English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 18 May 2002, 14:05   #1
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
REQ: Barney & Freddy Mouse (*not* the QUEEN crack!)

HI,

I'm searching for an alternative version of the above game. TOSEC only has the Queen crack, which isn't very good IMHO. Whenever I read a cascade of words like "alien format fixed, repacked ... ", I always know that something has been broken up. :hoo
Maybe there's another crack worth checking out.
Thanks in advance.
Old 18 May 2002, 20:17   #2
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

It is likely that there is no other version out there of this other than the Queen crack. I'm pretty sure that the one spread on the net came from me (since I doubt anyone else who downloaded it when it came out bothered to keep it!)

Maybe that alien format/repacked stuff is referring to the original? Anyhow, that disk version was created from a version found on a compact and that was the only place I ever saw it appear. If it wasn't for the Kingsoft label, I'd swear it was PD or from a coverdisk!

Sidenote: my TOSEC copy of the game has no date, but the release year was 1989. Anybody ever seen an original of this ultra rare thing?