English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 14 January 2006, 02:35   #1
Techx

Video Capture Program

Hello, Does anyone know of any ami application that can capture not just 1 screenshot, but successive shots so you can make a video?
Old 14 January 2006, 04:05   #2
X-ray
Angry Kid Fan

That sort of software usually comes with the hardware that buffers the frames from the video signal (the digitizer/framegrabber). I don't think a parallel-port digitizer exists that can capture sequential frames at 24 fr/s. I have a Vidi24 (RT) pro and that is quite a good video digitizer but I don't think it can capture at quite the rate you want. Maybe something that runs in a big-box Amiga will be better, perhaps a V-Lab Motion, but I haven't used one before.
What sort of video source are you capturing from, and do you really need each frame in a realtime sequence? Are you capturing full colour?

Edit: ahh I read your post again and now I think you are talking about a screen-grabber, but a video screen grabber. There might be software that does it, but I haven't heard of it and I am willing to bet that it will be CPU-intensive and need a lot of RAM. Hardware-wise, you could get a genlock and try to capture the s-video output on a PC in realtime. I think you'll have more success with a PC digitizer (and they are likely to be cheaper and easier to find than the Amiga equivalent).

Last edited by X-ray; 14 January 2006 at 04:15.
Old 14 January 2006, 21:34   #3
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
An pci capable amiga and a cheapo pci tv card with a copy of vhi studio might do what you want

http://amiga.iospirit.de/index.php?m...bjcode=html-33
Old 14 January 2006, 22:22   #4
ant512

If you want a program that will capture a video of the Amiga's output, why not try the AVI generator in WinUAE?
Old 16 January 2006, 15:22   #5
Techx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant512
If you want a program that will capture a video of the Amiga's output, why not try the AVI generator in WinUAE?
hey thats a good idea, and would probably be the cheapest/easiest thanks