English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 10 March 2006, 05:38   #21
blade002
Zone Friend
blade002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Age: 43
Posts: 2,443
Oh just great!. I was looking forward to Giving the 1st Switchblade a go and now ive been shown the ending!

Why didnt you put 2 and 2 together and think something along the lines of " hmmm.. well Blade002 asked what Switchblade was like, so he is obviously interested in playing it.. So i wont put the ending up and spoil it for him! ".

This is as bad as dying to see a movie and then someone tells you what happens at the end!??.
blade002 is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 10 March 2006, 07:57   #22
Ultron
Something

Ultron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Amigaland, Nostalgia
Age: 42
Posts: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muerto
Wow, dude, is that a sword, or a dick-saber?
Ultron is offline  
Old 10 March 2006, 19:10   #23
Muerto
Registered User
Muerto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kerteminde / Denmark
Age: 42
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002
Oh just great!. I was looking forward to Giving the 1st Switchblade a go and now ive been shown the ending!

Why didnt you put 2 and 2 together and think something along the lines of " hmmm.. well Blade002 asked what Switchblade was like, so he is obviously interested in playing it.. So i wont put the ending up and spoil it for him! ".

This is as bad as dying to see a movie and then someone tells you what happens at the end!??.
Hmm, by reading the "Finaly!!!!
studiet my maps and found the 16th switchblade!!"
You then maby should had stopped looking down....
Muerto is offline  
Old 11 March 2006, 11:50   #24
blade002
Zone Friend
blade002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Age: 43
Posts: 2,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muerto
Hmm, by reading the "Finaly!!!!
studiet my maps and found the 16th switchblade!!"
You then maby should had stopped looking down....
Well in reading that, it doesnt mean that pictures need to be included to tell people that youve done it. since you have already told them in text!.

Hence the reason why i scrolled down even further, to see what you had written, but without knowing that you had included pictures.

Anyway, doesnt matter.. im not mad, just dissapointed. its one of the few decent Amiga games i never really played, and now i dont feel like playing it. sniffle. waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh
blade002 is offline  
Old 11 March 2006, 12:34   #25
sareks
Apprentice
sareks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 37
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002
Well in reading that, it doesnt mean that pictures need to be included to tell people that youve done it. since you have already told them in text!.

Hence the reason why i scrolled down even further, to see what you had written, but without knowing that you had included pictures.

Anyway, doesnt matter.. im not mad, just dissapointed. its one of the few decent Amiga games i never really played, and now i dont feel like playing it. sniffle. waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh
maybe in future one should open a thread for game ending pictures where it says "SPOILERS" to avoid scenes like that.
sareks is offline  
Old 11 March 2006, 13:14   #26
blade002
Zone Friend
blade002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Age: 43
Posts: 2,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by sareks
maybe in future one should open a thread for game ending pictures where it says "SPOILERS" to avoid scenes like that.
Sounds like a good idea Sarek. Ive got nothing against the guy who did it, since he didnt really have any intention of spoiling it for me, but it would have been nice to play that game and not know.
blade002 is offline  
Old 11 March 2006, 14:38   #27
sareks
Apprentice
sareks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 37
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002
Sounds like a good idea Sarek. Ive got nothing against the guy who did it, since he didnt really have any intention of spoiling it for me, but it would have been nice to play that game and not know.
yep, I see what you mean since I experienced the same
sareks is offline  
Old 11 March 2006, 15:04   #28
blade002
Zone Friend
blade002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Age: 43
Posts: 2,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by sareks
yep, I see what you mean since I experienced the same
Yeah i cant see the point in posting the picture to show the people who told you how to do it what it looks like?. They have obviously already seen it!. oh well. Here's hoping that situation wont come up again. lets pray for forethought
blade002 is offline  
Old 12 March 2006, 07:00   #29
Critter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Nth^Dimension
Posts: 188
LMAO!!

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=12532

I had the exact problem as you, and you finally found the solution, I probably still got the savestate lying bout somewhere but I dont know if I collected all 16 pieces...

has anyone ever complete IMPOSSIBLE MISSION ?
Critter is offline  
Old 12 March 2006, 12:44   #30
sareks
Apprentice
sareks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 37
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter
LMAO!!

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=12532

I had the exact problem as you, and you finally found the solution, I probably still got the savestate lying bout somewhere but I dont know if I collected all 16 pieces...

has anyone ever complete IMPOSSIBLE MISSION ?
nope, I collected all pieces but couldn't put them together yet
sareks is offline  
Old 12 March 2006, 14:30   #31
andreas
Zone Friend
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Germany
Age: 43
Posts: 5,858
Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Blade DOES have a point.
Ending pictures should be LINKED.
In HOL it is different. Since Cody usually puts up more than 50 screenshots per game, you have enough chances to stop scrolling down in time
andreas is offline  
Old 12 March 2006, 18:03   #32
Muerto
Registered User
Muerto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kerteminde / Denmark
Age: 42
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002
Yeah i cant see the point in posting the picture to show the people who told you how to do it what it looks like?. They have obviously already seen it!. oh well. Here's hoping that situation wont come up again. lets pray for forethought
Hey.

I can see now it wasen´t wery clever to include the ending pictures, and i am sorry for my mistake, and it wont happen again!

But still, i think you should give the game a try, even now you know how it would end..
Muerto is offline  
Old 12 March 2006, 20:26   #33
BippyM
Global Moderator

BippyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Nottingham, UK
Age: 42
Posts: 8,621
I have renamed the thread
BippyM is offline  
Old 12 March 2006, 20:43   #34
Muerto
Registered User
Muerto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kerteminde / Denmark
Age: 42
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym
I have renamed the thread
Nice move!
now people are warned!
Muerto is offline  
Old 12 March 2006, 20:48   #35
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Codetapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Auckland / New Zealand
Posts: 3,135
Personally I have no problem with this at all. The main enjoyment of a game is playing it, not seeing the odd static picture from the end. You don't get the atmosphere or sound from a few screenshots.
Codetapper is offline  
Old 12 March 2006, 23:39   #36
andreas
Zone Friend
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Germany
Age: 43
Posts: 5,858
Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Codetapper, some have, some have not.
Although spoilers may even cause you to be BANNED elsewhere. NO JOKE. Especially in movie/film forums, you can easily get (preliminary) bans if you spoil multiple times. Even on IMDB, during writing a film review, I personally had to read myself through warnings that I will risk a ban if I only play with the THOUGHT to include a spoiler in my review without (deliberately?) checking the appropriate "spoiler(s) included" box in the options.
You see? This is taken more seriously in other places, although I even tolerate people who have to laugh out loud about this, because they just consider it childish. Opinions differ. They usually would. - Gladly.
andreas is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crappiest Amiga Ending Ever... *SPOILER ALERT* Shoonay Nostalgia & memories 92 05 November 2016 14:05
Loom spoiler Marcuz support.Games 21 12 July 2011 09:03
vbulletin spoiler code alexh project.EAB 9 19 November 2009 16:17
CAUTION April 1st.... DDNI Amiga scene 17 07 April 2008 17:50
WARNING: Spoiler thread Dastardly Retrogaming General Discussion 19 08 September 2007 21:30

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.25038 seconds with 14 queries