English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Amiga websites reviews

Old 04 July 2005, 17:16   #1
ziovax

Amiga Anime CD Project

Hi to all Amiga fans!

I start new project: a conversion of japanese Anime in CDXL, realized for CD32 and (I hope) any Amiga (at least 1200).

Visit my site http://www.geocities.com/amiga_anime_cd/ and feel free to send me a feedback.

Have fun!
Old 04 July 2005, 18:34   #2
RetroMan

I think this is a great project, keep´em coming

I allways wanted to make my own CDXL movies but I really don´t have the time at the moment
Old 04 July 2005, 18:41   #3
ziovax

Thanks for encouragement........
.....yes, to make a 10 minutes' CDXL video took me about 8 hours...
Old 18 July 2005, 19:04   #4
robotriot
Tubby mechanical friend

Send a message via ICQ to robotriot
Nice project, while it isn't really overly useful I still think it's cool. Although hosting wise, have you thought about using eMule or bittorrent? Would make downloading a lot easier.
Old 21 July 2005, 05:05   #5
redblade
Zone Friend

A mate of mine who lived in PA / USA, went to Amiga and grabbed a whole bunch of shit when Amiga US was shutting down.

He reckoned he saw some some kind of project of displaying 28fps, in full resolution on 7.14mhz 68k amiga. But I will have to email him again.

But he just threw that shit out , as he didn't really have any interest in that shit at the time.
Old 25 July 2005, 09:36   #6
ziovax

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotriot
Nice project, while it isn't really overly useful I still think it's cool. Although hosting wise, have you thought about using eMule or bittorrent? Would make downloading a lot easier.
You're most kind.

I see, it's not a good idea to make available the anime only in Italian.... I think my next project could be Akira, in english, of course....

........ I use bittorrent a bit ( ): I think it's too slow in downloading, expecially if there's no seeders... emule.... mmmhhh, I dunno, I don't know anything about (except it's a file sharing system ), but I think that it's the best system available to distribuite any kind of material....... could you tell me where to start?

Thank to you all!
Old 25 July 2005, 10:38   #7
redblade
Zone Friend

Hi.

Perhaps on your site you could write how you converted it to CDXL? i.e a tutorial ?

Nice site tho.

Also when viewing on firefox, it seems there must be lots of 'Returns', because the scroll broll on the right, has the option to scroll a long way down.
Old 25 July 2005, 11:01   #8
ziovax

Quote:
Originally Posted by redblade
Hi.

Perhaps on your site you could write how you converted it to CDXL? i.e a tutorial ?

Nice site tho.
Yes, I will do it. At the moment I don't convert in CDXL with an exact procedure, but it's in definition.... seems I found the correct way.....

Quote:
Also when viewing on firefox, it seems there must be lots of 'Returns', because the scroll broll on the right, has the option to scroll a long way down.
Glab! You hit me I'm not so good in making sites, I will improve in this, too.
Old 28 July 2005, 10:04   #9
robotriot
Tubby mechanical friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziovax
I see, it's not a good idea to make available the anime only in Italian.... I think my next project could be Akira, in english, of course....
I personally would prefer Japanese audio with subtitles, but I guess they would be hard to read in the CDXL video ;)

Quote:
........ I use bittorrent a bit (:D ): I think it's too slow in downloading, expecially if there's no seeders... emule.... mmmhhh, I dunno, I don't know anything about (except it's a file sharing system :confused ), but I think that it's the best system available to distribuite any kind of material....... could you tell me where to start?
I personally use emule to spread the amidemos.org videos as well, it works very well indeed. You can get the client on http://www.emule-project.net and configure it according to your bandwidth. All you have to do is select the directory where the ISO is as a shared directory and set the priority in the files tab to "release", this will help spread the file faster. You should maybe rename the file to something that is searchable, I personally added an "[amidemos.org]"-identifier to all the videos. If you right click on the shared file, there's an option "show ed2k link". In the next window, you click on "copy to clipboard" and then you can paste the resulting link into your website's HTML code.
Old 28 July 2005, 10:05   #10
ziovax

Quote:
A mate of mine who lived in PA / USA, went to Amiga and grabbed a whole bunch of shit when Amiga US was shutting down.

He reckoned he saw some some kind of project of displaying 28fps, in full resolution on 7.14mhz 68k amiga. But I will have to email him again.

But he just threw that shit out , as he didn't really have any interest in that shit at the time.
I have reasoned on this..... I dunno if your friend use cdxl or other things similar to biganim or other else, but one thing is true: the reprodution in partial screen, at 12 fps and mono 11KHz audio in not due to lack of "computational power", but it's due to CD32's CD player velocity (or "slowity" )......... 300 Kb/s it's enough only for partial motion video in cdxl, Amiga can do much better if the stream is from Hard-disk (I never try it, but I think full screen at 24 Fps and stereo audio is possible without problems).
Old 28 July 2005, 12:25   #11
robotriot
Tubby mechanical friend

Hm, but via the FMV module, full screen video is possible at a higher frame rate too on the CD32, I believe. And the data is still streaming from the 300kb/s Video-CD ...
Old 28 July 2005, 14:35   #12
ziovax

Yes, you're right... but FMV module enable (via additional hardware) mpeg1 playback in standard VideoCD (320*240*24bit at 24 frames per second, audio stereo 44KHz) ..... cdxl is some sort of mjpeg, but composed by iff image and 8svx audio instead of jpeg image and mp3 audio..... Amiga CD32 or 1200 dont have enough "computational power" to reproduce mpeg or mjpeg streams.
Old 28 July 2005, 14:51   #13
ziovax

Quote:
I personally would prefer Japanese audio with subtitles, but I guess they would be hard to read in the CDXL video
Mmmmhhh, I dunno, in fact, I use half vertical resolution to be "doubbled" when displayed on screen... this would make the letters unreadable...

However, nice idea, I'll try it.

Quote:
I personally use emule to spread the amidemos.org videos as well, it works very well indeed. You can get the client on http://www.emule-project.net and configure it according to your bandwidth. All you have to do is select the directory where the ISO is as a shared directory and set the priority in the files tab to "release", this will help spread the file faster. You should maybe rename the file to something that is searchable, I personally added an "[amidemos.org]"-identifier to all the videos. If you right click on the shared file, there's an option "show ed2k link". In the next window, you click on "copy to clipboard" and then you can paste the resulting link into your website's HTML code.
Thank you, it's very simple.
Old 29 July 2005, 09:18   #14
robotriot
Tubby mechanical friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziovax
Yes, you're right... but FMV module enable (via additional hardware) mpeg1 playback in standard VideoCD (320*240*24bit at 24 frames per second, audio stereo 44KHz) ..... cdxl is some sort of mjpeg, but composed by iff image and 8svx audio instead of jpeg image and mp3 audio..... Amiga CD32 or 1200 dont have enough "computational power" to reproduce mpeg or mjpeg streams.
Yea, so in the end, it doesn't matter so much that the CD drive is only double speed, but that there is no suitable codec that can be used in realtime on the 020

Regarding the subtitles: maybe it's possible to include them as a seperate file on the CD and render them in real-time below the video? This would involve some coding skills of course
Old 29 July 2005, 12:00   #15
redblade
Zone Friend

What came first CDXL or Laserdisc ?
Old 29 July 2005, 12:28   #16
ziovax

Quote:
Regarding the subtitles: maybe it's possible to include them as a seperate file on the CD and render them in real-time below the video? This would involve some coding skills of course
No, the CDXL is simply an interleaved format: only one track composed by IFF images in sequence and IFF audio syncronized.

About the coding skill, I don't have it but I think post-rendering on CDXL is not possible....
Old 29 July 2005, 16:56   #17
robotriot
Tubby mechanical friend

Quote:
What came first CDXL or Laserdisc ?
Laserdiscs have been around since the 70ies.
Old 01 August 2005, 17:20   #18
ziovax

I tried to make available eD2k link on my site, check out CDXL section on http://www.geocities.com/amiga_anime_cd/ .

I dunno if it works, a friend near me attempts to download, but no complete fonts seems to be available....
.....there's something wrong???
Old 02 August 2005, 12:07   #19
robotriot
Tubby mechanical friend

Yea I've got 0 sources as well right now ... you need to be online of course for this to work. If you've got a static IP, you can also check "add myself as a source" in the ed2k link dialogue, this should help a little.
Old 02 August 2005, 14:49   #20
ziovax

Quote:
Yea I've got 0 sources as well right now ... you need to be online of course for this to work. If you've got a static IP, you can also check "add myself as a source" in the ed2k link dialogue, this should help a little.
I was online of course, i dunno why for my friend dont work.... but now I can see that someone is downloading it.... well, soon I post Aika CD2 and keep trying for improvements suggested...