English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 26 September 2016, 16:48   #1
dustloop

FS-UAE blanket config

Hey guys! Been using FS-UAE since I found it and moved away from WinUAE, I adore this software, its a work of art for sure!

I have recently started using Launchbox and a WHDLoad collection which all works fantastic but I am wondering if there is a way to set a high powered amiga config that will still run the games to full capacity.

Here is an example;

Alien Breed 3D - If I run this as default config for A1200, the framerate is obviously what it is for a basic default config, quite jerky. If I manually use the launcher and enable JIT and use the highest CPU choice the framerate is silky smooth and and absolute joy to play.

Can I set a default config for all the games to use this just in case or is it better to edit per game basis?

Thanks for the replies ahead of time!

Old 27 September 2016, 15:26   #2
onkelarie

I'd say, use a revved up config as default and only make an adjusted config if a certain game needs it. I personally tend to go for the most realistic emulation, based on the machine I want to emulate. So JIT is not an option for me most of the time.
Old 27 September 2016, 18:00   #3
dustloop

I don't mind having accuracy but for something like AB3D it is painful to play with the preset config haha xD TBH it might only be this and maybe the sequel shall see