English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 14 March 2016, 13:36   #21
S0ulA55a551n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omolungo View Post
Received an email from Cinemaware tonight: shipping should start by the end of April
Just two more weeks lol
Old 14 March 2016, 14:28   #22
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ulA55a551n View Post
Just two more weeks lol
Go back to school lol, it's 6 weeks! it's March this month not April
Old 10 May 2016, 05:14   #23
Zippy Zapp

Did anybody get their copy? Doesn't look like it sold too well... I was about to push the buy button until I seen the delays and lack of updates...
Old 10 May 2016, 16:05   #24
S0ulA55a551n

Just two more weeks dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12 May 2016, 07:17   #25
Omolungo

Last mail from Cinemaware told it would be finally ready in June
Old 12 May 2016, 15:28   #26
BarryB
Amigaholic

Which June? 2017, 2018.....
Old 12 May 2016, 22:36   #27
Omolungo

I really hope 2017
Old 18 May 2016, 08:38   #28
Omolungo

Newsletter from Cinemaware:

"Hey guys,

so this will be second to last newsletter before the shipping of „Defender of the Crown – Extended Collectors Cut“. At last i got the foreword from Jim Sachs and it will be a part of the printed manual. Also we made so last test for the CD-Roms and it runs successfull on different systems. So the Files for Box, Manual, CD-Case and CD-Roms are send out by the end of last week.

Right now i wait for the response of the print office(Today we also got holiday here in germany). If the last check of them is fine, the prints needs about 7-11 days for printing and delivery to my place. The boxes have to be folded and packed but this will took 2 days. So i really REALLY expect the shipping starts by the end of may. So please again, check your shipping adress. Starting next week i will print the delivery stickers.

So there was one question about how we seal the boxes. One thing i underestimated a little bit the interest about sealing the boxes because i am a collector, but more in using this stuff. So i checked the possibilities to seal the boxes. First was to shrinkwrap them. The issue here is that the Box and the Content comes from different producers so i can´t shrinkwrap them there. I also could use a shrinkwrap-machines for home offices but i don´t think the quality will be so good after i read several manuals and articles about it. Also it would also another expansion of the shipping and i really want to ship this asap. So i will tomorrow order 1000 Cinemaware-Seals to seal the boxes. I think this should be a solution for collectors of sealed boxes and also for collectors who wanna play.

For „Rocket Ranger – Extended Collectors Cut“ i will try to check if i got a company nearby that could make shrinkwraps.

You all could do me a favor. Some of the receipts don´t get this update so it would be great if you could copy this info into communities that you are active. Also replies will take a bit longer, i will take some days off till the packing and shipping process starts in the next week. When i am back, i will also write a bigger update regarding "Wings - Remastered Edition for Amiga".

Greetings
Sven"
Old 30 June 2016, 22:02   #29
thedevilbunny

I'm glad to see it looks like it's finally shipping...seems like we've been talking about this forever on the show. I'm hoping Rocket Ranger and Wings happens in a big way!
Old 30 June 2016, 22:40   #30
BarryB
Amigaholic

Someone had this email on 3rd June:

DotC - ECE Shipping starts soon
Hey Guys,

this update is "only" for DotC-ECE. But first just a small information at first.
Media covers the story that Cinemaware was sold to Starbreeze. That is not
correct. Starbreeze acquires the right for the Games and the Name.
Cinemaware Retro is not part of this. The "Extended Collectors Edition"-Series
will move on.

So right now a short update. The shipping starts now within the next 5-15 days.
Right now most of the material arrived, is shipped to me or is in production.

Poster (arrived and folding in progress)
Postcards arrived
Sticker arrived
Seal-Sticker arrived
Manual (shipping)

CDs (in Production)
Box (in Production)

So right now, its not in my hands. Shipping starts with the first orders. Also the
first of you will get a status update and tracking-id in the couple of days. So I
get the package ready for shipping.

Greetings
Sven
Old 01 July 2016, 22:21   #31
Amiga1992

How can they possible acquire rights to "names and games" yet allow these people to deliver something that uses the GAME and NAME?

That right there is a load of legal nonsense.
Old 02 July 2016, 05:29   #32
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Damn, I wish I had read this thread back in December.
Now let us hope they still have a few units of this and that they will actually end up shipping it before long.

Update:
Incredibly they still have 191 copies left (190 now after my purchase).

I would have thought that most "owners" of the pirated version would have taken advantage of this to redeem themselves but it seems I was wrong.
As far as I am concerned, with 3CDs, original and modern-compatible versions this is a steal.

Happy to not be an ugly pirate anymore (at least for this title!).

Last edited by ReadOnlyCat; 02 July 2016 at 05:52. Reason: Added update.
Old 03 July 2016, 21:13   #33
BarryB
Amigaholic

Sent to me by my 'source'

Hey Guys,

sorry again. I was really sick this week and so i really just can´t move on. But
really good news by start of the week, the boxes arrived. 500 Big Boxes that I
fold right now. (500 front an backsides...yes, hell of a work but i love it). Just
two things missing right now. The manual and 1 CDs of the package. The
manuals where send back by the delivery service and i don´t know why
because the same company sends me the poster, postcards. But they are
again on the way to me. but i will call them direct tomorrow morning and you
get and update.

But once again, when i start shipping i can´t send all the pre-orders at one day.
need a couple of days to deliver all the pre-orders to the postal service.
Everyone gets then an update via mail with a tracking number.

So sorry again, but these things are not in my hand.When i send out the first
packages, the pre-order for Rocket Ranger - Extended Collector´s Cut" starts.
Shipping there is (really) expected August/September 2016.

Greetings
Sven
Old 06 July 2016, 20:03   #34
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
How can they possible acquire rights to "names and games" yet allow these people to deliver something that uses the GAME and NAME?

That right there is a load of legal nonsense.
It just means that this was incorrectly presented.

Likely, Starbreeze acquired the license to use the Cinemaware games names and themes for their future VR series of developments.
I would think that Cinemaware still holds the rights and simply did issue a license.
Old 13 July 2016, 18:03   #35
BarryB
Amigaholic

More news:

Hey Guys,

just a short shipping update. I just wait for the CD1 and got today the update that they will shipped to me tomorrow. Depending of the arriving i can start shipping on this friday or
next tuesday (i am out of office from friday till tuesday). Everyone of you get a notification with a tracking ID. I think i can ship around 30-40 per day and start with the first orders.

When i start with shipping i open the "Rocket Ranger - Extended Collectors Cut" Pre-Order. I know DotC needs a long time more then expected but it was also a learning process for
me. After this experience i expect shipping around end of September 2016.

Also i will then start a poll which game should be next. "It came from the Desert" or "Wings".

But first step after another. So next update will be next week announcing the pre-order process and content of "Rocket Ranger - Extended Collectors Cut".

Greetings and agains thanks for your patience

Sven
Old 13 July 2016, 23:50   #36
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Old 22 July 2016, 18:06   #37
BarryB
Amigaholic

Oops! Another spanner in the works:

Quote:
Hey guys,

i really want to write an update that the shipping starts, but unfortunately there was a fault from my side with the pressing of CD No. 3. The Amiga CD 32 Version. Short version: i get a
new pressing around the next six or seven days. Sorry for this, it really pisses my of the most because i really want to ship all the Boxes asap.

What happens. I´ve probably done a misstake while ordering the CDs. The version includes Data and Audio and i don´t mentioned it at the ordering process. So the discs are not
readable. The interesting point is that it is no problem with Disc No.2 (CDTV). So again, fault by my side and i am really sorry about that. The Company helps me really now with this
mess, instead of 14 days they make an express delivery of 6-7 days and also give me a discount.

As I said, I'm really very sorry that there is an delay again. But I'm also glad that I have tested the Discs otherwise would with any third CD does not run: /

The procedure is now as follows. I've already begun the shipping labels to print. So they comes a confirmation with tracking number. So do not be surprised if you already have a
number, but there is no tracking update. Before the end of next week The shipping won´t start. Sorry again, you can believe me that this is more then uncomfortable for me. The plan
was to send out the press release today to sell the last 150 units and also start the pre-sale for Rocket Ranger.

When i got the Discs you get a next update. Sorry again but this will be the last delay.

Greetings
Sven
So, everything is going according to plan, except the plan's gone wrong!
Old 22 July 2016, 23:34   #38
dschallock

Just ordered mine today! Can't wait! SUPER COOL!
Old 23 July 2016, 01:31   #39
BarryB
Amigaholic

Your money, probably best to see what delay happens after the 6-7 days have passed then decide if it's worth ordering
Old 23 July 2016, 13:27   #40
happymondays

Yes, I myself am also waiting for somene to actually get the package.