English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Entertainment

Old 11 June 2013, 07:31   #1141
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
I didn't want to believe it, but not a single word Muzzy said is a lie. My god this was a complete disaster.

Well not a *complete* disaster, the first 20 minutes actually isn't that bad. But the rest of it is just... shit! Damn you John. Damn you! etc. etc.

Most epic failure ever: you make the characters go to Chernobyl (YAY!) and then you don't use that to your advantage at all; they just used generic Hollywood factory #213 that was also used in National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1 and the first Batman (I'm guessing, but it could easily be true). Bunch of morons!

2/10. The movie gets a point for the first 20 minutes.
The amount of special effects impossible scenario bullshit in the trailer was enough to turn me off watching it to begin with.

The very 1st Die Hard was believable, the action was plausible and the character very likeable, so in other words a great film.

It's now just a franchise for gym junkies that think that if you have enough muscles that bullets can bounce off your flesh in their world of a testosterone detachment from reality.
Old 12 June 2013, 00:07   #1142
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002 View Post
The amount of special effects impossible scenario bullshit in the trailer was enough to turn me off watching it to begin with.

The very 1st Die Hard was believable, the action was plausible and the character very likeable, so in other words a great film.

It's now just a franchise for gym junkies that think that if you have enough muscles that bullets can bounce off your flesh in their world of a testosterone detachment from reality.
I have a simpler way of describing it: shit.
Old 12 June 2013, 02:18   #1143
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Watched The Incredible Burt Wonderstone

This was difficult to watch because overall it was pretty terrible and not that funny. The only reason I kept watching was because every scene with Jim Carrey in it was so over the top stupid it was hilarious. There werent that many scenes with him in it though.. Even Steve Buscemi and Olivia Wild (tron legacy hotty) were pretty bad in this.

Steve Carell plays the arsehole success who loses it all and then becomes likable as he tries to mount a comeback.... Not exactly an original formula. Jim Carrey plays the new success story and Carell's new rival.

If you hate Jim Carrey and think he is annoying.... Well in this he actually plays a character you are supposed to hate and is supposed to be annoying.

If you hate Steve Carell... dont watch it... he is in pretty much every scene.
Old 12 June 2013, 12:06   #1144
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla View Post
I have a simpler way of describing it: shit.
I like your style
Old 12 June 2013, 12:37   #1145
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
I like your style
Quote:
Well not a *complete* disaster, the first 20 minutes actually isn't that bad. But the rest of it is just... shit!
I have style too
Old 13 June 2013, 11:20   #1146
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
I have style too
LOL

That you do my friend, that you do I like ya mate, you have some great comments on EAB
Old 13 June 2013, 16:00   #1147
seuden
uber cool demi god

Quote:
I go to the gym but didn't like it.
Old 14 June 2013, 10:03   #1148
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by seuden View Post
I go to the gym but didn't like it.
Maybe I was a bit broad with my initial statement nothing wrong with going to the gym and bulking up but it's a bit ridiculous when a guy thinks that muscles automatically give him the skills of 20 SAS Soldiers combined after watching Die Hard 5

And I would NEVER put you in amongst the realm of the "fuck wit", I know the guys on here are cool
Old 14 June 2013, 12:07   #1149
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Quote:
And I would NEVER put you in amongst the realm of the "fuck wit", I know the guys on here are cool
That's your mistake there! He is a fuckwit!
Old 14 June 2013, 12:36   #1150
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Up yours, monkey boy. I love you too.
Old 14 June 2013, 17:51   #1151
seuden
uber cool demi god

Quote:
Maybe I was a bit broad with my initial statement nothing wrong with going to the gym and bulking up but it's a bit ridiculous when a guy thinks that muscles automatically give him the skills of 20 SAS Soldiers combined after watching Die Hard 5

Haha! Of course we're cool, we're all Amigans!

Quote:
True, I'm a cool fuckwit!

EDIT: Btw, nice to see you about KG! :P

Further edit: I watched Jack the let me take 2 hours of your life away for shits and giggles Slayer! It was quite corny! Never gonna watch it again but it was averagely entertaining I spose.
Old 29 June 2013, 14:21   #1152
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Oz - the great and powerful.

The story is a bit simple (but I guess that's because it is a movie for the whole family) and James Franco makes for a poor Oz, yet this is the first movie in a long time that truly and utterly impressed me. A classic fairy tale and my god - I didn't know there were so many colors in the world! Jaw-droppingly beautiful, this movie proves that CGI can be applied properly to create art.

8/10. See it, please! If you download it, make sure it is a blu-ray rip to get the full enjoyment. And yes - it is correct that the movie starts out in black and white the size of a postage stamp
Old 01 July 2013, 13:56   #1153
blade002
Zone Friend

Watched Cloud Atlas a few nights ago and I must say it's absolutely brilliant, one of the best films I have seen in years watching it for a 3rd time tonight just to "fully" understand the connections in the film but the message it brings forth is wonderful

And Sonmi451 reminds me of a Korean girl I was once going to marry, maybe that's why I find it so appealing as well.

Trailer
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 01 July 2013, 14:09   #1154
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Quote:
And Sonmi451 reminds me of a Korean girl I was once going to marry, maybe that's why I find it so appealing as well.
That must be it, because I thought it was an awful snoozefest.
Old 01 July 2013, 16:56   #1155
blade002
Zone Friend

LOL... Damn Mr Bootson, haven't heard from you in a while, how have you been??
Old 01 July 2013, 19:19   #1156
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

allegedly, he's been part of an awful snoozefest. Which contradicts him being a workbitch to be honest.
Old 01 July 2013, 19:32   #1157
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
allegedly, he's been part of an awful snoozefest. Which contradicts him being a workbitch to be honest.
You have completely lost me on that one, must be my age, I don't know how the youngin's are talking these days
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of my all time favourite Arnold movies and look at how much is up there of it!! awesome!!

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 02 July 2013, 07:58   #1158
NovaCoder

Quote:
Watched Cloud Atlas a few nights ago and I must say it's absolutely brilliant, one of the best films I have seen in years watching it for a 3rd time tonight just to "fully" understand the connections in the film but the message it brings forth is wonderful
I quite liked it, it was different at the very least.
Old 02 July 2013, 08:39   #1159
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
You have completely lost me on that one, must be my age, I don't know how the youngin's are talking these days
I don't speak like them youngun's, it was plain English. You only have to examine mister THB's last post and go beyond the actual message itself to put it together
Old 03 July 2013, 04:46   #1160
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Quote:
LOL... Damn Mr Bootson, haven't heard from you in a while, how have you been??
Yeah, its been a while

I'm doing good thanks, no longer living around the corner from you, have moved a little further away. By the way Maug meeting on this Thursday, I might even show up.

Back on topic.

Berserk: Golden Age Arc parts I, II & III

Weird medievil mostly cgi anime with gory battlescenes and it goes full supernatural by the third part. Third part has terrible engrish fansubs, need to re watch it with better subs because it was confusing as hell... Overall pretty entertaining but the usual bad dialogue that goes with most anime.
The first one has been dubbed into english too.

Olympus has fallen

Not a bad brainless action movie, original die hard remake but set in the whitehouse... Good action sequences and the whitehouse gets messed up pretty bad, If you dont want to think too much and just want to see stuff get blowed up, shootouts and special ops type fight scenes, I can recommend it.