English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL contributions

Old 17 June 2005, 00:09   #1
Carcharias

Archon the gamemap

Dear Hall Of Light,

Here is the Gamemap & Instruction for Archon.

Picture description:
Dimensions = 2467x2656
Colors = 29
Size = 90.7 Ko
Format = PNG

Enjoy !

Last edited by Carcharias; 31 December 2005 at 23:05.
Old 22 June 2005, 18:53   #2
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Great work again Carcharias! I've uploaded it to HOL and have credited you. Many thanks and keep up the wonderful work!
Old 08 July 2005, 00:04   #3
Carcharias

Thanks.
Old 08 July 2005, 09:42   #4
RCK
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcharias
Thanks.
you seems alive
why didn't you replied to my 23 june PM ?
Old 08 July 2005, 11:16   #5
StrategyGamer
Total Chaos AGA is fun!

Awesome Wild Remake of Archon for Amiga

Hey guys there is a really wild remake of Archon for the AGA Amigas 1200/4000 located here.
http://totalchaos-aga.sytes.net/

This game was once commercial but now is distributed via Aminet.

This remake is called TotalChaosAGA and it has removed the arcade battling sequences in order to focus on the strategic aspects of the game. This is a good thing. But the coder once told me that if anyone wanted the arcade battling sequences resurrected that he would do it. Send him a mail if you want that.

In this game you can play against the computer 1v1 or you can play against up to 7 other players! 8 people battling for control of the Archon board is Total Chaos!

Archon had only a few spells but Total Chaos has hundreds or thousands of Magic Spells. I get dizzy trying to count them all.

Total Chaos AGA also allows you to move ALL of your pieces each turn! It is totally wild and totally chaotic! Luckily the gameboard is rather larger than Archon.

As you can see this game is more like Archon on Acid + Anabaolic Steriods multiplied by 22 years of continuous upgrades and improvements to the gameplay.

It sounds freaky at first but the gameplay is spot on, balanced, easy for newbs, and never ever gets boring for experienced players.

I like the original Archon a lot but the one thing I didn't like was the way the game always started out the same way. Booooorrrring! Lets change it up a bit, eh?

Every time you start Total Chaos you are thrown into a crazy situation unlike any you have ever experienced before!
The battlefield and/or dungeon is randomly generated, powerful magic scrolls are randomly distributed (some may be hidden/buried) and terrible ancient Artifacts are randomly strewn around the battlefield for the players to fight over!

Oh and watch out for lurking independent monsters!

Of course all those things are adjustable in the gamesettings. You can even turn them off to reduce the chaos! But why would you want to?

All in all a very fun turn based strategy game.

Only Amiga Makes it Possible!(tm)
Old 08 July 2005, 21:31   #6
Chuckles
The Ancient One

Oops! He left off the disclaimer! Fortunately, I just happen to have it handy ...

For recreational use only. Some restrictions may apply. Terms are subject to change without notice. Void where prohibited by law. Provided "as-is" without warranty. Player assumes full responsibility. We make no other warranties, express or implied. No purchase necessary. Action figures sold separately. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Gameplay may be too intense for some individuals. Discontinue use if nausea or dizziness occurs. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of this agreement.

Old 15 July 2005, 02:32   #7
Carcharias

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCK
you seems alive
why didn't you replied to my 23 june PM ?
(ouch) Sorry RCK.. I have missed up your PM.
But you can read the reply now.

Regards