English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 23 August 2001, 15:53   #21
LordIvo

Wink

I hope that you don't get stuck too soon

Anyway this actually wasn't the place I got seriously stuck in this level, but let see...
Old 23 August 2001, 16:10   #22
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Smile Steve B

I'll see if I can complete Level 2 tonight when I get home from work. How did you find Level 1 by the way LordIvo. I found it quite easy apart from the bit where you have to find the stolen potions. I spent ages going on a house to house search trying to find them. Finally I met one of those hooded blokes and realised he'd nicked some of my stuff. So I made him eat some steel and found it didn't take damage off me. Hello I thought when I saw the stolen potion bottle. The rest of Level 1 was plain sailing I thought. I got tons of cash and loads of ingots that you don't ever get to spend. Then that gatekeeper nicks it all off you.. the bugger.
Where abouts in Africa are you LordIvo?
Old 23 August 2001, 16:58   #23
LordIvo

Oh yeah the level 1... When I played Darkmere for first time back in 1993 on the "real thing", actually I never completed it... Shame but about that time there were so many good titles releasing every week (Settlers, ...) so I just never found time to play it again. The game is actually one of best action / adventures on Amiga so I decided to play it again last year.

I'm not african-born person (from Eastern Europe) but right now living in Cape Town (South Africa) where I'm doing web development and programming of internet applications.

How about you Steve B ?
Old 23 August 2001, 17:13   #24
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Wink Darkmere is best on the "REaL" thing

I also played it on my A1200 when it first came out in 1993. I really loved it and was instantly hooked. But like you said there was so much good stuff coming out every week at that time. I did get around to Level 2 back then. I can't remember how far I got though. Probably further on than I currently am. I had to stop playing because my version always crashed on a specific screen so I couldn't get any further in it. Now 8 years later I'm determined to finish this great game. I bet it's scorching hot in cape town.
It's a little bit overcast here in Manchester, England. I'm working at a company making video games. I'm a programmer working on a new Gameboy Advance title scheduled for release next year. We're both programmers!
Old 24 August 2001, 11:45   #25
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Happy Eeeeeexcellent

I finally found the guy last night. Sat in the Elven Outpost on his own. There's no wonder I never spotted that hidden path near the bridge. It's invisible, practically cloaked. They should have made it a little bit easier to see there is a path there I think. Anyway I went to visit Malthar the Mage in his castle and now I see where you got stuck LordIvo.
Finding the Dragon Bones is piss easy compared to the other two which I still haven't found yet. I don't want to know exactly where they are or what you have to do but a small hint would be much appreciated.
Old 13 December 2007, 01:24   #26
sszgo

hi

playing darkmere today using winuae... played before but never passed level 2... stuck at the end of level 3 now...

here are the maps for you so you can find all locations:

http://www.gamewinners.com/amiga/Darkmere.htm

got a question for anyone out there who remembers:
level 3, prison - where is the key to door number 11 (uncle bob 's prison cell)

Old 13 December 2007, 08:20   #27
Galaxy

http://amr.abime.net/review_21119 is prob of help
Old 15 December 2007, 20:24   #28
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

That might come in handy some day.
I never made it past level 1, it was a nightmare to play from floppies.