English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 16 May 2008, 18:01   #61
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmuChicken View Post
seriously, you make no sense....

for any project to work, you need to first spend money! ... and you just said... "I dont make money" then say "but when we make money with the project, it goes all to the amiga future webpage"

Blaming pirates, then EAB? ... Seriously, if you want satisfaction, just get something MADE, and then you'll get your rewards... stop blaming stuff!
no, you cant (or would) understand me. thats the problem!

i do many for the community. and when we sell the book in our shop... sure we make the price higher as the print-costs. a package can loose on the way. a book can damage. we need the money to pay this. and at the end, when we really maked money (we talk here about 50-70 Euro) we use the money for the amiga future webpage (new content, new database, updates...).

alone the webpage cost me more as 100 Euro/month. what think you where pay this?
Old 16 May 2008, 18:02   #62
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
Ask politely for things to be removed. Be less aggressive, if you want to be aggressive then be aggressive towards the person uploading the file to the zone etc..

I will always work with you in removing anything that is yours and so will the other mods!
when someone would make us damage (nothing other is a pirate copy) i am never friendly. i must accept the damage. nobody pay the damage.
Old 16 May 2008, 18:04   #63
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
You could have accept prepaid orders. I can't guess the worldwide interest in this item, maybe 100-150. Then print 200 copies (50 for stock) and ship this damn book. But PLEASE, stop the whining about EAB & pirates.
Ralph said the project are dead.

we make only prepaid oders when we have a relase date. but a release date for a dead project?
Old 16 May 2008, 18:10   #64
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasM View Post
Ralph said the project are dead.

we make only prepaid oders when we have a relase date. but a release date for a dead project?
Then his motivation in releasing this book, from an Amiga fan for the Amiga community, wasn't great enough.
Old 16 May 2008, 18:13   #65
AndreasM

Quote:
Then his motivation in releasing this book, from an Amiga fan for the Amiga community, wasn't big enough.
and who give Ralph the motivfation ??
Old 16 May 2008, 18:17   #66
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

1. Have the balls to announce a release date
2. Take prepaid orders
3. Print the book
4. Ship the book
5. Happy End
Old 16 May 2008, 18:17   #67
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
when someone would make us damage (nothing other is a pirate copy) i am never friendly. i must accept the damage. nobody pay the damage.
You are missing the point!

If I uploaded something you owned to the zone I would not have an issue with you not being friendly, but as I am constantly trying to keep my eyes open for your stuff, and I always do as you ask if something is upped I think a bit of gratitude to the fact we are trying to keep your stuff off here!
Old 16 May 2008, 18:19   #68
AndreasM

Quote:
1. Have the balls to announce a release date
2. Take prepaid orders
3. Print the book
4. Ship the book
5. Happy End
Ralph say NO. and he have the rights and decide!
Old 16 May 2008, 18:21   #69
AndreasM

Quote:
You are missing the point!

If I uploaded something you owned to the zone I would not have an issue with you not being friendly, but as I am constantly trying to keep my eyes open for your stuff, and I always do as you ask if something is upped I think a bit of gratitude to the fact we are trying to keep your stuff off here!
understand me not wrong. i say nothing against you or the other mods. i have only a problem with the user where dont accept our rights and make us damage...
Old 16 May 2008, 18:22   #70
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Ralph say NO. and he have the rights and decide!
Is this better then?

1. Ralph, have the balls to announce a release date
2. Take prepaid orders
3. Print the book
4. Ship the book
5. Happy End
Old 16 May 2008, 18:23   #71
AndreasM

Quote:
Is this better then?

1. Ralph, have the balls to announce a release date
2. Take prepaid orders
3. Print the book
4. Ship the book
5. Happy End
say this ralph. not me
Old 16 May 2008, 18:24   #72
BippyM
Global Moderator

So how may pre-orders were there?

Do these people get a refund?
Old 16 May 2008, 18:24   #73
Marcuz

Quote:
i dont work against you. dont have the time for this

but i say everytime that what i think. and the eab (and only this forum) make me trouble.

and i dont know how i can cooperate with the eab.
well, let's try to make some order here

1) there is no common goal to a community, not one that is shared perfectly by everybody. "amiga" is perceived not in the same way by each member of this board. there are those for which it's a dead platform and so free to get, those who gladly would pay you for the services of your site and a lot of in between, those who couldn't care less, etc.

2) as EAB' policy is to, in all case, stay inside the legality of retrocomputing, as Bippy stated all your claims to copyright of digital stuff have been meet. In the past, your demands have been often poorly mannered or rushed: that's practically the only problem the board itself has had with you. There's no fight at all from EAB on the legitimity of your businness or the way you choose to contribute to it, while the opinions of single members, which are entitled to, are just that: opinions, make of that what you will.

3) you may have had quarrels with other parts that, incidentally are members here. while that is not a problem concerning the board strictly speaking, there are members who have contributed much to EAB life and amiga emulation, and that felt disgruntled at you.
It's not the job of EAB mods to arbitrate who's right or not, but it is to keep a discussion civilized.

so saying you have problems with the board, really it means nothing, and the offer to collaboration i think it stands still, providing you start respecting the members here a little more

ciao!
Old 16 May 2008, 18:25   #74
EmuChicken

Motivation from anything comes from the joy of other people actually appreciating the product, if not, well then the hearts not in it... books are made for reading as audio is made to be heard.

If you've not noticed, people in this thread have been mentioning that the torrent would do nothing but good for the product- in advertisement! - the majority of people who downloaded it wouldn't have bought it anyway!
- but if they find it interesting, ... a lot of people would buy the product!

Quote:
alone the webpage cost me more as 100 Euro/month. what think you where pay this?
... yeah? .. you must be getting seriously ripped off then! ... I have my own site, plenty of traffic (band site), and pay roughly 50 dollars per 6 months... comes with a .com domain and everything.

Honestly, stop wasting your time in blaming people... Its not doing your reputation any good whatsoever!
Old 16 May 2008, 18:26   #75
AndreasM

Quote:
So how may pre-orders were there?

Do these people get a refund?
we never started a preorder. i start only a preorder when i have a fix release-date.

i have here a list with 169 people where are interesting to buy the book.
Old 16 May 2008, 18:40   #76
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana View Post
There's no fight at all from EAB on the legitimity of your businness or the way you choose to contribute to it, while the opinions of single members, which are entitled to, are just that: opinions, make of that what you will.
i dont talk about the problems when i delete a page with pirate copies from our software. i talk here only from the zone.

sure, only a little part from the eab users upload this. and only a little part of eab users write nice comments when i say delete the files.

and the mods do what there can.

but fact is, there are eab users.

i am on the forum amiganews, amiga.org, amigaworld, amigans, os4welt, GAC, amigaemuboard and many other. but i have only problems with pirate copies on eab.

Quote:
who gladly would pay you for the services of your site
ahm, our page are complete free.

Quote:
providing you start respecting the members here a little more
when the members start respecting me and my rights.
Old 16 May 2008, 18:53   #77
BuZz

Send a message via ICQ to BuZz
He is always right. No point discussing with such people!
Old 16 May 2008, 20:39   #78
crabfists

It's a real shame Ralph feels the way he does about not releasing the book but maybe after some time he may reconsider? Heres hoping anyway.

If you look at what happened with the Live Aid DVD surely some lessons can be learned? Bob Geldof saw 100s of people downloading the torrent of the Live Aid event and saw this of an indication there must be demand so released it on DVD. In my opinion, the fact there is a torrent out there of the guru book and people are downloading surely means there is demand for it and that it would sell if released in paper form. If there was a torrent with nobody downloading it (or no torrent at all) wouldn't that be an indication nobody cared about it? Or, maybe I'm getting the wrong end of the stick.

I own the original guru book and I would even consider buying the updated one aswell as it's a great book and I would be interested in the updated material. I agree with people here when they say they prefer a printed book you can hold and flick through and feel with your own hands.

Perhaps, if enough of us wrote to Ralph he may change his mind? Then again if he is annoyed with the whole situation it may do more harm than good. Worth a try anyway.
Old 16 May 2008, 20:44   #79
BippyM
Global Moderator

I'd pay for a digital copy
Old 16 May 2008, 21:44   #80
HOL2001
Amigamaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuZz View Post
He is always right. No point discussing with such people!
You got it !