English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 10 April 2018, 13:46   #1
sneckburger

New Amiga Hardware?

So Its April 2018 and all the forum posts I can find on this subject is out of date.
Anybody know when Indivision will start producing the ECS Flicker fixer again or an revised DIVI/HDMI version of it? Or do I need to pay a grand for one the next time one appears on ebay?
Also I've noticed the AGA Mk2 for the 1200 has disappeared from Amiga Kit store!. I was thinking about getting one of those too but seems like I'll I might have missed the boat.
Also what about the ACA020 for the A600 and the New A1200 Cases. Anyone know where we are with these or do I need to join a special underground club to buy new hardware or something?
Old 10 April 2018, 14:07   #2
demolition
Unregistered User

AFAIK, there's still being batches made of Indivision ECS. I saw them in stock not long ago and they have been sold for many years. Never heard anything about a DVI version being planned for ECS.

Indivision AGA MkII A1200 is currently in stock here:
http://amigastore.eu/en/194-indivisi...kerfixer-.html

A1200 cases here:
http://amigastore.eu/en/468-brand-ne...new-molds.html
Says they will be in stock from May.

Don't know anything about ACA620 (which I assume you're talking about when you write ACA020). It was still available not too long ago, so perhaps there will be a new batch at some point. Remember that these kinds of products are always made in small batches as nobody will risk paying for a batch unless they can be quite certain they can get them resold within a reasonable time. So when the sales numbers start to go down (or it becomes hard to source the components), production will stop.

Generally for retro stuff, one needs to be patient and strike when the opportunity presents itself to buy from a batch, group buy or kickstarter/indiegogo/etc. If you're in a hurry, you need to shell out and get something 2nd hand. Through ebay, this can be expensive but there are also other places that may offer more reasonable prices like Amibay, FB groups and others.

Last edited by demolition; 10 April 2018 at 14:12.
Old 10 April 2018, 15:36   #3
sneckburger

Thanks the your info.
I was quite surprised that no one is asking the questions about availability of hardware ,as it's certainly not because of lack of interest judging by the prices of kit going on ebay.
Maybe been patient is the answer then.

I did mean the ACA620EC (the Individual computers economy accelerator for the A600) Also the Furia looks like a similar alternative, though these are also a bit like hens teeth.
Old 10 April 2018, 15:48   #4
demolition
Unregistered User

Well, it is easy to get used to mainstream hardware being manufactured in ridiculous quantities and being easily purchasable from every local hardware outlet. The market for these things is very small and the people making them do not have a big pile of cash they can throw towards a production batch just to have it sit in some storage room waiting to be sold. So either they try to get the payment up front or they have to make small batches which they think are small enough to be absorbed quickly by the market. This is why they often go out of stock in the various shops and then pop up again from time to time.
Old 10 April 2018, 20:27   #5
MigaTech
Only Amiga !!

The best site is Generation Amiga for the latest Amiga/upgrade information. This site is always searching/covering for any Amiga/upgraded related information. They don't miss a trick so worth checking them out!

https://www.generationamiga.com/

They pretty much cover everything for Amiga.

As for already released items such as ACA620EC and ECS flicker fixer, it is exactly what the other member stated.
Old 10 April 2018, 22:36   #6
E-Penguin
Banana

You could always drop Jens an email, he's a very reasonable chap going by my dealings with him.
Old 12 April 2018, 14:52   #7
sneckburger

Thanks for the replies.

Who is Jens??
Old 12 April 2018, 15:20   #8
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneckburger View Post
Who is Jens??
Jens Schönfeld, the owner of Individual Computers which made the ACA620, Indivision etc.
Old 12 April 2018, 15:22   #9
ptyerman

Jens makes the ECS Indivision and ACA cards!
Old 12 April 2018, 15:50   #10
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Attachment 57812
Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Jens Schönfeld, the owner of Individual Computers which made the ACA620, Indivision etc.
But something should be made for a "better browsing experience"

Last edited by malko; 20 December 2021 at 15:05.
Old 12 April 2018, 16:42   #11
puppypc

True, even with a large screen I find a lot to be desired in their website :/
Old 12 April 2018, 19:39   #12
MigaTech
Only Amiga !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
But something should be made for a "better browsing experience"
Who was it that spelt USEFUL wrong?

As for Individual Computers their website is much better than the availability of their products. They have got to be losing money not continuing production of certain hardware!
Old 12 April 2018, 19:43   #13
ptyerman

Artificial price inflation/hiking by starving the market is possibly a better way of putting it. A corporation or big company would be breaking some competition laws here.
Old 12 April 2018, 20:36   #14
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigaTech View Post
[...]
A non-English man
Thanks for pointing it
Corrected.
Old 12 April 2018, 20:53   #15
Dunny

Quote:

As for Individual Computers their website is much better than the availability of their products. They have got to be losing money not continuing production of certain hardware!
If there isn't sufficient demand, then they won't produce - that's pretty simple maths. If theres 5,000 to 10,000 Amiga users demanding new hardware then there's a chance it will be made.

Is there?
Old 12 April 2018, 21:50   #16
MigaTech
Only Amiga !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
A non-English man
Thanks for pointing it
Corrected.
You are very welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
If there isn't sufficient demand, then they won't produce - that's pretty simple maths. If theres 5,000 to 10,000 Amiga users demanding new hardware then there's a chance it will be made.

Is there?
Just seems to me that all you see is out of stock on all websites selling Individual Computers hardware. Loads of demand, just no hardware.

OK, so it has to be worth while but let's face it, Individual Computers must have known the Amiga market was never going to be massive, so why not supply what demand there is?

Amigakit sold out all the ACA6 series almost instantly along with the ECS flicker, even the 604 sold out at one point too.

The ACA500 Series was a blink and you miss it sell out and it hasn't returned since, despite request after request. On eBay those things sell for over £150, yet Amigakit sold them for £74. You talk about Maths then someone is failing to see a definite return here! Either that or lack of parts are playing an issue?

If it is down to what Dunny stated, then Individual Computers need to wake up rapid!

I know Amigakit would stock ACA620/30 and ACA500/Plus if they could get them. So no real excuses, other than maybe demand isn't big enough even with what is mentioned here.

After all in business, 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

As for your question on 5 to 10 thousand Amiga users, UK, USA and Europe, yes I think there could even be more than these figures. Specially now younger generations are following the retro computer scene.

I once stated that UAE was hurting the Amiga to the roar of many EAB members, who stated it is helping to preserve the Amiga. I agreed with them to some extent, I just do not see it on original hardware. This is where it is hurting the Amiga. All those extra users would have helped hardware upgrade sales!

Last edited by MigaTech; 13 April 2018 at 03:21.
Old 12 April 2018, 22:08   #17
plasmab
Banned

I am developing open source hardware projects for the Amiga. Currently for the CD32 and the A500 but more machines will be added to the list.
Old 12 April 2018, 22:12   #18
clebin

Quote:
Then I must correct you on a complete pet hate of mine!

Quote:
All those extra users would of helped hardware upgrade sales!
Aaargh....

EDIT: Thanks for the Generation Amiga link though - I don't remember going there before.

Last edited by clebin; 12 April 2018 at 22:18.
Old 12 April 2018, 22:16   #19
MigaTech
Only Amiga !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmab View Post
I am developing open source hardware projects for the Amiga. Currently for the CD32 and the A500 but more machines will be added to the list.
Which is a very noble offer from you. I still think it is a shame you or someone else cannot mass produce your TF Accelerator series, they are massively popular and I know Amigakit would stock them, in an instant!

The Vampire batch Amigakit got sold out at lightning speed! Was this because users would have the tech of Amigakit behind their Vampire? Or simply because there is a demand for Amiga upgrades?

Am I the only one seeing the bigger picture here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clebin View Post
EDIT: Thanks for the Generation Amiga link though - I don't remember going there before.
You are very welcome. And in reference to the word blunder, HAVE rather then OF! Cannot believe I missed that one! Sorry! Even though this is a common mistake in English, I do not see it as a substantial excuse. Correction now amended.

Last edited by MigaTech; 12 April 2018 at 22:55.
Old 12 April 2018, 22:28   #20
plasmab
Banned

Quote:
Which is a very noble offer from you. I still think it is a shame you or someone else cannot mass produce your TF Accelerator series, they are massively popular and I know Amigakit would stock them, in an instant!

The Vampire batch Amigakit got sold out at lightning speed! Was this because users would have the tech of Amigakit behind their Vampire? Or simply because there is a demand for Amiga upgrades?

Am I the only one seeing the bigger picture here?

I don’t have 20 grand to drop on a product. I’m do my bit. Nothing to stop someone from doing an assembly run. Would have my blessing