English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 16 September 2008, 10:24   #61
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
You can't even bloody play it yet but you've already made your mind up which seems a bit unfair. As much as I don't like the hardware requirements (or Turrican itself for that matter) I'm still not going to judge it before I've seen it.

It might well end up that I don't like it but it seems pointless being so dismissive so early on.
It's not unfair to dislike the HW requirements and make up my mind about the game already (specially when I know the skills of the coder). Anyway, as I won't play it anyway due to aforementioned HW requirements which kill all the fun I won't comment it anymore.
Old 16 September 2008, 10:32   #62
Graham Humphrey

Eh? Of course it's unfair to "make your mind up about the game already" because you HAVEN'T SODDING PLAYED IT. I haven't played his other games so I don't know, obviously you and others have and you don't think they're that good, fair enough but this is a different game and one that isn't finished yet. It may turn out the same but who knows?

I'm sorry but this sort of attitude annoys me. I don't expect people to accept things unquestioningly and without criticism but I don't think it's too much to ask to reserve judgement until then (but if you're not interested anyway it seems a bit daft commenting in the first place).

Well, I'm sure you could do better anyway...
Old 16 September 2008, 10:43   #63
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Eh? Of course it's unfair to "make your mind up about the game already" because you HAVEN'T SODDING PLAYED IT.
What is unfair to dislike HW requirements that are pretty ridiculous for this kind of game, tell me? And apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Quote:
I haven't played his other games so I don't know, obviously you and others have and you don't think they're that good, fair enough but this is a different game and one that isn't finished yet. It may turn out the same but who knows?
If it turns out to be the best Turrican clone ever made, fine! But I highly doubt it.

Quote:
I'm sorry but this sort of attitude annoys me. I don't expect people to accept things unquestioningly and without criticism but I don't think it's too much to ask to reserve judgement until then (but if you're not interested anyway it seems a bit daft commenting in the first place).
So only because the HW requirements turn me off I shouldn't comment? Can't really follow your logic here...

Last edited by StingRay; 16 September 2008 at 13:26. Reason: Shameless plug removed :)
Old 16 September 2008, 11:04   #64
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Just to clarify, the only problem I have with it at the moment is the HW requirements...

I'd much rather it was an AGA jobby. But hey, that's me
Old 16 September 2008, 12:34   #65
viddi

Quote:
...I don't expect people to accept things unquestioningly and without criticism but I don't think it's too much to ask to reserve judgement until then
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
...even though the HW requirements are pretty ridiculous? I'm sorry, I can't find anything to praise here...

Please keep in mind the game will run in 640x400/480 including parallax scrolling.
Old 16 September 2008, 12:36   #66
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by viddi View Post
Please keep in mind the game will run in 640x400/480 including parallax scrolling.
I see. Still not sure what to think of it but I'll wait for the finished game.
Old 16 September 2008, 12:42   #67
xperience2003

@stingray
there is an difference between overnight coded (pang,shoota) partygames
and a project like this

@all
the info about this game was not started by myself
and come too early

the "turrican clone" was just an idea at an very early state
now i finished the gamedesign and i must say, its not a turrican clone

for me, i will code a funny game for some amigaplatforms
compatible for tuned classix, a-one and emulators..thats all

no more infos before its done

--
sry for my bad english^^

Old 16 September 2008, 12:46   #68
Reynolds
Alien Breeder

what I like is Vendetta on C64. Action scenes like in Last ninja connected with driving action. Pretty cool. I could imagine something like that.
Honestly, I'm not pessimistic about the project, but don't want to see when flying imaginations falling down with the fate of "abandonity" where all efforts disappears, as the game won't be released. The only thing I can set to the classic low-end configs is the visual environment. Have I seen ultra smooth parallax scrolling in OCS/ECS/AGA games? Yes. Have seen the same on GFX-cards? No. I expect the same feeling from a game anytime what was given by Alien Breed, Shadow of the Beast Trilogy, Turrican Trilogy, etc. If a game which is szstem friendly and can give the same graphical result but with 604x480, I'll welcome it. Until that I'm waiting, because the current gfx really looks cool.

Also thinking to offer some music written by me, but don't know if it fits into the mood of the game by the creator(s). I know that the musician already have been chosen, but who knows.
Old 16 September 2008, 12:46   #69
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
@Stingray, well done thats a good decision... Shame you didnt make it 6 posts ago
Old 16 September 2008, 13:19   #70
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xperience2003 View Post
@stingray
there is an difference between overnight coded (pang,shoota) partygames
and a project like this
Agreed. As said, will wait for the finished game. I still don't like the HW requirements though. Is there any chance for an AGA only version?
Old 16 September 2008, 13:21   #71
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDNI View Post
@Stingray, well done thats a good decision... Shame you didnt make it 6 posts ago
I didn't say in any of my other posts that I won't wait for the final game.
Old 16 September 2008, 17:03   #72
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Most interesting topic as of this morning.

Thanks!

BTW, I might try it even if it requires graphic card, as long as its playable in WinUAE.
Old 07 August 2014, 12:46   #73
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Did this ever get released?
Old 07 August 2014, 17:30   #74
viddi

It´s dead! I did a song for this one but the author simply disappeared years ago.