English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Amiga websites reviews

Old 18 April 2018, 23:33   #61
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Come on guys. Don't turn MigaTech into a scapegoat. It's good for nobody.
Old 18 April 2018, 23:48   #62
DamienD
Banned

Yup, this thread has run it's course.

Play nice please

...being honest though, it might be time to close anyway; nothing positive is going on.

Last edited by DamienD; 18 April 2018 at 23:55.
Old 19 April 2018, 00:55   #63
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigaTech View Post
I fail to understand how I was making myself look like Tw*t, by simply defending an Amiga related website?

So I was seemingly going against all the Amiga community rules of engagement, by talking about keeping Amiga in the race, using certain tactics.

I am quite capable of understanding what the Amiga can and cannot do. The question would still be the same as I know the Amiga is capable of a Resident Evil port. They did loads of vector and 3D rotation graphics in the Demo scene, that looked no different to what was seen in RE. Slight modification and removal of certain redundant graphics and the port is possible.
And this illustrates my previous points perfectly. You have literally just validated everything I said.

Are you really unable to see what you're doing right now?
Old 19 April 2018, 01:13   #64
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

A Resident Evil port is certainly possible on Amiga.... unfortunately, anyone without minimum a 68060 isn't going to be able to play it.

Even then, its going to need to be a cut down version.

All that texture mapping, especially when the character gets closer to the screen, all that restoring of those 256+ colour backgrounds, all comes at a price.

You can't really compare a demo to a game. The game has free movement, a demo usually only moves in whatever way the programmer wants, there are no surprises, no overheads to worry about, because the programmer knows his vector objects are moving in a direction to avoid all that.

As a compressed ISO, the original RE for Playstation is 277MB, unpacked its likely to be nearly double that.

All those backdrops need either converting on the fly, or someone has to convert them to something the Amiga can cope with for the game to run at a half decent speed, chip ram will be a massive premium.

So, if you've got a 68060 and a graphics card, Resident Evil is possible in a cut down form, but no-one is going to go to all that effort for free and for so few people to benefit from it, and, run the risk of Capcom putting a stop to it.

You can buy a PS1 for £20 from a charity shop.... why bother?
Old 19 April 2018, 05:12   #65
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Unless someone want to port the GameBoy Color version, that should run even on ECS ^^
Old 19 April 2018, 10:23   #66
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimon69 View Post
Unless someone want to port the GameBoy Color version, that should run even on ECS ^^
A hybrid of the Gameboy Colour and the Playstation version would be fairly trivial.

Playstation for the backgrounds, and obviously the Gameboy Colour method for the characters.

Would take a decent graphics artist to get it right, but doing the characters as drawn art instead of texture mapped vectors would take the main headache away, depending on the artist would determine just how good the characters look.
Old 19 April 2018, 11:12   #67
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Here is the link to the latest post of the Resident Evil thread
Old 19 April 2018, 12:44   #68
MigaTech
Only Amiga !!

Those talking about Resident Evil on Amiga, please use the link kindly provided by malko, where the discussion can continue there.

As for this continuing flak from some EAB members at myself for my bigotry, is ridiculous!

Dunny making a list of my so called incorrect actions just takes the biscuit! This is making out that I am always the one in the wrong, yet if you check back you shall notice, MOST of the time I am provoked. No-one is going to stand by and allow others to make a mockery of them.

All this stupid bickering and behaviour has now drawn the attention of the Global Moderator. How proud we must feel for accomplishing this?

As for the laughter as both mine and Generation Amiga's expense, I have taken enough of that. If we cannot continue this debate sensibly, then I shall give my consent to the Global Moderator to close this thread.

@malko Thank you for your actions of vindication on my behalf.
Old 19 April 2018, 13:14   #69
Dunny

The biscuit though is a hobnob - satisfying right up until you try to dunk it, whereupon it breaks and floats to the bottom of the cup. A hollow victory, for sure.
Old 19 April 2018, 19:19   #70
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
The biscuit though is a hobnob - satisfying right up until you try to dunk it, whereupon it breaks and floats to the bottom of the cup. A hollow victory, for sure.
*applause*
Old 19 April 2018, 19:22   #71
MigaTech
Only Amiga !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
*applause*
You just cannot help yourselves, can you! So sad!
Old 19 April 2018, 19:28   #72
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Help ourselves to biscuits? This thread is getting really off topic. In other news - have you seen what the Americans think biscuits are?! Madness!
Old 19 April 2018, 19:33   #73
MigaTech
Only Amiga !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigolemon View Post
Help ourselves to biscuits? This thread is getting really off topic. In other news - have you seen what the Americans think biscuits are?! Madness!
I think you know exactly what I mean.

I have tried further up to get this thread back to a sensible debate, only some members are having difficulty with their own self ignorance!
Old 19 April 2018, 19:51   #74
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

I hear you, and to save you googling it, they're pretty much savoury scones. Not a bad thing in itself, but certainly explains the confusion around the British tradition of tea and biscuits.
Old 19 April 2018, 20:11   #75
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigolemon View Post
I hear you, and to save you googling it, they're pretty much savoury scones. Not a bad thing in itself, but certainly explains the confusion around the British tradition of tea and biscuits.
Totally, but you know, a good (american) biscuit COULD be enjoyed with tea too! As long as you don't dunk it.

This thread is now about biscuits.
Old 19 April 2018, 20:31   #76
DamienD
Banned

...no, this thread is now closed.