English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 19 March 2016, 19:29   #1
_psy

AmiMSX - AmiMasterGear keyboard problem

hi, i setup my amiga recently again to extract some joy out of it in these dark times...

my amiga is equiped with the lyra (1) keyboard adapter and i have no problem with it anywhere except with "Ami" emulators,

when i run them on the main menu screen the keyboard commands works perfect but when i press "power on" to run the emulators the keyboard doesnt respond.

for example in AmiMSX when i press power on and msx boots when i try to type characters with the keyboard sometimes a character appears and then repeats endlessly like this : hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

escape doesnt work and the keyboard can't command the emulator, i cant even quit the emu,

only caps lock, amiga reset buttons works (sometimes esc works but only for 1 time then the keyboard locks up)

-
can anyone with knowledge of assembly language fix the keyboard routine of these emus to make more compatible with all amigas or take a look at this?

or i though i can fool the emulators by running them inside a WHDload slave , can anyone help me make such a slave for AmiMSX and AmiMasterGear? i have 1230 so i can run them at acceptable speeds,

this thing is driving me mad all these years if anyone can help please reply thank you

ps. i have this problem on CBspeccy emu too and i have only found a workaround to exit AmiMasterGear (i created an old thread about this) but its no real solution

* tried installed wb31 with workbench slave install from whdload site, run AmiMasterGear within and the same happens with keyboard controls

Last edited by _psy; 21 March 2016 at 12:45.