English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 28 February 2013, 15:31   #41
spajdr
Old fart

Send a message via ICQ to spajdr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
But what is really the point anyway? OK you can afford extra: go buy a real system. Why would I want to have a PC in a case like this? I really don't get it.
I like the idea of having much stronger pc computer fitted in A500 like case. Especially when you are limited by space, you really must think, how to set it all properly
without overheating (I never liked these monster like big ATX cases).
And when i could have it all installed in this case and run my favorite amiga emulator, it would bring nice memories for sure.
I cant afford to buy it, but i just like this idea and as britelite said, nobody is forcing you to buy it.
Old 28 February 2013, 15:38   #42
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Bwahahahahaha.

What a piece of shit! (All in my excellent opinion of course )
Old 28 February 2013, 15:41   #43
Jope
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by spajdr View Post
I like the idea of having much stronger pc computer fitted in A500 like case. Especially when you are limited by space, you really must think, how to set it all properly
without overheating (I never liked these monster like big ATX cases).
I once thought so too, but in the end a keyboard computer with all the cables connected is very cumbersome.

Having the computer inside or bolted behind the monitor makes things much easier and you can actually reposition the keyboard without a tug of war with a bunch of cables. :-D
Old 28 February 2013, 15:59   #44
discomeats
Just add brown sauce.

I vastly prefer wireless keyboards/mice for this reason too, especially when you have to mess about with other devices intermittently attached to the system, the less cable fighting the better.
Old 28 February 2013, 16:06   #45
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by britelite View Post
Good thing is that you don't need to get it. People have differing tastes and needs, so just because YOU don't want something doesn't mean some one else wouldn't want it.
That's not my point. Call it a rhetoric question if you want. I'd really like to understand this, as i once was a collector and all I did, pretty much, with my extra money, is buy old computers, and would have never thought of getting a thing like this.

People need to stop acting like one voicing his opinion in the internet means that person wants to impose their view on everybody else.
Old 28 February 2013, 18:00   #46
britelite

Quote:
That's not my point. Call it a rhetoric question if you want. I'd really like to understand this, as i once was a collector and all I did, pretty much, with my extra money, is buy old computers, and would have never thought of getting a thing like this.
As you already said, nostalgia really plays a big part here, and people are ready to pay good money for nostalgia.

And there are people who really love this form factor, me included (although, I don't like this particular case). Not everyone are able to have two (or more) computers at their house, so this is a nice solution for the people who want a machine that looks retro but which you can still use for everyday tasks.

Or maybe some people are heavily into emulation, and want a case to give them that extra fuzzy feeling?

These are maybe not reasons for you to get one, but I understand why some people might buy this case.
Old 28 February 2013, 18:03   #47
britelite

Quote:
I'd really like to understand this, as i once was a collector
Yeah, one more thing, it's probably not the collectors who are getting these, it's more likely the people who don't have the possibility of having a large collection of machines
Old 04 March 2013, 23:31   #48
Omolungo

Reached 51%

Come on guys, make this happen, give your contribute for the realization of the project!
Old 07 March 2013, 23:09   #49
Omolungo

Loriano added four new rewards:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-computer-case

£20
A laser etched "X500 Plus Kickstarter 2013" plastic fridge magnet, choice of colours, to remind you of your generous offer. Please add £3 for U.K. delivery and £8 for the Rest of The World
Estimated delivery: Apr 2013

£25
A laser etched "X500 Plus Kickstarter 2013" plastic key fob with key ring, choice of colours, to remind you of your generous offer. Please add £3 for U.K. delivery and £8 for the Rest of The World

£40
The X500 Plus USB keyboard (also ideal as spare), with the U.K. layout, choice of white or black, your choice of a high quality set of adhesives for your preferred language and a high quality Commodore 64 keyboard layout set of adhesives (black or white). Please add: £8 for U.K. delivery (3+ days), £24 for USA, £32 for Australia and New Zealand, £18 for Europe.

£45
The X500 Plus USB keyboard (also ideal as spare), with the U.K. layout, choice of white or black, your choice of a high quality set of adhesives for your preferred language and a full high quality Commodore Amiga keyboard layout set of adhesives (black or white). Please add: £8 for U.K. delivery (3+ days), £24 for USA, £32 for Australia and New Zealand, £18 for Europe.

25 days to go!

Thanks!
Old 12 March 2013, 23:55   #50
Omolungo

Still 18 days to go, 61% reached

I'll be able to house my 460ex in this beautiful X500 Plus?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	X500 Plus.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	34638  
Old 13 March 2013, 20:05   #51
wawa

something even cooler:
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/7392/imagen0655.jpg
Old 14 March 2013, 23:53   #52
Omolungo

Loriano added a new last REWARD to help out those people who want one but not now and to speed up the funding process...

It's called:

WAIT FOR ME! Pledge £100 or more. Support the X500 Plus now against the purchase of an X500 Plus computer case later (FIXED at Kickstarter prices and shipping costs). Delivered to your door from JUNE 2013.

16 days left

Thank you!
Old 18 March 2013, 22:44   #53
Omolungo

Added some photos of some key rings and key fobs Loriano has made.

Use them for your keys, attach them to your bag, manbag, bikes etc...etc...

The swivel lobster clasp is included.

12 days to go and 80% of the goal reached

Maybe we can do it with your last help