English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 16 April 2017, 21:53   #761
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yes, of course. Buy an A600 and a Vampire and send them here. I'm less than a newbie about Vampires without the board and without emulation to try it.

You can try this:

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=582
AdSense AdSense  
Old 16 April 2017, 23:58   #762
bebek

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpmpaolo View Post
Hello people.
Can I use AmiKit Real on a real Amiga600 with Vampire 2 accelerator?
I have followed standard instructions from AmiKit and works fine.
Old 17 April 2017, 11:21   #763
Nightfox

What is the proper way to set the default program for opening file types? I went into Scalos settings and went to the File types tab and set all the archive formats to open in Unarc instead of Multiview but after a reboot it was back to Multiview again.
Old 18 April 2017, 00:39   #764
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Sorry, maybe you should open a specific thread about Scalos or try searching for some thread about it. It is a interesting OS (although not many people uses this latest version but the old one of CWB), but I don't know how to configure every specification of every OS.

I'm glad that you are using it, someone had to be the first

But talking in general, if you've saved a setting and after you've saved it and you open it again it is in fact saved, it should be saved after a reboot.

AKReal will only change the Scalos prefs if you change environment to Workbench or DOpus and then you want to return to it. AKReal also will only change your WBStartup to move to Disabled Toolmanager (thought for WB) and AmiDock as it doesn't run right on Scalos.

Last edited by Retrofan; 18 April 2017 at 00:51.
Old 18 April 2017, 01:03   #765
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredbanana View Post
What is the proper way to set the default program for opening file types? I went into Scalos settings and went to the File types tab and set all the archive formats to open in Unarc instead of Multiview but after a reboot it was back to Multiview again.
You must change the respective icon that is in SYS:Prefs/Env-Archive/SYS
Old 18 April 2017, 01:17   #766
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpmpaolo View Post
Hello Retrofan. Any setting I could try to use AmiKit on my A600 with Vampire2?
I'm a total newbie.
fpmpaolo devi applicare gli stessi consigli che ti ho dato per AFA OS che non si discosta di molto da Amikit.

------------- English ---------

fpmpaolo devi You need to apply the same advice gave you for AFA OS which does not differ much from AmiKit.
Old 18 April 2017, 13:25   #767
dflatline

WHDLoad on Amikit

I've just installed Amikit and extracted the latest WHDLoad archive. How do I run the install script? It just opens in a text editor when I click it.

Old 18 April 2017, 14:25   #768
AMIGASYSTEM

You must start from the icon, set in window Icon view
Old 18 April 2017, 14:44   #769
dflatline

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
You must start from the icon, set in window Icon view
Thanks, that worked

Old 19 April 2017, 02:49   #770
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks a lot AmigaSystem, you are very welcomed to answer general questions here. I don't have the time actually so I only can take a look late (but I do everyday).

WHDLoad 18.3 by Bert Jahn will be included in the next update, but of course you can update it now as AmigaSystem has told.

Last edited by Retrofan; 26 April 2017 at 02:56.
Old 25 April 2017, 04:00   #771
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

GIFT for Classic Workbench users and some others. Also next AKReal improvement.

Hi buddies:

The thing is that while I was making some improvements for the next AKReal update I was feeling a bit guilty making these things just here, while some of you guys are only using Classic Workbench or few more.

So I made an installer for a couple of mates; Cammy and Amiten so they could have music if they wanted to, while opening iGame. It installs several programs and scripts as it isn't an easy task at all.

So this is it . Here you've got an installer for Classic Workbench Little, Classic Workbench OS39, BetterWB, TecniBench or also for AKReal so you can have random music playing (protracker modules) when you click on iGame. The scripts install everything you need for each distro.

It's a simple thought: What do we like the most on the miggy?. Games and music. So here you've got both together.

I hope you'll like it

DOWNLOAD: https://mega.nz/#!iRcxEBwR!h7iHsYBx3...SKOwb_19_b0r1A

Edit: Maybe you have no idea what I am talking about, so just watch this video. Of course the video just shows an installation (and it wasn't finished). It is much better once you select your games with images and they are shown while you listen to the music.

Also, when you quit a game, iGame will return playing the music

If you don't want music then use the iGame.020 icon to start it (or just rename them). In fact the iGame icon is actually a script/launcher.

[ Show youtube player ]

Edit: This was a video I made when starting the AKReal update:

[ Show youtube player ]

Edit: I've made now also a spanish installer for "TecniBench". What is that? It's a set of improvements over OS3.1. To use TecniBench you've got to name your booting partition "Sistema" unless you change that in the S-S.

http://rw30.retrowiki.es/viewtopic.php?t=807

-Edit: /Yes, I'll always respect some others nice work, and I'm very grateful to see the same -this is an updated post- on the other side, no matter what we think/believe about other Amiga things/games/programs/actitudes.
I just wish this kind of respect could be observed in every single aspect. -. End of edition.

And I've also added an installer for BetterWB.

Please note that this installer has nothing to be with any of the comented distros and no support will be given.

Make a backup of your system in any case, and if you install it and you like it, please tell.

I'm sorry but I can't attach all of the installers together so you've got here only the AKReal one the way that you can download and install it from a real miggy with internet conection.

Edit: BTW I've asked Gulliver and he likes it
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliver
It looks great!
Thank you
Regards,
Gulliver
Attached Files
File Type: lzx iGameMusic4AKReal.lzx (45.7 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 11 July 2018 at 01:12.
Old 01 May 2017, 15:51   #772
Iridium64

AKReal on A500 with Vampire?

Has anyone gotten AKReal to run on the A500 with a Vampire 500 V2+?

I set up everything in WinUAE with the exception of installing AKReal, I do that installation on the A500. But upon reboot I get errors and GURUs. The OS3.9 installation with BB1 & BB2 is quite stable on the A500.

I have did the patch of the ROM update in BB2 as suggested on the Vampire site prior to the AKReal install.

TIA

Old 01 May 2017, 16:44   #773
AMIGASYSTEM

Unfortunately, the Vampire can not be emulated WinUAE, the advice I can give is to replace libraries or applications that require FPU, delete screemode settings Picasso/Uae GFX and install SAGA Driver.
Old 01 May 2017, 17:19   #774
Iridium64

Yes, I fully understand it's not emulated in WinUAE. I just used it to prepare the CF card/MicroDrive, it's far easier doing in emulation.
I think deleting the screen modes is good as I think part of my problem arises there. As far as libraries/applications requiring a FPU does make sense to me though, as people install AKReal on A600s with Vampires but I have not seen any mention of replacement/removal of FPU libraries/applications.
Your suggestions are a starting point for me though. Now I just have to wait for the end of my shift at work...just 6 hrs to go. LOL

Old 01 May 2017, 20:15   #775
AMIGASYSTEM

Take a look here
Old 01 May 2017, 20:45   #776
Iridium64

Oh!!! Thank you very much!!!

Much appreciated, AMIGASYSTEM.

Old 02 May 2017, 16:50   #777
Iridium64

Amigasystem,

That link was immensely helpful, thank you!

Old 02 May 2017, 18:39   #778
AMIGASYSTEM

I'm happy for you
Old 03 May 2017, 00:46   #779
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

@Iridium64 remember to read also this post about the Vampire installation for AKReal:

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=582

In this video of Amiten you can see at 2:03':00" that it works with an A500

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by Retrofan; 03 May 2017 at 00:58.
Old 04 May 2017, 04:24   #780
Iridium64

Retrofan,

Thanks for the links. I read the one AFTER I had rebooted my A500 after installing AKReal. I tried to get it to work but kept getting random GURUs. I'll try again tomorrow night. Also I can't view the video because it was flagged for having copyrighted material in it. :-(

Thanks again for the assistance, I think AKReal is great.

AdSense AdSense