English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Demos

Old 23 June 2007, 01:32   #1
Adropac2
Zone Friend

Anyone remember this compilation of Demos or even the demo itself.

Some 6 or 7 demo's on the disk.No amazingly flash boot screen just a WB CLI one where you typed in the number of the Demo - each demo name on the screen at this point.

The demo had a massive load of text (an entire screen full actually) that ran across the screen at different speeds and size.That was all the demo was basicly though i think the text changed colour and the screen itself was black.Music was rather damn good if i recall and i have very fond memories of the atmosphere.

With so many demo's out there i don't fancy loading each and every one of the many thousand in my collection just to find this one.

I'd like to know what compilation this was on but just knowing what the demo was would be cool.

Get to work guys hehe
Old 23 June 2007, 03:04   #2
Ray Norrish

So that was the menu, or one of the demos? If you said it was a disk with a bunch of demos on with some text, we are in for a long hunt here
Old 24 June 2007, 00:47   #3
Adropac2
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Norrish
So that was the menu, or one of the demos? If you said it was a disk with a bunch of demos on with some text, we are in for a long hunt here

Yeah i guess it could be some time before i find out the demo but i'm hoping there was only so many demos featuring a total screen of text running at different speeds.The whole thing looked like something out of Tron or Matrix(horizontal obviously) and is probably different to other text demo's in as far as it is probably a wee bit more impressive your average text demo.

Any ideas guys?
Old 24 June 2007, 01:09   #4
Ray Norrish

The X-Large demo by Spreadpoint fits this description.

http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=3833
Old 24 June 2007, 01:12   #5
Adropac2
Zone Friend

Spreadpoint rings a bell.I thought it began with an S but i didn't want to say in case i was wrong.I'll just check.

Cheers
Old 24 June 2007, 01:24   #6
Adropac2
Zone Friend

That's the one Ray.Thank a bunch you are a star.

Not just text like i remembered it was but some sprites too - funny how you forget small details.

What was it in my description that gave it away ,my mentioning Matrix?

Anyway this saves me loads of time trying to find this one out so thanks again matey.
Old 24 June 2007, 01:28   #7
Ray Norrish

Have a look on my amiga demos site under 1989. I`ve remade that demo in DHTML, so I remember it well.
Old 24 June 2007, 01:57   #8
Adropac2
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Norrish
Have a look on my amiga demos site under 1989. I`ve remade that demo in DHTML, so I remember it well.
Just been to your site and i think it's fair to say that you have an quite a talent for Html use.Watched the 2 Spreadpoint demos amongst others and liked what i saw.I don't know very much about Html and only thought it simple in what it allowed but i was clearly wrong.

Sorry for not knowing who you were by the way(you are literally quite the star) ,your Killing Game Show music is wonderfull and you have obviously made a name for yourself over the years.
Old 24 June 2007, 01:59   #9
Adropac2
Zone Friend

Whats with the Atari ST disk drive icon Ray?

I was a big fan back in the day and then i got an Amiga
Old 24 June 2007, 12:07   #10
Ray Norrish

Supposed to be a little bit of sarcasm, but I too had an ST before the amiga. I quite liked it really..