English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 30 January 2018, 17:20   #441
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

This is quite strange side-effect, RAM size should not have any effect unless it causes QEMU's JIT to work differently or something.
Old 31 January 2018, 14:27   #442
bernd roesch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanujan View Post
On my FS-UAE results are slightly different - GFX memory size (even 128M) does not increase the context switch time, 32MB (or less) of Z3 memory is also fine. 64MB or more Z3 memory => slowdown (the more memory, the slower the context switching).

Checked using OS 3.9 BB2 + many patches, BPPC 68040, Thomas Richter 68040 library.
when change mem after reboot does not work. have you test save the config with more than 32 MB rtg mem and start fs-uae complete new ?. or maybe there is a diffrence in adding P96 mem between winuae and fs-uae. if you are in the fs-uae mailinglist or dev forum, maybe you can give link to here, so fs-uae dev can see about problem too.

I test with 32 MB z3 mem and 32 MB rtg mem. this work fast too

I notice when boot and when start a program (which load warp.library) without direct mem access in JIT can work later with direct mem access. so after syspeed have start i enable JIT direct mode. to do this there need press F12 switch off JIT then close the requester. press F12 again and enable JIT and choose direct mode. that it really works can see in sysspeed mem test. I start ppc voxelspace from warp up demos and it work ok. so there seem with the direct mode only have something Problems when warp.library is init

Boot with JIT direct mode do crash winuae (no DMP file written) when start sysspeed even if switch to indirect mode before syspeed start(and open warp.library). but boot without JIT start a program and later switch JIT on with direct mode seem work ok.
Old 31 January 2018, 17:00   #443
AMIGASYSTEM

Where can I find PPC Voxelspace ? the version included in the archive "WarpUP_V40.lha" it is not PPC !

With JIT Direct on AFA OS PPC I do not receive any errors
Old 31 January 2018, 17:26   #444
Romanujan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernd roesch View Post
when change mem after reboot does not work. have you test save the config with more than 32 MB rtg mem and start fs-uae complete new ?. or maybe there is a diffrence in adding P96 mem between winuae and fs-uae. if you are in the fs-uae mailinglist or dev forum, maybe you can give link to here, so fs-uae dev can see about problem too.
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly; I configure FS-UAE by editing text file, it gets reloaded when I close FS-UAE and launch it again. The 2.9.0dev is based on WinUAE 3.3.0, so quite old - and I can't really update it to anything recent due to filesystem support bug (http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...postcount=1167), which for me is a showstopper. I'm not on the mailing list and I don't sign up for them - but the FS-UAE author is present on this forum.
Old 01 February 2018, 15:16   #445
bernd roesch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Where can I find PPC Voxelspace ? the version included in the archive "WarpUP_V40.lha" it is not PPC !

With JIT Direct on AFA OS PPC I do not receive any errors
The voxelspace is from warpup v40. if it show on left side the info not PPC604e then is something wrong with your PPC install. warpup contain mixed binaries. so maybe only 68k version run on your system. In the voxelspace demo you can choose between ppc and 68k during run with F1 key. on the info text on left side you can see text MC6060 or PPC604e.

On my system PPC do around 10 fps in 1600x1024. switch with f1 to 68k it show around 35 fps. when enable later direct mode it show on 68k around 55 fps. when start voxelspace then it use by default PPC.

Last edited by bernd roesch; 01 February 2018 at 15:26.
Old 01 February 2018, 17:55   #446
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
The voxelspace is from warpup v40. if it show on left side the info not PPC604e then is something wrong with your PPC install.
Thank you i had not noticed, i start to get old i am 63 years old

Quote:
On my system PPC do around 10 fps in 1600x1024. switch with f1 to 68k it show around 35 fps. when enable later direct mode it show on 68k around 55 fps. when start voxelspace then it use by default PPC.
you can see my values in my screenshot, Used AFA OS PPC JIT "Indirect", tried to disable and abort JIT also with command "uae-configuration cachesize 0" but it does not change anything

With AFA OS 68K the speed more than 5 times higher (Screenshot taken maximum value)

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 16 February 2018 at 00:27.
Old 01 February 2018, 23:32   #447
wawa

Quote:
The voxelspace is from warpup v40.
it even runs on my a4k/csppc under aros68k with warpos installed

btw, gut dich wieder posten zu sehen.
Old 02 February 2018, 10:16   #448
bernd roesch

disable FPU JIT in 68k seem not work, i get even if i change that before a new start same values with it enable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Thank you i had not noticed, i start to get old i am 63 years old

you can see my values in my screenshot, Used AFA OS PPC JIT "Indirect", tried to disable and abort JIT also with command "uae-configuration cachesize 0" but it does not change anything

With AFA OS 68K the speed more than 5 times higher (Screenshot taken maximum value)
what CPU /GFX card you have ? with 1024*768 i get 29 fps for PPC. but i get only around 100 fps with JIT direct mode in 68k. with JIT indirect i get 60 fps

that PPC is much slower is maybe because quemu support no JIT for PPC.I try test without FPU JIT in 68k but it can not disable. sysspeed fpu give same results.
You can increase with F7 the depth and with F3 the colums in voxelspace demo, so need more calculations. PPC get slower too much, this show that there is no no context switch slowdown or slow gfx mem access in PPC. I do not see any information if now qemu support JIT

when run PPC there is not much diffrence between 68k JIT on off or indirect. diffrence happen only in 68k mode
Old 02 February 2018, 13:31   #449
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
disable FPU JIT in 68k seem not work, i get even if i change that before a new start same values with it enable
It works for me, i did test with Direct-Indirect JIT-ON- JIT-OFF, see video

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 02 February 2018, 15:33   #450
bernd roesch

In your config there is PPC not enable this can see in video in CPU page . PPC CPU emulation need checked. without PPC then direct or indirect work. if you enable that and have warpup correct installed then voxelspace show on start 604e
Old 02 February 2018, 15:41   #451
AMIGASYSTEM

No this was just a 68k test

This is instead a test on AROS 68K, works also Voxelspace

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 02 February 2018 at 21:17.
Old 03 February 2018, 10:37   #452
bernd roesch

I see you have upload a new winuae ppc video. does stackaid help, that you get no random crashes with PPC progs and AFA when no warp3d demo is start and no PPC config is used ?. maybe the ramlib stack must increase even more to get this programs working. on my install i get ramlib problem with stack aid too when PPC is add in winuae
Old 03 February 2018, 11:34   #453
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
I see you have upload a new winuae ppc video.

If you are referring to the attached video, AFA PPC is installed Stackaid (RamLibPatch and IPrefsPatch) and I do not have random crashes with AFA PPC, only thing that does not work is "GearsPPC"
the rest of the demos all work.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 11 April 2018, 15:16   #454
AMIGASYSTEM

Ciao bernd, i noticed that if i use in the Startup-sequence of AfA-OS "C:LoadModule LIBS:layers.library" i get an error on the RAM (see screenshot), there is some solution ?

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 11 May 2018 at 01:33.
Old 24 April 2018, 06:52   #455
fl@sh

can we emulate a g5 with ppc plugin?

Hello friends,I'd like to know if could be possible to emulate a better powerpc cpu under winuae, with an updated ppc plugin?!?
Could be possible to emulate a g4/g5 or better cpu? Could be even an Altivec emulation too? It could be useful for me also for testing/debugging purpose.
tnx!

Last edited by fl@sh; 24 April 2018 at 07:43.
Old 24 April 2018, 09:01   #456
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl@sh View Post
Hello friends,I'd like to know if could be possible to emulate a better powerpc cpu under winuae, with an updated ppc plugin?!?
Could be possible to emulate a g4/g5 or better cpu? Could be even an Altivec emulation too? It could be useful for me also for testing/debugging purpose.
tnx!
CPU model can be already manually set by modifying config file ppc_model entry.

For example G4: ppc_model=7400

https://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=b...dels.c;hb=HEAD (note that plugin is based on years old QEMU, merging it with newer QEMU versions is not trivial..)
Old 25 April 2018, 10:49   #457
fl@sh

Hi Toni, so I edited config file and changed ppc_model=manual in ppc_model=7400.

As result the cpu recognized is still a ppc 604e undeo AmigaOs4.1fe

To show the the cpu infos I used also a free ppccpuinfo utility I wrote and uploaded on os4depot and aminet.

So, again, I'd like to activate altivec emulation, how to do it if ever possible ?!?

Thanks a lot to Toni for his efforts to support this great emulator
Old 25 April 2018, 11:23   #458
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Did you check the log that CPU type was accepted?
Old 25 April 2018, 12:19   #459
fl@sh

Tryed both 32 and 64 bit version same thing.. ppc 604e
I have attached winuaecfg and winuaebootlog.

It could be useful to add what ppc cpu type to emulate in "PPC CPU options", I didn't know there was already possible to choose it
Attached Files
File Type: uae AmigaOS4FE.uae (13.5 KB, 147 views)
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (19.0 KB, 176 views)
Old 25 April 2018, 12:29   #460
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl@sh View Post
Tryed both 32 and 64 bit version same thing.. ppc 604e
I have attached winuaecfg and winuaebootlog.
Wrong log. Tick logging checkbox in misc panel.

Quote:
It could be useful to add what ppc cpu type to emulate in "PPC CPU options", I didn't know there was already possible to choose it
No. Users always choose "best" CPU even when it is completely wrong choice..