English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 09 August 2017, 23:36   #61
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybee View Post
Major achievement unlocked, after days of heavy debugging: RESHOOT R running in a full gameloop on real A1200 hardware for the first time. And boy does it look and sound good. Thanks to all who made it possible, especially Kevin Saunders and Martin Ahman. The game is closing in for the showfloor on Returns gamescom-booth now. See you there!
I can't see shit, but I can see it looks good! :P Looking forward.

PS: dunno if you read my post, but let us preorder digital copies. i'll buy it now for whenever it is ready.
Old 10 August 2017, 00:02   #62
vulture

Like my friend Akira said, I'm in for a preorder as well! Digital copy preferred!
Old 10 August 2017, 00:58   #63
NeoHippie2016
Freak

Can't wait to See and Hear the second part of these fantastic shmup!
Old 10 August 2017, 12:40   #64
buzzybee

Thanks to all for your kind words. Consider a digital copy as practically settled. :-)
Old 10 August 2017, 12:58   #65
Overflow

I see you discuss Patreon during the video.

I guess its a problem not getting enough visibility, but again, Ive said what I think you need to do for activity there.

Fabio Falcucci makes some really nice addons for Hollywood, but gets very little attention on Patreon. But to be honest, he has not even tried to get attention on Amiga forums.
Its like the Amiga streamers, they only have 10-20 viewers, when they probably could get 100+ if they took the time to remind people "Im coming online in 5 minutes" on forums.

You have already heard it all before from me, and I will remain Patreon for your project until its completed

One additional comment; its quite sad to see the lack of support tho, and its a weakness with the Amiga community Ive noticed. People talk alot, and demand even more. But for the most part, they want it for free, and usually yesterday. For a group of people that for the most part is 30 years+ old, often with jobs, we are cheapscates. Ofcourse, its a hobby and noone is expected to do anything/pay anything.
But given the amount of demands and expectations levered towards people actually developing hardware AND software; you would think the community actually put some money where their mouths are.

Doubt it tho.

Last edited by Overflow; 10 August 2017 at 13:07.
Old 10 August 2017, 22:44   #66
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
One additional comment; its quite sad to see the lack of support tho, and its a weakness with the Amiga community Ive noticed. People talk alot, and demand even more. But for the most part, they want it for free, and usually yesterday.
I dunno what you are referring to, at least in this thread, we're all telling Richard to allow us to preorder a digital copy right now.
There's plenty of support. Patreon is no measure.

Richard: gimme your Paypal or whatever, I'll send you the money for a digital Reshoot R, I don't care when you release it!
Old 10 August 2017, 22:50   #67
klx300r

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Richard: gimme your Paypal or whatever, I'll send you the money for a digital Reshoot R, I don't care when you release it!
+1, happy to pre-order
Old 10 August 2017, 22:58   #68
DamienD
Banned

...and I have also said the same numerous times; digital download though
Old 11 August 2017, 01:05   #69
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Quote:
I see you discuss Patreon during the video.

I guess its a problem not getting enough visibility, but again, Ive said what I think you need to do for activity there.

Fabio Falcucci makes some really nice addons for Hollywood, but gets very little attention on Patreon. But to be honest, he has not even tried to get attention on Amiga forums.
Its like the Amiga streamers, they only have 10-20 viewers, when they probably could get 100+ if they took the time to remind people "Im coming online in 5 minutes" on forums.

Was thinking to promote the Pateron page for Team R3D - they have it and so far there are only three contributors (included me) despite the high quality production they have made (which i provided music for); i tried already to promote the dream-project R3D platform in italian forums but got a not-that-good feedback

Quote:
One additional comment; its quite sad to see the lack of support tho, and its a weakness with the Amiga community Ive noticed. People talk alot, and demand even more. But for the most part, they want it for free, and usually yesterday. For a group of people that for the most part is 30 years+ old, often with jobs, we are cheapscates. Ofcourse, its a hobby and noone is expected to do anything/pay anything.
But given the amount of demands and expectations levered towards people actually developing hardware AND software; you would think the community actually put some money where their mouths are.

Doubt it tho.
See it above.

Should i publish in this forum (in a new thread of course) the R3D pitch anyway, in your opinion?
Old 11 August 2017, 10:49   #70
Overflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
I dunno what you are referring to, at least in this thread, we're all telling Richard to allow us to preorder a digital copy right now.
There's plenty of support. Patreon is no measure.

I agree with you on digital download, as I dont like plastic and paper waste.

And it falls to a certain extent on the developer to get visibility onto their projects, if nothing else; post something in a thread every 2-3 weeks to remind people their project is alive, and being developed.

My comment was more a generic one after reading several forums for a few years, where there is plenty of less than helpful comments for xyz projects.
People might be predisposed against x hardware platform or y OS platform, and often feel the urge to add commentary about its users and developers.

Since Richard is a really good developer, but with little visibility (he partly got himself to blame for that), so he verbalised it on a video.

@saimon69

If any project wants support, potential users/customers needs to know the project exsists! And needs to be reminded every now and then. I might miss your post next week since Im at work and just quickly scans posts, but if your thread is refreshed 3-4 times a month, Im probably going to notice it. Espesially if you post on several forums (simple copy paste takes 30 seconds).
Old 11 August 2017, 11:01   #71
-=ARA=-

Hi there.

I think your game looks great, but had it not been for this thread on this forum I would have missed it.
I dont go to Amiga shows and I only read EAB, simply because in my opinion it´s THE Amiga forum to be on,
there are tons of other forums, but I only have time to read one of them.
But EAB is a forum with lots of activity, so it´s easy to miss news about a game like this.

Regarding Patreon, I personally don´t like this Idea at all.

If a pre-order was available I would probably go for that.
Kickstarter is of course another option, I have backed quite a few projects there,
but again you need to spread the word that the campain is out there.

Regards
ARA
Old 11 August 2017, 16:03   #72
Amiga1992

I guess we all agree that Richard needs to update us more where it matters, namely in forums like this, Lemon Amiga or whatever.
Old 12 October 2017, 11:28   #73
buzzybee

I finally found the time to record a video of the RESHOOT R demoversion which was playable at gamescom-show in august. Watch it here: [ Show youtube player ]. Enjoy!

A recent version of RESHOOT R will be playable at the Amiga32 event held end of october in Neuss/Germany. Also, if you still ain´t got it, you may get your hands on a signed copy of its predecessor RESHOOT. See you there!
Old 12 October 2017, 11:48   #74
Amigajay

Thanks for posting an update! Nice to finally see some 'clean' footage of the game in action.

Hopefully the graphic style will appeal to a more broader audience as I know some were put off in the first game.

The rendered ships later on in the vid look really nice as is the whole look, nice choice of colours, btw I notice quite a bit of slowdown with those snake type baddies, will this improve as the builds go on, is this something you are eager to combat?
Old 12 October 2017, 12:10   #75
DamienD
Banned

Thanks for posting the video Richard; Reshoot R looks like it's coming along nicely
Old 12 October 2017, 12:37   #76
buzzybee

@AmigaJay: Glad you like what you see. There is absolutely no slowdown whatsoever in the game. If the game looks a bit jerky in the video, that´s a youtube video problem.

In fact the engine is designed in way that scrolling and player/shoot sprite movement work independently from blitting enemy objects. What that means is: Even if there are tons of objects around, the player will not experience any change in gameplay speed – except for moments where speed decreases intentionally because of gameplay concerns, e.g. when the player is hit.
Old 12 October 2017, 12:41   #77
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybee View Post
@AmigaJay: Glad you like what you see. There is absolutely no slowdown whatsoever in the game. If the game looks a bit jerky in the video, that´s a youtube video problem.

In fact the engine is designed in way that scrolling and player/shoot sprite movement work independently from blitting enemy objects. What that means is: Even if there are tons of objects around, the player will not experience any change in gameplay speed – except for moments where speed decreases intentionally because of gameplay concerns, e.g. when the player is hit.
HI, thats great to hear, i did wonder if it was YT making it stutter, but yeah great job.
Btw will the game save high scores to NV-RAM? I know you like the global score thing, but a saved high score table is great to have for gaming meets etc

There's guys on these boards that can help with that aspect if you need it.
Old 12 October 2017, 12:46   #78
Gzegzolka

Looks cool much more better than first versions
Old 12 October 2017, 12:57   #79
vroom6sri

Looks fantastic! I will be adding this to my "list of things to buy in 2018 with my Xmas money".

Thanks for your hard work and commitment to the Amiga.
Old 12 October 2017, 13:25   #80
vulture

@buzzybee

That's very very nice m8! A must by for me too!