondered what the multiple quote feature actually did, but whenever I've clicked it, the response has apparently been so slow that I've given up.

Up to now, I've done this instead by clicking the quote icon for each of the posts I wanted to quote and then copying a set of them into a single reply, editing each one as necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
You can even import quotes form other threads by opening another browser window and using cut and paste (though you may need to switch editor mode to import smilies intact ).