English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 19 July 2006, 13:30   #21
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenchili
Look again buddy... He released a new Winuaex just today, check out what it does!!
Yup seen that .....But i have to look into it more deeply.....the max HDD size is still a gig !! If i cant attach dirs to that on autoboot it will be to small as il never get all the games and demos on the one HDF
Old 23 July 2006, 13:50   #22
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Where can i find some nice coloured icons ......Anyone ?????

BTW...Glad EAB is up and running again
Old 24 July 2006, 01:51   #23
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Ok i have this baby all up and running.....Boots the splashscreen then loads directly into Workbench with the games and Demos ready to run.....
I just need to obtain a decent looking Workbench specificly created for the Xbox that wont be to slow but look nice and have all the WHD setup configured properly ( which i seem to have problems doing for some reason )

BLOODWYCH !!! CHECK YOUR PM'S MATE.......HELP !!!
Old 24 July 2006, 02:41   #24
greenchili
Zone Friend

lol... I tried a clean install of workbench 3.1 and then loading up whdload, but then I needed some type of compression driver which was missing, which in turn needed a specific version of the "installer"....

What a headache..
Old 24 July 2006, 02:52   #25
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
lol... I tried a clean install of workbench 3.1 and then loading up whdload, but then I needed some type of compression driver which was missing, which in turn needed a specific version of the "installer"....

What a headache..
Ye you do need an installer but everything you need can be found in this thread..... http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=5267 I been playing with it myself but the games keep crashing so im not sure what im doing wrong.....Let me know how you get on
Old 24 July 2006, 02:56   #26
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

BTW !!!

Go here and post about your DAT files for xbox as well .....these guys will love you for it

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showforum=96
Old 26 July 2006, 11:28   #27
greenchili
Zone Friend

How's your project coming along? I managing to get Classic WB running on the Xbox myself, but I don't like the way WinuaeX handles screensizes. Seems it locks in on the minimum workbench screensize instead of the actual screensize of the active screen. It's really annoying seeing a dinky 320x200 screen on 640x480. Or is that 640x200 on a 640x480... I dunno it just does weird things.

Last edited by greenchili; 26 July 2006 at 20:38.
Old 26 July 2006, 14:04   #28
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
How's your project coming along? I managing to get Classic WB running on the Xbox myself, but I don't like the way WinuaeX handles screensizes. Seems it locks in on the minimum workbench screensize instead of the actual screensize of the active screen. It's really annoying seeing a dinky 320x200 screen on 640x480. Or is that 640x200 on a 640x480... I dunno it just does weird things. :
Well i have 2 or 3 versions fully working already but im trying to get that perfect workbench for the xbox hence waiting one Bloodwych to get back to me

But it all works great....Boots the splash screen then loads Workbench ready to run with all the games and demos instantly.

Im not sure you will be able to get the workbench much different than what it looks already with screen res adjustment...not without resetting the res of winuaex as well
Old 01 August 2006, 05:56   #29
gizmomelb

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchro
...but both winuae and winuaex only see 1 gig
sounds like a WinUAE bug - does Toni know?
Old 15 August 2006, 06:50   #30
BlaCkAdDa
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to BlaCkAdDa
I was playing aorund with this myself.. had serveral different wb installs on my PC based of vanilla wb3 installs and off classic and AIAB installs.

Had some headaches from memory getting them up and running on xbox though.
Would be good if we could configure winuaex from a launch script or something...

Off topic a bit, someone mentioned it uses the last config for every adf (which is no good for adf based tributes) I thought some of xports emus kept configs for every different file you ran (so it used same default next time) am i mistaken?