English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad

Old 23 January 2016, 21:29   #1
eva

Leisure Suit Larry 3 - Insert Disk 5! [Solved]

False alarm. The "Insert Disk 5" thing goes away when using the disks mentioned in the post below and downloading the slave from the WHDLoad website. It's a pity that the salve is for v1.003 because there are other disk sets with 5 disks at v1.027 (so probably "better"). However, the fix for the S/startup-sequence mentioned in the post still has to be done or else the game does not start at all.

Unfortunately, it is much better to scroll down and read the post by Retro-Nerd and download a fixed version. Even if you apply the fixes in this post, the game will halt at the scene where Larry dances in front of the audience.

--------------------------------------------

Hello!

I am trying to play Leisure Suit Larry 3 from WHDLoad and right in the beginning when moving on to a screen, the game prompts for "Insert Disk 5" from which it never recovers.

I have downloaded the slave and installed manually but if I do that I get an AmigaDOS error:

Code:
type failed returncode 20
This can be fixed by editing data/s/startup-sequence and commenting out the first line:

Code:
type text
The installer, downloaded from the WHDLoad page does not prompt for a Disk 5. So, the install only seems possible with the diskettes from TOSEC:

Code:
Leisure Suit Larry 3 - Passionate Patti in Pursuit of the Pulsating Pectorals v1.003 (1989-10-27)(Sierra)(Disk 1 of 4)[h BTTR].adf
Leisure Suit Larry 3 - Passionate Patti in Pursuit of the Pulsating Pectorals v1.003 (1989-10-27)(Sierra)(Disk 2 of 4).adf
Leisure Suit Larry 3 - Passionate Patti in Pursuit of the Pulsating Pectorals v1.003 (1989-10-27)(Sierra)(Disk 3 of 4).adf
Leisure Suit Larry 3 - Passionate Patti in Pursuit of the Pulsating Pectorals v1.003 (1989-10-27)(Sierra)(Disk 4 of 4).adf
Is there an update to this game or a way to make it work? I have completed the others and I was looking forward to this one... :-)

Thank you!

P.S. I am using the latest WHDLoad as to the date of writing this.

Last edited by eva; 26 January 2016 at 18:21.
Old 23 January 2016, 21:36   #2
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

The install script is wrong. You have to copy the resource.005 file from the last disk manually into the "data" folder iirc. Or download the fixed preinstalled game here.

http://whdownload.com/games/Update-2...1.3-B_0690.lha
Old 23 January 2016, 21:42   #3
eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
The install script is wrong. You have to copy the resource.005 file from the last disk manually into the "data" folder iirc. Or download the fixed preinstalled game here.

Heya! Yep. Thank you - I just got it working by installing manually using the disk set from the original post and:

that download.
Old 26 January 2016, 18:20   #4
eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post

@Retro-Nerd - thank you, I can confirm that your method is better. Even if you apply the fix manually, the game halts after the scene where Larry gets to dance.

This install is foobar!
Old 26 January 2016, 18:40   #5
ascp
Pastafarian

Did you do a bugreport for it at the whdload site? Otherwise it might never get fixed.
Old 26 January 2016, 19:53   #6
eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan View Post
Did you do a bugreport for it at the whdload site? Otherwise it might never get fixed.
No. Is that a question or a request though? I will consider it now that WHDLoad is free.