English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 21 November 2017, 14:48   #1
White

Winuae Amigaos4.1 fe1 winuae small video

Excuse me a little video about running os4.1 fe1 on a 2012 laptop with
A8 3510mx, I'm very happy with thank you Toni.
It would be nice to further improve uaegfx speed.
Tony Thanks again, I am creating a windows 7 64bit lite iso with my license to make emulation even faster.
But I do not have the slightest idea of which basic services WinUae is backed up to streamline the system.
Anyway thank you again for your work on WinUae.
Here is the link to see a small video:
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 21 November 2017, 19:51   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

CPU speed and RAM speed. Everything else is mostly irrelevant.

Note that because video playing in emulation is too pointless (can be done so much better in host side and there is nothing unique in Amiga video players), I don't care if it works slowly or is jittery etc. It is fine for me as long as it works.
Old 21 November 2017, 21:03   #3
White

Toni, thank you for the answer.
Probably the video does not fully reflect what was my intentions,
Streamlined videos are perfect.
The video was done in a hurry to show that you can use 4.1 in a "productive" way.
My was an example of how well your work on winuae was doing well.
In fact I would like to see if you can make donations for your work so that UAEGFX can be faster.
Because I understand that this requires work and time for you.
I would like to know if you would agree to do such a job with your knowledge and the results you are making at WinUae.

These donations would like to bring them together with other users who share my own idea.
Thanks again, I have much respect for you, and it is thanks to you that I still use Amiga.
:-)
Old 21 November 2017, 21:56   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I thought you meant you wanted more speed to be able to view better/larger videos.

I usually ignore all videos because they are only waste of time and lack important information.

Any OS4 related optimizations will require some kind of bounty, not just few donations. It is huge job and I don't have as much free time as previously for something I don't really want to do just because it can be done, it practically requires large rewrite which also affects m68k side. (where it would not gain much). OS4/PPC compatibility was mainly fun experiment to prove it possible, there never was any goal to make fast enough to be usable. Fortunately it was fast enough.

Another part is QEMU which I won't touch. Updating to latest QEMU PPC may or may not help with performance (previously when this was made about 2 years? ago only made it slower and unstable so it was reverted) but that is someone else's problem (Hi Frode!).
Old 21 November 2017, 22:09   #5
White

Hi Toni, thank you very much for your reply,
I imagined, thank you very much for your work, and I apologize if my open questions may seem odd.
And simple passion.
Thanks good evening
Old 22 November 2017, 05:14   #6
headkase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
I thought you meant you wanted more speed to be able to view better/larger videos.

I usually ignore all videos because they are only waste of time and lack important information.

Any OS4 related optimizations will require some kind of bounty, not just few donations. It is huge job and I don't have as much free time as previously for something I don't really want to do just because it can be done, it practically requires large rewrite which also affects m68k side. (where it would not gain much). OS4/PPC compatibility was mainly fun experiment to prove it possible, there never was any goal to make fast enough to be usable. Fortunately it was fast enough.

Another part is QEMU which I won't touch. Updating to latest QEMU PPC may or may not help with performance (previously when this was made about 2 years? ago only made it slower and unstable so it was reverted) but that is someone else's problem (Hi Frode!).
Just out of curiosity, what kind of bounties would we be looking at for PPC (OS 4.1) and QEMU (update to latest version and remove all unused code)? I'm sure you can speak for the PPC side but probably not for the QEMU side..
Old 22 November 2017, 11:22   #7
White

Generally I do not make videos, I try to work by optimizing my system by reading and documenting it.
I leave the link for this video if it can be a sample, how good the videos are.
my laptop is 2012 and has a simple A8 3510mx
This led me to think it would be nice to improve the OS4.1fe update1 side
Thank you!

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 23 November 2017, 08:33   #8
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I forgot the most important reason: OS4 for classics is not that good idea (real hardware or emulator), too many limitations. (I have already said this many times:) Much better option is to make OS4 "NG" mainboard emulation without any of the ancient "classic" hadware limits. (Which is someone else's problem)

Improving UAE PPC emulation will always hit all kinds of limits and need workarounds without breaking/making worse "classic" side emulation.
Old 23 November 2017, 17:56   #9
Romanujan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Much better option is to make OS4 "NG" mainboard emulation without any of the ancient "classic" hadware limits. (Which is someone else's problem)
AFAIK someone else already started: http://www.amiga-news.de/en/news/AN-...-00014-EN.html
Old 08 December 2017, 02:48   #10
White

Hello, I apologize for this post, I used an I5 2400 8giga with a nvidia gtx 750ti, this is important for me not much the emulation of the 3D but the use of the browser with some multimedia components. Maybe in a future ..... :-)
Here sorry I will no longer put the links for this kind of sorry stuff.
And thank you for your work, thank you.

[ Show youtube player ]